“Excellent comfort at excellent price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Wonderland Package
Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Pune, India
“Excellent comfort at excellent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay at Homewood Suites recently while on a business trip to Seattle. I wasn't initially aware of this amazing hotel, but my manager had heard about it and suggested it. I decided to give it a shot after reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, and boy, thank goodness I did!

The hotel tagline rightly suggests that it is a place that makes you feel totally at home. The friendly and helpful staff make sure every query or request is duly noted and taken care of promptly. For instance, the room I'd been originally assigned was on the 9th floor and had a great view, but there was no balcony so I requested a switch, which was promptly arranged.

The housekeeping, laundry service and breakfast services are excellent. The hotel has a very warm ambience, and is also a very family-friendly place. What's more, Mon-Thurs there's even a light dinner and drinks at the hotel! But of course, it's quite possible you may never bother with the dinner since the suites all have kitchens that are equipped perfectly for a short stay. 2 burner stovetop, microwave, full-size fridge etc. and the right cookware make sure you'll only need to buy groceries. And even those can be ordered in - the hotel will buy groceries you specify for free and you just pay the cost of the items you purchase. I didn't try this myself, but the other reviews suggest that this service too is upto the mark.

One small complaint that I do have is that bottled water was charged. This doesn't seem to be the case at most other hotels. Even in other Hilton operated properties, I've always asked for around 2-3 bottles a day and have never seen any charges. This aspect should be improved. I'm sure a reasonable system can be worked out where you get say 2 bottles free and any more are charged.

All-in-all, my experience of staying here for 2 weeks was really amazing. Despite being in the heart of downtown Seattle, and having really good rooms with excellent service, the prices are really a bargain! I'd definitely stay here if I travel again to Seattle, and would definitely recommend this place to couples, families and of course solo travellers.

Room Tip: You have an option of either a front-facing view, that overlooks the I-5 highway and provides an exc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Anurag W,

We are pleased that you had an excellent stay with us and that you felt totally at home during your two week stay with us. Thanks so much for the feedback and the kind words. Hopefully we'll see you back the next time you are in town.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I only stayed for one night, but the queen suite I was in was very spacious. The room and lobby were also updated in terms of decor. My 5th floor room faced Terry Street and wasn't noisy even though I was there on a Saturday night.

I loved having a fireplace and while I didn't use the kitchenette it would be very helpful if I was staying there longer. The suite itself was very large.

The room had two small problems - some channels on both the TVs weren't working (specifically I missed a UofO game I wanted to see) and there is a weird antechamber for the bathroom so there are a bunch of doors than you would want to close if you were staying with other people and need privacy.

I didn't get a chance to have the weekday light dinner, but the breakfast was extensive.

Parking is expensive, but not any more than other Seattle choices. This hotel is very easy for walking to the convention center and 5th Ave Theatre for shows. A couple of good restaurants are nearby on Pike Street also.

It's great to have a longer term stay set-up so close to downtown Seattle. I would gladly choose this hotel again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
OpEd,

We appreciate that you took the time to review the hotel and we are glad to have your feedback. Our rooms have many different layouts and some do have two doors to the bathrooms like the one you had. Please stay with us again the next time you are visiting Seattle.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
- Hot breakfast & dinner each day
- Friendly & helpful staff
- Clean :)
- One night during my stay, I went to grab some food and as I was leaving, there was a room on my floor that was having a party-- bottles clanging, screamo music blaring, yelling; an absurd amount of noise-- even for a party. I hadn't said anything to hotel management, but when I got back 15 minutes later, hotel security was banging on the door taking care of the disturbance. It was nice to see this being handled quickly and without my prompting.
- Location: in downtown
- Secure building/safe
- Strong Internet signal
- Nice cable selection

Cons:
- Prefer to park my own car but hotel only has valet parking
- Fire alarm went off during my stay-- everyone stood outside while it was fixed/turned off, but everyone went back to rooms without explanation from management or compensation for inconvenience-- not horrible but a little surprising

• Stayed December 2012
HWSuitesSEATTLE, Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Wanderlust2147,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased that you had a nice stay with us. While you were at the hotel, a guest inadvertantly pushed a luggage cart into the fire panel, causing the alarm to go off and the fire department to show up at the hotel and search for the cause of the alarm. At the time, neither the hotel or the fire department knew the cause of the alarm which is why we were unable to provide an explanation. Thanks for following the procedure as well as asking why this ocurred. We hope to see you again soon.

Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently while visiting Seattle for work. I very much enjoyed the friendly staff, they do have valet parking available which was nice to not have to park your own car. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We were working at the convention center so the location was great for that, very much within walking distance. I left my phone charger in my room and I called once and never heard back after leaving a message. Called back again and left another message finally talked to someone, she said she would look for me and get back to me. I haven't heard back yet regarding my phone charger. Aside from that, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever in that area of Seattle again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
KSTBH37,

Thanks so much for the great review of the hotel. I'm really sorry that you've had some issues with regard to your cell phone charger. Please contact me at 206-613-2087 directly so I can resolve this matter quickly. Hopefully we can get this straightened out and you will come visit us again on your next visit to Seattle.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I lucked out & got an upgrade to a corner room, I thought I had an apartment! The room had a fireplace, leather sofa, dining area and separate bedroom. The only downside to the hotel was due to the nearby road, i often could hear ambulances going by. That issue aside, there were so many upsides to this hotel that I would stay again if I were in Seattle. I was able to walk to Pike's Place market & found a supermarket nearby. Very nice, newer Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: higher floors would be better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
chichimom5,

So glad we were able to give you that upgrade. Those corner suites with the fireplaces are always talked about by our guests. We really appreciate the great things you've written about our property and look forward to your next visit with us.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Checked in evening before Alaska cruise, dog tired after 4 day train trip.
Front desk people were fantastic- couldn't be any nicer or speedy in getting us to our room.
Great suite with a marvelous view from balcony. King bed was very comfortable.
Very nice kitchen with coffee maker.
An extremely generous breakfast, really above and beyond. With fresh blueberries on the serving line, I was in heaven - love those blueberries.
Great overall experience - would absolutely stay again!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
readytotravel09,

Thank you for remembering us! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us this summer prior to your Alaskan cruise. We do get quite a bit of our business form the cruise ships and we really like to hear that we did well. Our hotel is perfect for the kind of visit you had, with all-inclusive amenities like the breakfast buffet and dinner Monday through Thursday. We are happy you would return and hope you do the next time travel takes you out to Seattle.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Next to the convention centre, just a mile from Pile Place and near to all waterfront attractions in Seattle... all this with efficient service, good parking space and slightly more affordable rates than 5-star hotels in downtown Seattle. Best for business stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Pike Street on higher floors, the view is nice, especially when the fam...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
AbhijitParkhe,

Thank you for the nce words about our hotel's location and services. We believe we are a fantastic value for business travel while in downtown Seattle for the very reasons you pointed out. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!