“Absolutely fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADVANCE PURCHASE
Ranked #34 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Ewing, New Jersey
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was attending the NCSS Conference in Seattle November 16-18. After a 5 hour flight from Philadelphia and a 1 hour train ride from SeaTac, all I wanted was to get to my hotel room and flop.
I got to the hotel and Clarisse S. greeted me by name and gave me the keys to room 924. It was kind of interesting to go to the 8th floor and then take another elevator to a very private 9th floor. The room was so inviting. The maintenance person came to fix a light and set the alarm. By midnight I was out like the light he replaced!
Breakfast was wonderful before the conference. How the chef knew I love chive scrambled eggs is beyond me.
When I asked about a nice place for dinner to try Pacific salmon, Clarisse guided me to Blue Acre. Boy! She was right on about the place. The next night, she advised me to go to Tango for tapas--and they were the best since Spain!
Even the chambermaid asked if there was anything else I wanted.
The bell staff stored my bags on Sunday, as my flight back wasn't until 10:45pm In fact, I met one of the bell staff that previous night at the tapas restaurant!
When the staff also go to places they want their guests to go, you KNOW you have a great hotel.
I loved my stay!

Room Tip: If you really want to have complete privacy, book a room on the 9th floor. The views are great and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
BilingualTeacher,

So we did well witht the chive scrambled eggs? Glad to hear it and also very happy to know that Celisse and the team took great care of you during your stay. We feel that the personal connections we make with our guests set us apart and it appears we were able to make that happen during your stay. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. We will be sure to share with our staff. We hope to see you here in Seattle for pleasure next time.

761 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
East Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stay in Seattle quite often and love to find new places to stay. Sometimes this works out and on occasion we are sadly disappointed. On our most recent visit to the Emerald City we enjoyed our accomodations at the Homewood Suites on Pike Street.

We purchased tickets to the Paramount and were able to walk to dinner then to the Theatre to see "Wicked". It was an amazing weekend and we LOVED Homewood Suites and will definitely stay there again.

We walked down to Pike Place Market, saw the fish throwing, grabbed some Seattle's Best coffee since the line at the original Starbucks was down the street and turning the block. We walked down to the waterfront to see the Ferris Wheel, then up the HUGE staircase back to down town. It was a lovely day in Seattle, enjoying the sun, we rarely find it rainy in Seattle, we just must be lucky that way.

The hot breakfast was delicious, the room was HUGE, we had a balcony with a view of the city, the hotel location is awesome, we were able to walk to several specialty stores, Pacific Place, Westlake Plaza (where you can jump on the Monorail) we didn't this time but it's nice to know it's so close. You are less than a block from the Convention Center. We went to Gameworks and had some fun playing and riding the games. You are within walking distance of two different multi plex theatres and you are just around the corner from the Paramount Theatre.

The staff were all very courteous, helpful, and friendly. Definitely looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TrvlJunkE,

I love that you love our hotel. Coming from someone who travels quite a bit, it is great to know that we were able to impress you during your stay. Thanks so much for the kind words and please choose us the next time you come back to town.

Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second time staying at a Homewood Suites. The first time was just a one-nighter in Illinois but I had a full week stay this time. The proximity to the convention center, just two blocks away, was my main reason for selecting this hotel. The neighborhood is safe and there were always people out and about. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Westlake Center and the Pike Street Market.

The breakfast and "welcome home" dinner provide a hearty and relaxing beginning and end to the day. The menu for both meals is varied enough so you don't get bored. My room (#824) was spacious and laid out logically. The entire staff was very friendly and professional.

I did not have a chance to use the pool, the hot tub, or the room service. Also, I did not drive so I did not need to use the parking service.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be aware that rooms on the north side of the hotel, facing the street, h...
Shannon W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you liked our suite as well as our food offerings. Our hotel is designed so that you will enjoy a longer-term stay, and it appears as though we have succeeded. We hope to see you the next time you are in Seattle.

Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed in the corner suite on the top floor, view was great and accommodations were very comfortable. We had a small kitchen, balcony, living room with fireplace and a spacious bedroom and bathroom. Located just east of the convention center on Pike Street, walking to the market and around town was a breeze. Enjoyed the tapas restaurant Tango across the street, then walked to the Pikes Market and were entertained at the improv theater. Great visit to Seattle and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
kamTacoma,

Thanks for the kind words and the detailed description of our amenities. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This the most disappointing Homewood Suites I have been in. More like a Hampton Inn. Started with a call to verify my arrival. I'm Diamond with a guaranteed reservation. Staff at desk friendly enough. The room I got stuck in was so small I had to go out in the hall to change my mind. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Found out balcony is shared with adjoining room. think about security much? It is convenient to the convention center so there is that.

Room Tip: I only saw one room so my best tip is choose another hotel.
Divecontx,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We try our best to be welcoming and accommodating and we do have rooms that are among the largest in downtown Seattle. However, it appears in your case we have not provided the service and amenities that you needed for your stay. Please accept my apologies and know that we hope that you give us another chance when you return to visit Seattle.

Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Visited Seattle for the first time with my boyfriend and found this location to be in the middle of everything. I called the hotel prior to arrival and found out the light rail would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get to the hotel ($5.50 for the two of us). It was only a couple blocks walk to the hotel, and I was able to get a feel for the city. Upon arrival to the hotel the staff greeted us and told us about the free dinner (M-Th), and breakfast they offer everyday. This helped eliminate the cost of a meal, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food they offer.

My entire stay I didn't need to rent a car because everything was walking distance. I walked to the Space Needle, up Capital Hill (which has fantastic food- especially if you are looking for a non-chain restaurant), to the Ferris Wheel, and Pike Market. If you get tired the public transportation is easy to figure out, but if you're okay walking a couple miles throughout the day I would recommend walking. I highly recommend this hotel because of the perfect location, great staff, and cleanliness of the facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria P,

It is always a great thing for us to receive such a positive review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose this hotel over Sheraton few blocks south and we are extremely happy with the choice. Breakfast was very good and menu is vegetarian friendly too. You get at least 3 hot items such as sausage, egg and harsh-browns, plus many other b'fast items. On weekdays (Mon- Thu) you get a reasonable supper too for the room price. Also they have coffee in the lobby all the time. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The 2 negatives are the parking fee and bit of noise from I-5, but non bothers us. There are 2 car rentals in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and I noticed the front office always greet you when you pass the main door. The room had a kitchen, full size fridge, dish washer and microwave plus some limited kitchen items. Overall for the price I paid, this is far better choice in my case.

Room Tip: If you have a car,either pay for parking or find a different hotel where you can park free and take...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CalgaryLankan,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our amenities and service. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Seattle.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!