“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Wonderland Package
Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Eagan, Minnesota
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second time staying at a Homewood Suites. The first time was just a one-nighter in Illinois but I had a full week stay this time. The proximity to the convention center, just two blocks away, was my main reason for selecting this hotel. The neighborhood is safe and there were always people out and about. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Westlake Center and the Pike Street Market.

The breakfast and "welcome home" dinner provide a hearty and relaxing beginning and end to the day. The menu for both meals is varied enough so you don't get bored. My room (#824) was spacious and laid out logically. The entire staff was very friendly and professional.

I did not have a chance to use the pool, the hot tub, or the room service. Also, I did not drive so I did not need to use the parking service.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be aware that rooms on the north side of the hotel, facing the street, h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Shannon W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you liked our suite as well as our food offerings. Our hotel is designed so that you will enjoy a longer-term stay, and it appears as though we have succeeded. We hope to see you the next time you are in Seattle.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Tacoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed in the corner suite on the top floor, view was great and accommodations were very comfortable. We had a small kitchen, balcony, living room with fireplace and a spacious bedroom and bathroom. Located just east of the convention center on Pike Street, walking to the market and around town was a breeze. Enjoyed the tapas restaurant Tango across the street, then walked to the Pikes Market and were entertained at the improv theater. Great visit to Seattle and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
kamTacoma,

Thanks for the kind words and the detailed description of our amenities. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This the most disappointing Homewood Suites I have been in. More like a Hampton Inn. Started with a call to verify my arrival. I'm Diamond with a guaranteed reservation. Staff at desk friendly enough. The room I got stuck in was so small I had to go out in the hall to change my mind. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Found out balcony is shared with adjoining room. think about security much? It is convenient to the convention center so there is that.

Room Tip: I only saw one room so my best tip is choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Divecontx,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We try our best to be welcoming and accommodating and we do have rooms that are among the largest in downtown Seattle. However, it appears in your case we have not provided the service and amenities that you needed for your stay. Please accept my apologies and know that we hope that you give us another chance when you return to visit Seattle.

Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Visited Seattle for the first time with my boyfriend and found this location to be in the middle of everything. I called the hotel prior to arrival and found out the light rail would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get to the hotel ($5.50 for the two of us). It was only a couple blocks walk to the hotel, and I was able to get a feel for the city. Upon arrival to the hotel the staff greeted us and told us about the free dinner (M-Th), and breakfast they offer everyday. This helped eliminate the cost of a meal, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food they offer.

My entire stay I didn't need to rent a car because everything was walking distance. I walked to the Space Needle, up Capital Hill (which has fantastic food- especially if you are looking for a non-chain restaurant), to the Ferris Wheel, and Pike Market. If you get tired the public transportation is easy to figure out, but if you're okay walking a couple miles throughout the day I would recommend walking. I highly recommend this hotel because of the perfect location, great staff, and cleanliness of the facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria P,

It is always a great thing for us to receive such a positive review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose this hotel over Sheraton few blocks south and we are extremely happy with the choice. Breakfast was very good and menu is vegetarian friendly too. You get at least 3 hot items such as sausage, egg and harsh-browns, plus many other b'fast items. On weekdays (Mon- Thu) you get a reasonable supper too for the room price. Also they have coffee in the lobby all the time. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The 2 negatives are the parking fee and bit of noise from I-5, but non bothers us. There are 2 car rentals in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and I noticed the front office always greet you when you pass the main door. The room had a kitchen, full size fridge, dish washer and microwave plus some limited kitchen items. Overall for the price I paid, this is far better choice in my case.

Room Tip: If you have a car,either pay for parking or find a different hotel where you can park free and take...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CalgaryLankan,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our amenities and service. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Seattle.

BEAVERTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The suite we had was very comfortable, great bed, very convenient location. We walked to Pike's Place and the EMP at the Space Needle, although we do walk a lot normally. The breakfast was good, the staff very friendly and helpful. My only reservation is the required valet parking was quite expensive. If you don't have a car its probably a perfect place but it made a moderately expensive stay even costlier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
DAVID B,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and amenities. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our food good and our staff friendly. Our parking charges, we believe, are in line with costs downtown and our valet service provides exceptional value. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Seattle.

Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent
-room´s
-breakfast (see pic)
-happy hour - free wine and beer to go with dinner
-service. extremely helpful and nice.
-always fresh coffee
-room service

not so good
-dinner (tasteless and not very attractive).

-Would not have minded having a bar there or at least something sold from the fridge..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gunnaros1,

We hope you enjoyed your visit from Iceland. We loved having you and your group stay with us and hope you will come back to vist us again soon. We appreciated the feedback and will share with our staff.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!