“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADVANCE PURCHASE
Ranked #35 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Tacoma
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed in the corner suite on the top floor, view was great and accommodations were very comfortable. We had a small kitchen, balcony, living room with fireplace and a spacious bedroom and bathroom. Located just east of the convention center on Pike Street, walking to the market and around town was a breeze. Enjoyed the tapas restaurant Tango across the street, then walked to the Pikes Market and were entertained at the improv theater. Great visit to Seattle and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
kamTacoma,

Thanks for the kind words and the detailed description of our amenities. We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This the most disappointing Homewood Suites I have been in. More like a Hampton Inn. Started with a call to verify my arrival. I'm Diamond with a guaranteed reservation. Staff at desk friendly enough. The room I got stuck in was so small I had to go out in the hall to change my mind. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Found out balcony is shared with adjoining room. think about security much? It is convenient to the convention center so there is that.

Room Tip: I only saw one room so my best tip is choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Divecontx,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We try our best to be welcoming and accommodating and we do have rooms that are among the largest in downtown Seattle. However, it appears in your case we have not provided the service and amenities that you needed for your stay. Please accept my apologies and know that we hope that you give us another chance when you return to visit Seattle.

Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Visited Seattle for the first time with my boyfriend and found this location to be in the middle of everything. I called the hotel prior to arrival and found out the light rail would be the easiest (and cheapest) way to get to the hotel ($5.50 for the two of us). It was only a couple blocks walk to the hotel, and I was able to get a feel for the city. Upon arrival to the hotel the staff greeted us and told us about the free dinner (M-Th), and breakfast they offer everyday. This helped eliminate the cost of a meal, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food they offer.

My entire stay I didn't need to rent a car because everything was walking distance. I walked to the Space Needle, up Capital Hill (which has fantastic food- especially if you are looking for a non-chain restaurant), to the Ferris Wheel, and Pike Market. If you get tired the public transportation is easy to figure out, but if you're okay walking a couple miles throughout the day I would recommend walking. I highly recommend this hotel because of the perfect location, great staff, and cleanliness of the facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Victoria P,

It is always a great thing for us to receive such a positive review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We chose this hotel over Sheraton few blocks south and we are extremely happy with the choice. Breakfast was very good and menu is vegetarian friendly too. You get at least 3 hot items such as sausage, egg and harsh-browns, plus many other b'fast items. On weekdays (Mon- Thu) you get a reasonable supper too for the room price. Also they have coffee in the lobby all the time. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The 2 negatives are the parking fee and bit of noise from I-5, but non bothers us. There are 2 car rentals in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and I noticed the front office always greet you when you pass the main door. The room had a kitchen, full size fridge, dish washer and microwave plus some limited kitchen items. Overall for the price I paid, this is far better choice in my case.

Room Tip: If you have a car,either pay for parking or find a different hotel where you can park free and take...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CalgaryLankan,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our amenities and service. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return to Seattle.

BEAVERTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The suite we had was very comfortable, great bed, very convenient location. We walked to Pike's Place and the EMP at the Space Needle, although we do walk a lot normally. The breakfast was good, the staff very friendly and helpful. My only reservation is the required valet parking was quite expensive. If you don't have a car its probably a perfect place but it made a moderately expensive stay even costlier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
DAVID B,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and amenities. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our food good and our staff friendly. Our parking charges, we believe, are in line with costs downtown and our valet service provides exceptional value. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Seattle.

Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent
-room´s
-breakfast (see pic)
-happy hour - free wine and beer to go with dinner
-service. extremely helpful and nice.
-always fresh coffee
-room service

not so good
-dinner (tasteless and not very attractive).

-Would not have minded having a bar there or at least something sold from the fridge..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gunnaros1,

We hope you enjoyed your visit from Iceland. We loved having you and your group stay with us and hope you will come back to vist us again soon. We appreciated the feedback and will share with our staff.

lima
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

First of all the name of the hotel is deceptive to me. When I booked my stay there I assumed I would be in a suite; "Homewood Suites" right? No I was in your standard hotel room. No refrigerator, microwave or other amenity that I would associate with a suite. My bathroom was so small the door almost hit the toilet when opened. When I asked to be moved to a suite I was quoted a room price 3 times higher than I was paying. A business associate was staying in the hotel in a real suite and actually paid LESS for their room than the one I was in and we booked at the same time. The walls and woodwork were chipped and beat up. The exercise room had decent equipment but the TVs only worked on two of them. The breakfast to me was something I could get at any hotel that offered a hot breakfast. It was all processed as well. The thing that really bothered me was the housekeeping slipped a little more each day. It started by not cleaning the room until after 3pm, then not relacing the water glasses and then not even refolding the towels. The water glass issue really bothered me but I thought if I complained who knew what was going to happen to my stuff/bed/ water glasses while I was out of the room. It was in a good location by the convention center and everyone was friendly but that was about the only good thing the hotel had going for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
sket101,

I am very sorry that you our hotel did not meet your expectations. We do have some rooms that are not suites and we do have that listed on our website as not being suites; however, it seems that your room was booked without your knowledge of that fact and I am very sorry that this has ocurred. It is certainly our goal to be as transparent about our amenities as possible.

We will review your feedback about our property with our team so that we may better assist our future guests. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve by commenting on your stay.

I do also want to thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!