Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Hotel deals

Excellent
-room´s
-breakfast (see pic)
-happy
hour - free wine and beer to go with dinner
-service. extremely helpful and nice.
-always fresh coffee
-room service

not so good
-dinner (tasteless and not very attractive).

-Would not have minded having a bar there or at least something sold from the fridge..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Gunnaros1,

We hope you enjoyed your visit from Iceland. We loved having you and your group stay with us and hope you will come back to vist us again soon. We appreciated the feedback and will share with our staff.

715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
lima
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

First of all the name of the hotel is deceptive to me. When I booked my stay there I assumed I would be in a suite; "Homewood Suites" right? No I was in your standard hotel room. No refrigerator, microwave or other amenity that I would associate with a suite. My bathroom was so small the door almost hit the toilet when opened. When I asked to be moved to a suite I was quoted a room price 3 times higher than I was paying. A business associate was staying in the hotel in a real suite and actually paid LESS for their room than the one I was in and we booked at the same time. The walls and woodwork were chipped and beat up. The exercise room had decent equipment but the TVs only worked on two of them. The breakfast to me was something I could get at any hotel that offered a hot breakfast. It was all processed as well. The thing that really bothered me was the housekeeping slipped a little more each day. It started by not cleaning the room until after 3pm, then not relacing the water glasses and then not even refolding the towels. The water glass issue really bothered me but I thought if I complained who knew what was going to happen to my stuff/bed/ water glasses while I was out of the room. It was in a good location by the convention center and everyone was friendly but that was about the only good thing the hotel had going for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
sket101,

I am very sorry that you our hotel did not meet your expectations. We do have some rooms that are not suites and we do have that listed on our website as not being suites; however, it seems that your room was booked without your knowledge of that fact and I am very sorry that this has ocurred. It is certainly our goal to be as transparent about our amenities as possible.

We will review your feedback about our property with our team so that we may better assist our future guests. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve by commenting on your stay.

I do also want to thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff.

Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We (family of 4) stayed in a 1-bedroom suite for 2 nights at this hotel. Our stay was pleasant. Their staff were professional and friendly. Our room was clean, and the bathroom is rather spacious. Our room was on the 8th floor with view of the city. It has a tiny balcony. We could hear traffic noises during the day, but the noise wasn't bothersome at night with all windows shut. There is a single laundry room on the 8th floor (laundry facilities available on some floors only).
We had to pay $$ for hotel parking (valet only), which is common in many cities downtown. Also, there was no other parking option nearby. Valet service was friendly and fast, so we didn't mind the fee.

NOTE: The hotel is located on a steep 'hill'. It may be difficult to walk back to the hotel with a stroller. Also, rooms on the 9th floor require 2 different elevator rides to get to.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
StephanieO1,

We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm especially pleased to hear about the friendliness of our staff. Thanks for providing our future guests with a very detailed explanation of our amenities. We hope to see you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is all-suites, either new or renovated, with large living areas, fireplaces, balconies and fully equipped kitchens! To set it apart, it even has a pool table and rooftop pool that looked like a lot of fun.

I've stayed twice now with great experiences both times and would not hesitate to stay again. It's got AVIS on site, is close to the heart of downtown Seattle and is convenient to the I5. Great value for your money and, even though it is considered an extended stay hotel, should be considered for short stays too. As a HHONORS GOLD member, I was even provided an upgrade to a larger corner suite (on one of the two stays).

Room Tip: 5th floor is nice because it is the same floor as the pool table and rooftop pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ryan_from_ottawa,

It is great to hear that you returned to the hotel and will come back again. I'm also happy to know that you were recognized and upgraded as an Honors member. Please come back the next time you are in town.

oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The suites were a good size, comfortable and most of the facilities were new, shower was quite slow and not much wardrobe space but apart that very good.
Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, just don't turn up before booking in time some of the staff are sticklers for the 4.00pm checkin time.
The complimentary breakfast was good with a hot and continental.
Evening Snacks Monday thru Thursday good and also the complementary wine or beer made was a nice touch.
These suites are really in a great location for all of down town Seattle's Pikes Market is about a 10 minute walk away straight down the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
katocatoxford,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I traveled to Seattle with a friend and we wanted to stay in a hotel with a good central location to the popular tourist sites and nice views and this hotel fit the bill. Right on Pike Street down the road from the famous market of the same name, this was convenient to shop for fresh food at the Pike Place Market and bring it back to our room to cook and eat. The balcony with the views of downtown was also a nice touch. The room was spacious, with plenty of living space for the two of us. The kitchen was decently equipped with the utensils needed to cook a nice dinner. The front desk staff and the valet guys were very friendly. However, for the price being paid to stay at this hotel, I think the fact that they actually charge you to park here is ridiculous. Parking should be free for the guests who are paying to stay at this hotel. The hotel laundry room was also small, but sufficient to get the job done of washing our laundry. The provided breakfast was decent, but nothing lavish. I expected more for the price paid. We were able to walk to most of the really cool central Seattle sites and restaurants directly from the hotel. It's proximity to these places in downtown Seattle made this hotel a winner for us. I'd definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in Seattle.

Room Tip: Corner suites facing downtown have the nicest views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and amenities. Parking is costly in downtown Seattle and our pricing is definitely in line with nearby parking facilities. I'm happy that you will choose us again on your next visit and welcome you back anytime.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The staff was very friendly. The hotel is within walking distance of Pike Place Market in one direction and lots of great bars and eateries in the other. Rooms were as expected and the breakfast was better than expected. This is where I plan to stay on my next trip to Seattle (hopefully sooner than later)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Philip G,

We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you when you return to Seattle.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!