“Nothing to complain about!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Nothing to complain about!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I rarely give out 'excellent' reviews because that would imply that my experience was perfect (and nothing is perfect), but this hotel has far exceeded my expectations and truly deserves an excellent review. I would consider myself a loyal Fairmont hotel chain member, but the Homewood Suites on Pike Street has met my needs more than any other hotel could. This is a long review, but please read it as I think it will provide an honest insight to a truly great experience at an excellent hotel. Great value for business professionals, singles, families with children or the elderly, and couples!!!!!!!

I am currently on a work assignment and have been staying at the hotel since July, and will be staying for a total of four months! This hotel has been a great 'home away from home' because of their: 1) Staff, 2) Location, 3) Facilities/Amenities/Services!

The staff are amazing, from the front desk and management, to valet personnel, to housekeeping, to maintenance and kitchen staff, and security, etc. To date, all the hotel personnel have been extremely helpful and all have made the effort to get to know me or familiarize themselves with me, to make it feel more like home. Any time I've needed directions, suggestions of where to go/what to explore, or even to request a new coffee pot, the staff goes above and beyond what is expected of traditional customer service.

The location is phenomenal. It's literally a skip and a hop from Capitol Hill - where young, urban professionals frequent. It houses numerous independent coffee shops, yoga studios, grocery stores, convenient stores, pubs and nightlife, and great restaurants! The hotel is also right next to the Seattle Convention Centre, about a 5 minute walk to the Canadian Consulate (convenient for those Canadian travelers, if the government's services are ever needed), 5 minute walk to Westlake Centre (where the Monorail is and can take you to the Space Needle), Pacific Place Mall (has great clothing stores and a movie theatre), and the light rail (takes you right to the airport for only $2.75, where you won't get stuck in traffic on the I-5), 10 minute walk to Pike Place Market and the waterfront, 20 minute walk to Belltown. It’s also about a half hour walk to the International District, Pioneer Square, and the football and baseball stadiums (all of which are also accessible by the light rail)! All of these areas/neighbourhoods are filled with great restaurants, shops and attractions. If you have the capacity/ability to walk long distances, you will not require taxi services. In the two months that I've lived here, I've only taken a taxi twice, and taxi fare is very cheap in Seattle (compared to most large cities)! That being said, I've walked to the Space Needle, Queen Anne neighbourhood (beautiful!!), Olympic Sculpture Park, etc. Everything is very easy to get to! There are also an abundance of stores and great shopping near the hotel; as well as, three grocery stores (IGA, QFC and Whole Foods)...............Have I mentioned that this hotel's location is GREAT???

The hotel's facilities, amenities and services are wonderful. I am currently in a one bedroom, king suite (600 sq feet), with a balcony overlooking the courtyard, it has a spacious kitchen that has everything you'll need (great because I cook a lot), a pull-out sofa bed, separate bedroom (with a king bed), two closets, a work station and a good sized bathroom and a fireplace. Really, what is there to complain about!? Although the gym is small, I use it 3-4 times a week and am usually the only one in there! It has a couple treadmills and ellipticals each (with tvs on them), a workout bench, a couple full sets of dumbbells, full set of medicine balls and mats for floor core work or stretching. The pool/hot tub and billiards room are pretty quiet, even during the busy summer months (...maybe it's just a coincidence that I'm usually the only one at the pool??). The hotel's complimentary FULL hot breakfast (bacon and eggs, waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, juices/coffee) and welcome reception (which includes free wine and beer, full salad bar, and different meals each night) are very convenient. Although I don't take advantage of this more, the meals that I've had at the hotel have been good. Not spectacular, but you can't expect the hotel to provide a FREE meal that will cater to every guest's food preferences or likings.

I have read reports where the traffic noise has been an issue, but I have stayed in a Queen Studio room on the street side of the hotel before, and yes, you can hear the street noise, but you get used to it after the first night. If you are a light sleeper, maybe bring some ear plugs, but if street noise is calming for you, it really is NOT THAT BAD!!!!

Overall, this hotel will give you the best value for dollar and will add to a great experience in Seattle.

Room Tip: IF AVAILABLE, I would recommend requesting a '37 series room' (if you're booking a one b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Jenny T,

Our staff loves the great review! We really appreciate that you took the time to really drill down into our services, amenities and location. It is also great to hear that we've made such an impression on you. Thanks so much and enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently stayed for one night at this hotel while in Seattle for the first time for a wedding. We got in late (about 10:30 PM). Check-in was quick. We were a bit hungry, but there was no on-site restaurant open. There was a small store area by the front desk with drinks and food for purchase. The front desk staff did suggest a few nearby places to eat, but we were too tired to go out. So we went up to our room and were pleasantly surprised. It was a suite with a separate bedroom that we had prepaid to take advantage of a lower rate. The carpet seemed newly replaced and the general condition of the suite was very good. I wanted a separate living area in case either of us couldn't sleep in the middle of the night. I'm very picky when it comes to cleanliness at hotels and was very satisfied overall. The one suggestion I do have is in reference to the pillows. They did seem a bit old and were small. The bathroom was very clean. This would have been a nice room for a family or for a longer stay, since it was very roomy and had a kitchen. The location of this hotel was also good. Yes, it is up a hill, but manageable and within walking distance of Pikes Place Market as well as the monorail to the Space Needle.
I was contemplating whether to rate this hotel "average" or "very good." It definitely isn't average because the size of our room, condition, and location were all very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dale H,

Thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel and letting others know of your experience with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a recent vacation. The suite was very spacious, clean and the soaking tub was great! I had the feeling that I was staying in my own little apartment right in downtown Seattle. It was just a short walk - down the hill to the Pike street market. There were many attractions very close to the hotel and if you are there on a convention, it is very close - about one block. This hotel wants to make sure you do not go hungry! There is breakfast included - fruit was excellent along with oatmeal, eggs or the special of the day. There is a managers special happy hour with dinner each night. The Potato soup, a salad and a glass of the local Red wine was a great way to finish off a day of sight seeing at Mt Rainer. I then soaked in the extra deep, whirpool tub and relaxed my tired muscles. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I always request a room away from the elevator so you don't hear everyone coming in. This was ve...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Travelqueen8882,

We appreciate your very detailed review of our property and the pictures as well. I'm happy to hear that you liked our dinner reception and the hotel services overall. Please come back and visit us again.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel is just across I-5 from downtown, steps from the Convention Center. If you turn right out of the hotel, you quickly reach the many restaurants and bars on Capitol Hill, plus a good grocery store. The room was large and confortable. Good breakfast and evening reception. Staff - especially the manager - was very friendly and helpful. My room faced the highway and my only note of caution about the hotel is the traffic noise. The living room was completely soundproofed, but the door in the bedroom to the balcony was not, so there was some traffic noise in the bedroom. It wasn't too bad and I slept well, but I would probably request a room in the back next time I stay here.

Room Tip: Request room in back for quietest room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
chibiff,

Thanks for providing us and our future guests with your thoughts on your stay. Glad to hear you will be back.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in walking distance to pikes place market & downtown shopping/restaurants. Facilities were ok. Complimentery continental breakfast is served each morning. If you drive be aware that it's valet only & the current price is $32/might plus tax. However, there is street parking that is free after 8 on Saturdays & all day Sunday, so if you're there for the weekend it will shave some off your bill.

• Stayed September 2012
Rbwheeler21,

We appreciate the feedback on our hotel. We believe the service provided by our valet along with the security provided from our locked garage present the guest with a great choice for parking. We hope to see you the next time you visit Seattle.

New Westminster, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Homewood Suites Seattle/Pike Street. We were 2 adults + 2 kids ages 12 & 16. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which had two queens in the bedroom, and a sofabed in the living room. It was perfect for us. The suite had lots of room for the four of us. From the minute we pulled into the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff, the service at this hotel is very good. It is a great location, within easy walking distance to all the stores and restaurants, about 10 minutes to Pike Place Market. We easily walked to the Monorail, which took us to the Science Centre to see the Tut exhibit, and everything else around there. We really liked the breakfast included each morning, and the light dinner at night with beer and wine was more then adequate. Every time we returned to the hotel, we were greeted by the front desk with a "welcome back" Very nice touch. The one glitch (our wall-mounted hairdryer was missing) was dealt with efficiently. I would highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: We requested a room facing the courtyard/pool area. The other side facing the highway would be much...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Leisa65,

Many thanks for the kind words about our hotel and our staff. Please come back and join us again when your travels lead you back to Seattle.

Whistler, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited Seattle for a couple of days and stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. The hotel is centrally located and it was about a 10 - 15 minute walk to Pikes Market. The shopping was just around the corner. The suites were clean and well designed for a downtown hotel. We were in a one bedroom king suite. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped as well. Each morning they offered a breakfast buffet. One morning they even had make-it-yourself Belgium waffles with sausage and bacon. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful when we showed up and the the bedding configuration was not what Hotels.com had confirmed with us. Hotels.com mis-represented the bedding configuration at the hotel. I would not book with Hotels.com again as they really do not know what the bedding configuration is in each hotel. However, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family or business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Skiqueen222,

It is always great to hear that our guests appreciate our amenities. Thank you very much for the kind words and please choose us the next time your travel plans take you to Seattle.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!