“Great room at a very good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Wonderland Package
Ranked #30 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great room at a very good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I was in the hotel for four nights and the room (suite)was excelent, very big. Separate room for the bedroom, nice kitchen. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
TNLS,

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

First of all this hotel in my opinion is very overpriced. I couldn't believe that others in our group who stayed at the W, actually paid only $10.00 more than we did. It was freezing in my room and because the hotels infracture is so antiquated, maintenance has to physically come into your room to switch the heat on if the guest before you was there during warmer weather. The hotel it's self looks pretty new, but according to maintenance, it's just "a pretty mask over an old and wrinkled face." And then the alarm clocks. I was there during the time change to daylight savings time and wanted to set both the time and alarm on the alram clock before heading. Well I couldn't do that because maintenance has to come up and do that too. I've never had an alarm clock where I wasn't able to change the time or ever had heating/cooling that required a strange man at10:30 PM while in my pajamas to come fix it. And don't even ask me how long it took for him to get to me. He left at 11:00 PM so I had to trust my wake up call which I surprisingly didn't get either. To top it all off, the Front Desk manager Dawnita, didn't even seem to care about my concerns and wasn't the least bid interested in her dissatisfied guest that beat me to the puch. I believe the solution to us both was, "I know it's frustrating but it's just one of those things that is what it is." WOW!!

P.S.- Also I can't remember the last time I've been at a Hilton property that didn't offer on-demand movies and television. Even Motel 6 has this amenity.

Room Tip: Any room would be a good room if it's not here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
NYC-Tatti,

I am very sorry that you left with a poor impression of our hotel in general. It sounds like you had a bad experience all the way around. We do want to hear when we fail our guests and I would like an opportunity to speak with you if possible.

We are upgrading our heating and cooling system currently and anticipate having this issue resolved in the next few months.

I am sorry that you had this experience and would like an opportunity to fix this if I am able.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

From the friendly greeting upon walking in the door, to the farewell by name, the experience was wonderful. Got a complimentary upgrade to a suite when I only asked for a fridge in the room. Staff always had smiles and hellos. Breakfast buffets and evening reception were very satisfactory, the latter a nice way to end the day before late dinner.
My only complaint is there was no full length mirror.
Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
sew0915,

Our staff loves to hear positive feedback! Thank you for sharing your experiences about our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I'll admit I was a bit nervous when I looked at the location on the map because I feared it would be a noisy location right on Pike Street next to the interstate. I requested a quiet room and they found me a room on the courtyard side that was just fantastic.

The staff was extraordinarily friendly and during my 4-day stay they frequently greeted me and inquired about my adventures about town. They were quick to answer questions and accommodate a few requests. They even provided SUNSHINE on a couple of days (oh wait, that may not be able to take credit for that....).

The location was excellent. I was able to take the light rail from the airport (40 minute ride for under $3? yes please), and then walk 5-6 blocks to the hotel. I rented a car one day from the Hertz counter a block away, and jumping on the interstate was a breeze. The iconic Pike Street Market is an 8 block walk down the hill, and if you walk a few blocks east you're in the heart of the Capitol Hill District with all kinds of food and shopping.

The convention center is located next door, and a very unique urban park built over the interstate provides a fantastic place to escape is integrated into the landscape with remarkable precision. A delightful bonus that I enjoyed several times.

If you aren't familiar with the Homewood Suites brand, not only do they serve a hot breakfast but also a light dinner Monday-Thursday evenings that is a great deal especially for weary business travelers who might not feel like venturing out at the end of a long day.

One last thing for people who ARE familiar with the Homewood Suites brand. Many of the properties I've stayed at have a more "country home" feel to them in terms of decor and layout..this place is very classy and reminded me more of their "Hilton Garden Inn" sister brand within the Hilton brand family.

Room Tip: ask for courtyard side room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RipplesGuy,

We certainly appreciate your kind words about our hotel. Please come back and see us the next time you visit Seattle and thank you for the detailed description of our location and our amenities.

Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Very clean, polite staff, decent food, comfortable beds, big bathrooms. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I travel a lot for work and this is one of the better hotels I have had the pleasure to stay in and I got it for the Per Diem rate. Parking is a bit pricey but so is all other parking down town and its valet only. I stayed in a king suite and the room was very comfortable in every way so its perfect for extended stays.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a balcony
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Nathaniel B,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotel staff and amenities. We are certainly pleased that you will recommend us to fellow travelers in the future. Please come back the next time your business takes you to Seattle.

Danville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites for 3 nights and thought my room was very clean and offered a lot of amenities. I had booked a queen efficiency suite but was pleased to get a king bed and an early check-in. The front desk staff was helpful and always said a greeting when I came back to the hotel. I didn't take advantage of the evening reception, but it looked and smelled good!

I was surprised that my room on the ninth floor wasn't high enough to avoid street noise. (I was in room 922 which faced north.) With I-5 so close, you could hear the traffic and especially the sirens. Also, to get to the ninth floor, you had to take the main elevator to the eighth floor, then walk down the hall to an elevator that ran between the 8th & 9th floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the 9th floor, getting there requires two elevators.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HWSuitesSEATTLE, General Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
blueiii,

Thanks so much for the nice comments on our staff. They certainly appreciate hearing that they are doing a great job. Our 9th floor is quirky - there needed to be a separate elevator built for it when the hotel was built due to the hillside that the hotel was built on. We do receive quite a few comments regarding this oddity and most of our guests find it a charming difference, something you don't see frequently in hotels.

Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This room faces the courtyard and is very quiet. The fireplace is very pretty but we couldn't get anything other than the flame of the pilot light to work. I did mention this at check out. The bath in this room is huge, the largest of any of the rooms that we have had in this hotel. There is a very tall shower head in room 618 and we had requested this room in advance and confirmed it with a phone call the day before our stay. We were given 719 on check in instead and decided to explore this side of the hotel. We have been on the street side and with the door open, it is noisy but fine with it shut. We have been on the side street, which had the best balcony of all the rooms. This room has a tiny balcony and essentially no view, only of the small court yard and the apartment next door. It was necessary to keep the curtains closed because we concluded that if we could see the people in the apartments, they could see us as well. This is the first time I have been disappointed with the breakfast. There is usually some type of egg dish and this was a breakfast burrito. I am not a picky eater, but the burrito was dried out, the wrapper crispy and the sausage and egg mixture was greasy and inedible. I gave up after several bites and had the hard boiled eggs and a banana. The coffee is consistently good and I love the flavored creamer as an option. The location of this hotel and the ease of walking everywhere downtown and to the train station for the ride to the airport is the main attraction for me. I will be happy to stay again and would love to see the 9th floor next time.

Room Tip: best tall shower head 618, fireplace and huge bathroom 719, best balcony, on the side street
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
xterrared,

I'm glad to see that you returned so quickly since your last visit and also that you found the time to review us again. As before, thank you so much for your detailed review. I'm sure this will be helpful for our future guests. Also, we've looked into the fireplace issue and repaired it and we have discontinued the burritos so you won't see them next time.

Scott

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!