“Clean & Tidy Room (small), great service, great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street

You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boulder, Colorado
“Clean & Tidy Room (small), great service, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We received a small bedroom on the back side of the hotel (no views). However, it was very clean and we slept well there. Fantastic location! The hotel staff was excellent - very helpful with touring suggestions, and very accommodating of our requests. Breakfast fare was standard, but the evening receptions were great. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Light Rail system, so cheap / quick travel between SeaTac airport and downtown.

We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent there and will return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I needed a nice hotel for 5 day of relaxing stay before our Alaskan cruise. I like Homewood for having a seperate bedroom. Our 2 kids in the living room with a TV and the wife and I in our room. Having breakfast included in cost is nice way to start our day. Strong free wifi signal is a plus. We enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi is nice. Being 9 blocks from Pike St. Market and 2 blocks to Cheese Cake Factory is good. Best of all is the service. The staff works their butts off.
Cons: Parking is $25. But is standard price for downtown Seattle. The bedroom is smaller
then the ones in San Diego HWS's

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are a little noisy. Ask for a court yard room
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My Husband and I recently stayed in this hotel when we came back from our cruise. We were very pleased with this hotel. The hotel is convienently located on Pike street which is a few blocks from the Pike Street Market. They walk was not bad and the metro station is near for those of you that can not walk. The room was large and clean. It was an apartment style room complete with living room, two televisions, sofa with pull out, full size refrigerator, dishwasher and dining area. The bed was extremely comfortable. The gym had updated equiptment with clean towels and water cooler. This hotel was quite a savings because of the Manager's cocktail party that comes with dinner. I believe the reception is offered Monday through Friday. We had potatoe crusted Cod fish with vegetables, salad, wine, beer and cookies. The food was very good and the service at this hotel was excellent. This is a wonderful family hotel with all the savings. The complimentary breakfast was also wonderful. Breakfast and dinner already taken care of by the hotel- You can't beat that! I will definitely be returning to this hotel when I am in the area again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chehalis, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Never saw a staff person in 3 days without a smile and a warm welcome. Spotless, large room with balcony--fresh air 24/7. Well stocked kitchen, clean furniture and linen. Easy on/off freeway. Never waited more than 5 mins for our SUV from the parking garage. No noise from our inside courtyard room. Great water pressure for showers--extra hot water!! Super fast elevators. Had guests on both sides of our room but never heard them. The king bed was a tad soft for us--but can't take our sleep number mattress on trips!! We will be making this hotel our place to stay in future trips to the big city!!

Room Tip: We loved our room on the 6th floor, inside courtyard with big balcony, and all the windows open whic...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Running Springs, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

When one spends over $200/night for a room I certainly would expect a little more than we received. We checked in 3 days prior to our Alaskan cruise. When we went to hangup our garments we found the closet was less than 12 INCHES wide. To compound matters. it was already nearly full with an ironing board, extra blankets and a shelf for the iron. The bracket for the shelf obstructed the closet pole to the point my wife could only hang two of her dresses. I immediately requested a different roon but was told the hotel was sold out and there were no other rooms available.

Our next surprise came when my wife tried to used the restroon and found the toilet seat was completely missing one of the bolts to hold it on. Surely the housekeeping staff would have noticed something like that when and if they cleaned the room. We again called the front desk to advise of the situation and they send maintenance up immediately to install a whole new seat. The rest of the facility was adequate and fairly centrally located to the downtown district but it certainly was not worth what we were charged.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I stayed here for a week with my 18-year-old daughter. We loved everything about the hotel. Very comfortable bed, linens and pillows. I've read some reviews saying the hotel has too much street noise, but we didn’t find that. We were on the 9th floor so maybe we were above the noise. The rooms (full kitchen including dishwasher, living room, bedroom and bathroom separate from the bedroom) were all spacious and nicely appointed. Lots of storage with two full closets and two dressers.
A full breakfast is available every morning with plenty of hot and cold choices and good fresh fruit. The hot entrees changed every day so you don't have to eat the same thing each morning. Also the free dinner Monday- Thursday was substantial, well balanced and pretty good. Did I mention free wine or beer is also available with dinner?
As for location, it’s a three blocks up-hill from the downtown action but we saw this as a plus - it's only three blocks to lots of stores and 9 blocks straight down the hill to Pike Place Market, yet away from the chaos. The convention center is in the next block down from the hotel. Another reviewer said they didn't think this was the best neighborhood, but as two women traveling by ourselves, we felt perfectly safe. In fact, we thought that crime is probably low around the convention center because it's not in the city's interest to have conventioneers be victimized by crime.
The only negative thing I can come up with after a 7 night stay is that one morning one of the two elevators was broken so it was an adventure getting to and from the lobby. But again that’s only one minor gripe during the course of the week, while I have high praise for everything else. I will definitely book here again.
By the way, you can skip renting a car if you stay here unless you want to drive out of town. The light rail link from the airport stops about 5 blocks away, and it's a breeze to take to and from the airport. If you go down-hill two blocks you can catch the busses for free through most of downtown from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. Just Google the free bus zone and print out the map to see where you can go for free. Also bus 99 runs for free all along the waterfront, near the Space Needle, to the Art Museum, Pioneer Square and China Town, so you don't even have to change busses to get to most of the places on a tourist "Must Do" list. Can also take the free busses to the ferry terminals and Victoria Clipper.

Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I real enjoy downtown Seattle and Homewood Suites is in a great location. The room was great. It was basically an apartment with a full kitchen, living room, bedroom, and a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. I could have easily rated this hotel with 5 stars if it wasn't for the valet serice (or lack of valet service). The parking was a nightmare. My wife and I didn't get to the hotel until about 11pm and when we arrived we were told that the valet was off for the evening so we had to park ourselves in a space that was only 50 feet from the lobby entrance. It was an open garage so I installed a security club on the steering wheel and we went back inside where they told us they still needed to check our keys into the valet office. When we came down the next morning, I gave the valet my ticket and let him know about the security club. He said it was no problem. We checked out of the hotel while they were getting our car and I asked for a discount for parking since I was unable to use the valet service when we arrived. They were persistent and said that if I didn't pay the $30 now (25 for overnight parking, 5 for parking fees/taxes) they would just charge our card. I paid it and as soon as we finished checking out, the valet returned on foot saying he could not get our car started. At this point, I was a bit irritated. So I grabbed the keys and hauled our stuff out to the car myself and we left. When I installed the club on the steering wheel, the wheel lock had engaged which also locks the ignition. To turn on the ignition, you have to turn the wheel slightly (pretty common feature on many vehicles). Apparently the valet couldn't figure that out. So, other than paying $30 for $25 overnight valet service with no valet, It was a nice stay

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!