You added Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Pike Street, Corner of Pike Street and Boren Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburg, California
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The hotel was clean,staffs were friendly,food served at the buffet on breakfast/dinner was good,shuttle drivers were very nice...what else I can asked for! I give this hotel a rating from 1-5 to score of five because of the excellence they give to customers like us from out of town. I've talked to other customers,they've been coming back and forth to this place coz of all amenities that you cannot find to other hotels around Seattle. Overall, my family & I enjoyed everything and hope to come back to Seattle and stay here again,maybe no changes withe the good service they give to all!....one thing,shuttle was busy because they only have one so the waiting time is a little bit longer!

Room Tip: Go to trip advisor...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear Familypraystogether-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our value added amenities such as the shuttle service and the evening Manager's reception. It is our goal to provide our guests with five star service, I am very pleased to hear that this was your experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Seattle!

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I came to Homewood for a conference and to spend a week holed up in a decent hotel getting some work done. I choose this hotel because it was near the Convention Centre, could offer a suite for the week, had breakfast, a workout room, and high-speed internet. In essence I was looking for a little 'home & office away from home' for a week.
My experience was okay but I am by no means blown away by this place. It was comfortable and clean, and the front desk staff were consistently very cheerful and helpful. The food was not to my particular liking... the breakfasts were substantial but offered extremely limited 'healthy' options. Lots of eggs and bacon or sausage. Waffles were always available. Bowls of fruit salad and (during the week only...why?) yogurt. But for healthy options there was only cold items... yogurt & fruit, cold cereal and (to their credit) skim milk. There were 'some' packets of regular oatmeal available, but these disappeared quickly so if you came down after 7 am on weekdays, all that was left was the sugary flavours. Coffee was prolific, some herbal tea offerings would have been nice. Weekday Dinners were clearly pre-packaged. I had looked forward to having salmon one night, only to find prepacked salmon 'blocks' on display. Ugh. Salad was offered every night but it was the bagged, grocery store kind that was very bland. Some different greens would certainly have helped because other vegetable offerings were very, very limited. Having the beer and wine available was good, though I didn't try any of it myself. In general, I found the food clearly catered to those wanting to 'bulk up' on lots of breads, potatoes and meats, with very limited healthy options provided at either the breakfasts and dinners. For me, this was a disappointment.
The workout room, though small, was great! After the first day, I didn't try to go any time during the morning as there was no way to get on a machine. It was open 24 hrs, which I liked as my jetlag allowed me to get there early (5 am!) on some days. However getting on a machine between about 6 and 9 am was iffy. For cardio there are two treadmills, two steppers, and a recumbant bike. There are also balls and weights. I liked that there were individual tvs for each machine. Water, towels, usual cool room were very welcome. I had no need for the business centre as I was pretty self-contained. But they did have a couple of terminals and a printer available. It was in quite a public area, so probably would not be suitable for someone wanting to work for more than a few minutes.
I stayed on the 9th floor - they called this the ``executive floor`. I am not sure why. To get there you had to go up to the 8th floor, walk down the hall and around the corner and take another elevator up to the 9th. It seemed a long and convoluted walk for nothing. Running downstairs to grab a cup of coffee turned into a frustrating process. There was also no way to access the lobby from the stairwells. So I couldn`t even run down the stairs for a break. Instead I ran down to the second floor, then had to take an elevator. I suppose that there are some security issues behind this... but it just seemed odd.
The room was spacious and well equipped with full kitchen amenities. My room had a breakfast bar but no dining table, which as fine for me but others might not like that. Bathroom was well appointed, clean and updated. The bedroom was small but adequate with a very comfortable bed. The pillows were plentiful - would have been nice to have had some soft vs. hard options on the bed as all the pillows were exactly the same. The heat in the room was somewhat strange. Heat only came into the living area, so the bedroom got very cold if you didn`t leave the door open. I like cool rooms so again this was okay with me but others might not like this.
I liked the location of the hotel because it was in walking distance of everything. They offer a shuttle around the downtown but I didn`t use it. It was only a 10 minute walk up to the grocery store, 5 minutes to the convention centre, and another 10 minutes down to the central downtown. So I liked being able to take a break and go for a walk. It was also very close to a major bus station so it was easy to catch an express bus anywhere in the city. The downside of the location is that it is noisy. Very, very noisy. I faced away from the freeway but could still hear it. And on Friday & Sat nights the sirens were incessant. I barely slept at all. While the hotel does provide earplugs, they didn`t much help. The building just seemed poorly soundproofed and I don`t know how you can fix that. But it did sound like the emergency vehicles were parked right outside my window over and over, all night long. So during the week the sound was acceptable, on weekends it was a nightmare.
Finally, when I got my bill, it seems that the hotel charged me a lot per night for the first few nights, then less on the weekend. Very confusing! Perhaps it was a discount for the longer stay, but it seems that I paid an extra $25 per night during the week for the dinner. To me, this is absolutely not worth the money. Overall I would recommend this hotel, but only during the week and suggest that the dinners might not be worth the extra cost unless you have young men or teenagers in your party that can take advantage of the bulkier food offerings.

Room Tip: Get room away from freeway
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear TravelFamily2012-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We would like to apologize that we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We do our best to make sure we provide something for everyone and that all of our guests have a rewarding stay at our property.

Thank you for your feedback. We will take your suggestions under consideration and hope that next time you are in the Seattle area, you will consider staying with us again.

Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed here April 7th to the 10th while attending a conference at a nearby hotel.
We stay here because of: FREE Breakfast, FREE Internet and FREE welcome reception (Weekdays only) and cheaper parking than the host hotel. Plus it's a suite, and not just a hotel room..
The only negative to our stay was the manager's reception on Thursday. It's from 5 pm to 7 pm and I arrived about 6 pm to find the place just packed. The room menu indicated Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables, salad, etc..... except they had ran out of Fried Chicken... and I wasn't particularly just interested in potatoes, veggies and a salad, so I left and went and ate elsewhere.
The rooms that face the freeway can be noisy, but they do provide earplugs.
The bedroom seems quieter than the living room and I'm not sure if that's due to different windows or what.

Room Tip: HHonors checkin online and chose their own room
Dear Dmills1956-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you chose our hotel based on the value-added amenties that we offer. I understand we can get fairly busy at the evening reception on nights when we are sold out, and I apologize that you were unable to enjoy the fried chicken that night.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, and hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next trip to Seattle!

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I just returned from a three night stay (April 5-8). On previous visits I stayed at the Springhill Suites and Residence Inn, but this is my place from now on. As a road warrior (30 weeks on the road a year), I appreciated all this hotel had to offer. However, my first comment has to be on the post immediately prior to mine (one star), as to the $30 a day parking and no where to park. I, too, hate to pay hotel prices for parking. However, directly across the street as well as the surrounding streets is FREE parking from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. and other times are $2.00 an hour. We paid a total of $9.00 for three days parking at this hotel.

As previously mentioned the breakfast and dinner options are top notch and plentiful. Wine and beer is included at night. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are top notch. We were on the 9th floor which is the Hilton Executive floor. The rooms included kitchen, fireplace and balcony. The hotel is near the freeway, but my room faced an inside courtyard and was very quiet.

As a gym rat, I seldom find hotel gyms satisfactory. This gym had the standard precors, treadmills, one bike and some free weights. However, there is an excellent 24 Hour Fitness (Sport) approximately five minutes away by foot (1827 Yale) with all the machines and equipment anyone could want.

Cheers.

Marius

Room Tip: Request an inside courtyard room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
SEAHM, Sales/Public Relations Coordinator at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear Marius40-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Such kind words from such an experienced traveler like yourself truly mean the world to us! We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope that you will consider us your home away from home in Seattle!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

The hotel was very nice. The room was clean and the view was amazing. The main problem that I had during my stay was upon checkout when I realized I was being charged $25 a day to park my car in the hotel parking garage. Other than this everything else was excellent.

Hello jtraveler23-

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We realize that parking in the downtown area can be a challenge, that is why we are proud to offer the lowest price out of the hotels in our area. Also there are first come - first serve spots located around the hotel for those that do not want to park in the garage.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to Seattle!

Laguna Niguel, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

When you pull into this hotel, parking is $30 whether you get valet or self-park. There are not many options if any around the hotel ( I tried looking) and so they have exploited this and made it really expensive.

Apart from that, it is the typical homewood suites and so it does have a nice look, is clean and has a good breakfast.

Hello ashishkverma –

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that parking in the downtown Seattle area can be a bit high, which is why we offer the lowest price for parking out of the hotels in our area. Being able to offer a parking garage for our guests is very important to us baed on the fact that parking is very limited in the area. I assure you we have no intentions of expoiting this fact, only trying to ensure that our guests have the comfort of parking at our hotel.

Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope that next time you’re in Seattle you will consider staying with us.

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This is my third trip to this hotel, this time bringing three teenagers along, one of whom is on his first trip to Seattle. We arrived at the end of a long day in the car and immediately upon exiting the car, the valet was right there. I let him know I was going to park the car myself and he said to me, "this is your first trip here?" and I answered that it was not. Then he said we should unload right at the front door. I told him my kids didn't want to get out yet and he asked me "why?" I shrugged, he stopped me again from walking in to check in and started explaining the parking ticket to me... um, yeah, it's not rocket science. I tried to take it from him and he pulled it back and said he would put it in the car himself.

I was checking in at the desk when the valet came back over and made a strange face at me. I thought he must just be an oddball, and was definitely a little wound up... lots of weird energy going on. I returned to my car to find the three kids outraged and angry over comments the valet made to them in our car. He asked my kids if they smoke weed and if they had been smoking it in the car with their mom! My kids were shocked and more than a little put out. They denied it completely.. my kids DO NOT use drugs. He then insistently asked them again, and again. They were very mad.

We parked the car and I spotted the valet in the garage. I asked him why he was talking to my kids and accusing them of smoking pot. He sighed at me several times, and said, "sorry, I thought I smelled it." Not only did he NOT smell weed in our car, he had no business talking to my kids about anything. What a creep! I wouldn't let that guy touch my car and honestly don't know if I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
SEAHM, Public Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Hello sznnEugene_Oregon-

Thank you so much for your comments. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our valet service. I would like to assure you that this is not typical representation of our staff and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I want you to know that we will work to correct these issues immediately.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to our area.

Lana Bulanova - Sales/Public Relations Coordinator

Been to Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street? Share your experiences!