“Great stay! Definitely recommend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Deca, Seattle

You added Hotel Deca, Seattle to your Saves list
Hotel Deca, Seattle
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4507 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Ranked #52 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Great stay! Definitely recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

It was my first trip to Seattle for a conference. Hotel staff was incredibly attentive and helpful. They accommodated my request for early check in and even arranged a towncar for transport back to the airport on my final day there. I would definitely recommend this for anyone staying in the UW area of Seattle!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello OhioBobcat07,

Now that is a title. WOW!!! Thank you so much. I am thrilled that we made your experience exceptional.

We cannot wait to see you again.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Location is good if you have University business. If what you are looking for is just a room, it is good. If you desire a true hospitality experience, do not book this hotel.

Tired, carpet has not seen a vacuum much less a carpet cleaner in a while. Staff not engaged. No one showed interest in guest satisfaction at all.

Breakfast served the dungeon ! No one is hanging out in the lobby pictures belie reality.

Old, tired, not cared for and staff really could care less on guests satisfaction.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear FunTraveler84,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Hotel Deca. I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your trip. I assure you we take all reviews, positive and negative, to heart and use all of them as a tool to celebrate the areas we excel in and improve in the areas we may fall short. I have already shared your review with the team and we will make changes so that another guest does not have the same experience.

Our goal is to create truly incredible memories for our guests and we are highly disappointed to learn we did not meet this goal during your visit. I hope you will choose to stay with us again so that we can turn your next review into a 5-star experience.

Thank you again.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was there for a conference at the University of Washington. Great location. Close to bus lines to downtown and within walking distance to the center of campus. Staff was very helpful and considerate. Would return again, most definitely.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maciek K,

Thank you for your brief yet extremely fantastic review. This just proves that it sometimes does not take much to say a whole lot. We hope to see you again very soon.

Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here when taking our daughter to Seattle Children's hospital. She had a sepcial formula that needed to refridgerated, but we found there was not fridge. We called the front desk and they let us know that it would be an additional charge. Money was tight so we said we'd just use ice to keep it cool. The manager called us back and let us use the fridge free of charge so we could keep her special formula. Such nice service and understanding.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear lexaroo,

Thank you for letting me know about your recent visit to the hotel. I am so glad to hear the hotel team made the right choice and brought the fridge to your room without charging you. We empower our team to always make the right decision and it sounds like they did just that. If you would like to email the name on your reservation I will put specific notes on your profile to ensure there is a fridge in your room during your visits to the hotel. This way you do not have to worry about asking for one again.

My email address is jbartlett@hoteldeca.com.

Thank you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here alone for two nights while tending to some business at the University of Washington. The best thing about this hotel has to be its location, mere blocks from the northwest corner of the UW campus.

I arrived late at night via Shuttle Express in the middle of a rainstorm (yep, Seattle). I was tired and hungry. Fortunately, The Ave (University Way NE) is only a block from the hotel and hosts myriad late-night dining options. I returned to my room (401) and got situated. You can tell that the building was built in the 1930s, but the 2007 renovations keep the interior feeling contemporary.

The closet was pretty simple, with a pull chain light switch and a curtain (rather than doors) separating the closet from the room. Sufficient enough for me. The bathroom was a little confined, but I wasn't looking to spend a whole lot of time in there anyway. As far as I can remember, all the furniture was nice enough to keep me comfortable throughout my stay.

My only minor complaint during my stay was the noise level. Perhaps it's a byproduct of a 1930s building, but the doors and windows were thin. 401 is right next to the elevator, so I could hear sounds outside my door. On the other end of the room, through the not-fully insulated windows, I heard someone fire up a leaf blower at 6:20am on a Wednesday. My suggestion? Ask for a higher floor and maybe one away from the elevator lobby.

I was able to explore The Ave the next 2 days as well as some of the UW campus. I liked that I was able to go to campus, come back, go grab a bubble tea, come back, go grab dinner, come back, etc. All without feeling like I was ever going out of my way to go back to my room. I never got a chance to visit the University Village shopping center (easily could have walked there), but I wanted more to explore the unique areas of the University District than shop at stores found in any mall in the US. I can't reiterate how great Hotel Deca's location is. With only my feet (and Shuttle Express) as my transportation this trip, Hotel Deca was perfect for me. It was also nice to come back to a lobby that smelled like coffee every time (Tully's is conveniently attached to the hotel).

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear KCKC2,

Thank you for your incredibly detailed review. I am not sure what else to say but thank you for choosing us. It sounds like we made a fantastic first impression and a lifelong fan. Thank you so much.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked via Hotwire and was very pleasantly surprised when we checked in! Friendly staff, clean, nice rooms and great location in the city. It was close to the interstate and we got anywhere we needed within 20 minutes! The coffee shop in the lobby is amazing! Booking via Hotwire can always be a little nerve wracking because you never know what you will get, but this was amazing. I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view!! Amazing - especially at night!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Alexa W,

“Awesome” seems to be the word of choice lately for so many of our guests. I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much for your incredible review. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to tell our future guests about our amazing hotel. It sounds like we may have made a guest for life.

Please come back and visit us anytime.

Seabeck
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times in the last year. Each time I attended a concert at the Neptune which is across the street. The location for visiting the University of Washington or attending a show at the Neptune is perfect! The Hotel Deca is fun, funky and comfortable! Parking is easy, access to I5 is close and University Village shopping is also very near.

Room Tip: Just stayed in room 608-- large!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chetboar,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you continue to choose to stay with us during your visits to the Neptune. We are a perfect location for that venue. Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Jonathan Bartlett

Been to Hotel Deca, Seattle? Share your experiences!