“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Deca, Seattle

Save Saved
You added Hotel Deca, Seattle to your Saves list
Hotel Deca, Seattle
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4507 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking for only $1
Ranked #46 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Chicago
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beautiful and Clean rooms with friendly and helpful staff. I had no idea what to expect when I got there and was definitely happy with my stay! I was there for an event that was at the UW. Though I had a car, walking was a breeze and the location to restaurants and grocery stores was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear twotone21,

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled to learn that we blew your expectations out of the water. We love to hear that.

We look forward to seeing you again.

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Tumwater, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stay at Hotel Deca anytime we are in the area..most recently we stayed there for a business trip and to celebrate my husband's birthday. When making reservations I mentioned that we were celebrating my husband's birthday and asked if they could do anything special for us. We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in to find out that we had been upgraded. It was only when we took the elevator to the 16th floor that we realized that we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite! We have always loved Hotel Deca's attention to detail and this room did not disappoint. Thank you so much for making our stay one that we will remember. See you next time we are in the area :-)

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello SandjDeLisle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the hotel. I am so excited we helped make your husband’s birthday so enjoyable. Our team truly enjoys creating amazing experiences for our guests that will last with them a lifetime. Hopefully we will get the chance to create even more fantastic memories in the future.

Thank you again. Happy Birthday to your husband as well.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Not really, but the Deca is in a good location. Close the UW, shopping, easy access to and from the I-5. Rooms were a little cramped and not a lot of closet space but that is expected in a hotel of this vintage. The pub in the basement provided good quality libations and great service as well. I would stay here again if attending a game at UW but would also consider other options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear diceboy,

I love the title to your post however I really wish there was an exclamation point instead of a question mark at the end of it. Think about it “Deca –Dent!” sounds so much better. So you have my personal guarantee that the next time you stay with us we will earn the exclamation point.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

A nice change from big cookie cutter chain hotels, boutique Hotel Deca pulls off the jazzy art deco theme in a lovely and stylish way. We are happy we chose it to explore North Seattle as parking was convenient and the location was central to the areas we were interested in. Had heard it was a party area due to proximity to the hubbub of UW life but it was calm during our stay. The building is older but decently refurbished. The basement public areas are so-so, but the cool factor is consistent throughout the hotel otherwise. Forget the dungeon-like gym and head to nearby trails for a jog instead. Lovely lobby area with cozy fireplace and loungers for languishing a la Gatsby. If you need things brightly lit then this is not the hotel for you.

This was our first stay in a boutique hotel as a family, with 2 tweens. The room with 2 doubles and a chaise was enough space but the hip retro bathroom was teeny weeny. Kids liked the funky mood but 2 nights was enough. We are an urban family and enjoyed DECA's charms but they are probably best suited to hipster nonbreeders.

• Stayed October 2013
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello KaWAMiDa,

I must say, I really enjoyed reading your review. What an amazing description of the hotel. I truly appreciate the effort you took writing about your recent trip to the hotel. I am so glad you found the hotel to fit the needs of your family. While so many boutique hotels do not offer the usual “family” amenities like pools..etc.. I think the superior comfort and service often associated with boutique hotels make them extremely family friendly.

Hopefully we will see you again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Came to town for business purposes for one night, the location worked very well for me as I was going to be at UW, I had a standard room and it was great. there was plenty of space, bed was comfortable, nice furnishings and very clean. Also had a nice view of the space needle. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will stay here again when in Seattle!

Dear 2500dmaxlv,

Now that is what we like to hear. I am so glad you had an enjoyable visit and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our goal is to treat our guests to the highest level of comfort and care while they are with us. It seems like we exceeded this goal during your stay. Hopefully we will see you again in the very near future.

North Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We used to stay here in years past. Last time found the hotel run down as the area is

becoming. The hotel is charging rates that belie a better hotel and area such as Downtown,

not going to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Linda K,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the hotel. I am so sorry you felt that this visit did not meet the expectations you have come to expect from us. Clearly that is not what I like to learn. However, comments like yours are what motivate us to be great every day. While we have very little control over what occurs in our neighborhood I assure you we are doing a number of amazing improvement projects throughout the hotel that will continue to keep our hotel ahead of the curve.

This year we renovated all of our guest rooms and next year I am hopeful we will continue to make changes throughout the rest of the hotel. We are also enhancing the exterior of our building and just installed a brand new wireless network that is ridiculously fast.

I am confident that with our recent and future changes Hotel Deca will continue to be an amazing place for our guests to stay.

Thank you again.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was in town for a conference at the University of Washington and Hotel Deca could not have been a more convenient place to stay. On top of the location, I loved my room and the service was wonderful. I will definitely be returning to the Deca next time I visit Seattle!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello Caitlin B,

Thank you so much for your amazing review and for taking the time to recognize Tess at the Front Desk. Tess truly is an amazing part of our team. We are very lucky to have her at Hotel Deca. I am thrilled you will be staying with us again during your next trip to Seattle.

Thank you again.

Jonathan Bartlett

Been to Hotel Deca, Seattle? Share your experiences!