“Eclectic botique hotel in University district” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Deca, Seattle

Save Saved
You added Hotel Deca, Seattle to your Saves list
Hotel Deca, Seattle
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4507 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% OFF + FREE WiFi
Ranked #45 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Eclectic botique hotel in University district”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A great botique hotel that has kept it's old world charm yet being updated enough that it is fresh and new. Decor in Lobby is art deco. Staff are friendly and rooms clean however the bathrooms very small. It's a fun area with pubs and restaurants. An interesting place for a leisurely stoll. Being on campus is a fun change of scenery.

Room Tip: Top floors with best view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Robin A,

I am so glad to learn you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Deca. Being in a true University neighborhood there are a ton of fun restaurants and pubs. It is a active area with really easy access to downtown and all the major Seattle attractions.

We hope to see you again soon.

770 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Friday Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, has friendly and efficient staff and easy on site parking. The rooms are very nice, the views are terrific, and they have a shuttle service available for guest use in the area. I was very pleased with this hotel, and would certainly stay here again. I would think any parent with a child at UW would want to stay here. Location, Location, Location!

Room Tip: Ask for a view room on the 14th floor. I stayed in1404' and you could see the mountains, ocean...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello FridayHarborGirl,

The title of your post is the most amazing form of praise we could ever receive. Our personal goal is to treat our guests to the highest level of service, care and comfort during their visit to the hotel. In return we hope to create long term relationships with our guests and hopefully they will sing our praises to the world. It seems that we may have done just that with you. Thank you so much for singing loudly.

White Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is just ok. If you are interested in simply having a roof over your head then sure, stay at the deca. We wish we would have known more about the area before booking. Awful area. Does not feel safe, tons of skids hanging about. Nothing particular by way of interest to see within walking distance, which is too bad. Staff seem nice, room is small and feels very damp. Funny chemical smell in room. Had food sent up via their in house restaurant and it was ok. Menu very limited, not impressive. No pool. Not a good choice for family getaway, that is for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear WhiteRockFamily,

I am so sorry your visit was not what you had hoped it would be. As you can see from past reviews we are not accustomed to receiving disappointing reviews. While most of our guests believe the hotel is fantastic, as all hotels go…we may not be right for everyone. I always recommend thoroughly researching hotels and the location of the hotels before making a final selection. That way you are not disappointed.

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Service is impressive. The boutique hotel is well placed right at the U W campus. View from floor 14 is nothing less than spectacular - on a clear morning of course. I would definitely stay again if I need to return to Seattle; which I hope I do. Great city and great experience at the Deca.

• Stayed March 2013
Jcfrickpa,

It is true, we are a bit quirky a bit retro and a whole lot of joy. It all starts with our amazing team who work very hard to make each guest feel as comfortable as possible. We hope our guests look at Hotel Deca as their home away from home. We cannot wait to see you again.

Thank you again.

Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I travel to Seattle frequently and have always been pleased by Hotel Deca's service. Between the staff and the environment I have always had a positive experience. The rooms are great for the price and honestly parking is by far my main convenience. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and as much as valet is nice to have, sometimes it just leaves you waiting forever wondering what exactly happened to your vehicle. At Deca there is a large parking lot right next to the entrance, basically it makes your travel that much easier in my opinion. Front desk is always inviting and willing to go the extra mile if needed. Overall Hotel Deca is a great place with great people!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello S D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a tremendous review. As a frequent traveler to Hotel Deca your review means a lot to us. I promise you will continue to employ great people who provide outstanding service and make Hotel Deca a great place to stay.

We look forward to your next trip.

Bodega
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love the hotel. We've stayed here 3 times and the staff have always been great. The rooms feel spacious and usually have great views. The restaurant and bar are great, It's close to University district shopping and Neptune records is just across the corner (if you are into music this is a big plus). We had dinner via room service one night and it was delicious. We really do love it here.
I knocked off one star because this last time our room was hot for the whole 3 nights. It was hot when we arrived so we set the temp to 60- as low as it would go, and the fan on high, but it stayed hot in the room day and night. The temp control apparently has no effect. I had no temp gauge to tell what the temperature really was but it was too hot to sleep muchof the night. It was not so bad that we had to call the desk. I'm sure they would have changed rooms for us, because they did it once before, but it was bad enough that I want to warn folks here. We were on the 10th floor and the windows were screwed shut. It was bad enough that I forced one open a little and shoved a plastic fork in the gap so that a little breeze of cool air came in and when we couldn't sleep we could go over there and cool down. That's my only complaint. Next time I will bring a phillips screw driver with me and open a window or two. My suggestion would be for the hotel to change the windows a bit. I'm guessing they screwed them shut to prevent suicides, but now the rooms get so hot you want to jump out even if you are not suicidal. Just change the windows a bit so you can open them an inch or two and the problem would be solved. Or connect the temperature control to something that actually influences room temperature.

Room Tip: All the upper floors have great views but there is a U of W building that faces the hotel on the wes...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michael K,

WOW!!! You LOVED it! Dynamite! That just made our day! We cannot wait to see you again. We are looking into alternative window ideas as well. I am not sure if we will have it corrected by the time you come back but we will hopefully have a solution soon.

Thank you again.

Westlake Village, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The people were very helpful and made my experience easy and pleasant. (Especially Paul in Guest Services)They provide van service within five miles of the hotel which my the business potion of the trip much easier. Also, great location if you are visiting the University of Washington.

Room Tip: Great location to visit the University
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello gilkessler,

“Excellent Hotel” just about says it all. I am thrilled you found the hotel to pleasant. Also, thank you for recognizing Paul from our bell team. Paul is one of our amazing team members who take great pride treating our guests to outstanding experiences. I will make sure he knows that you mentioned him.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit.

Jonathan Bartlett

Been to Hotel Deca, Seattle? Share your experiences!