“Convenient location and spacious room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Deca, Seattle

Save Saved
You added Hotel Deca, Seattle to your Saves list
Hotel Deca, Seattle
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4507 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% OFF + FREE WiFi
Ranked #45 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Convenient location and spacious room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a interview at the University of Washington. Perfectly located for a UW visit, only minutes from campus and plenty of restaurants and shops. The hotel offers a shuttle to any location within a 4 mile radius. I was told I received a complimentary upgrade on arrival and had a room on the 11th floor, with a great view of the Space Needle. Tully's coffee shop in hotel lobby is perfect for breakfast or that first morning cup of coffee. Only minor dislike: there was a constant noise in my room (clanging pipe, like a faucet dripping). I overheard the staff saying they are still in renovating some floors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear anne t,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the wonderful amenities we have at the hotel.
I wanted to update you on the renovation. Thankfully the renovation is almost done. We are just finishing up a couple of lower floors then the unveiling begins. I would love to hear your feedback on our new room next time you stay with us.

770 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here after a concert at the Neptune Theatre... great location and just across the street. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. We liked the art deco style decor in rooms. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello WA_Cpl4fun,

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. We do have the best location for people attending a concert at the Neptune. It is often very hard to find parking in the area when a concert is going on so having a hotel room guarantees you a parking spot for the Theatre. Hopefully we will see you again either the next time you are going to the Neptune or just need to get away.

Thank you again.

General Manger
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The rooms are nice and cozy, the hotel is very convenient to UW and to plenty of food options, and the service is fantastic. I overslept on my last night there, and thanks to their free local shuttle I was able to slip in without anyone noticing. Without the shuttle, I would have had to shlep my luggage to campus and arrive quite a bit later. I've also found their front desk staff to be friendly and funny. The only drawback is that the walls are a bit thin. If you're a light sleeper and you have a portable noise machine, it wouldn't hurt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Megan C,

Thank you so much for writing such a fantastic review. We are all thrilled you had such a wonderful time. We cannot wait to see you again.

Ketchikan, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I like the way the hotel is laid out, very private with key entry after hours and keyed elevators to keep your guests privacy. High marks for ease of access from I5 also, exit 169 to 45, its one of the two huge buildings ahead, has easily discerned Deca sign to see.

Room Tip: pick a room with a view! the corner rooms have the best view=)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Keninktkn,

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. Also, thank you for the making the suggestion about our view rooms. The view alone is worth the price.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We recommend this hotel for so many reasons. The location is perfect for visiting a UW student and enjoying the University District, because everything is in walking distance and still is close to downtown. We liked quick access to the Burke-Gilman running trail, which goes around the harbor. We liked the art deco design style. More importantly, the hotel and rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. We enjoyed using the nicely outfitted gym, enjoyed the attached coffee shop, and enjoyed the casual sitting area by a fireplace on the main floor. We really appreciated the cheerful and helpful front desk staff as well as the super and pleasant housekeeping staff. We'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a great view of the mountains and downtown Seattle.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Is1112,

Thank you for your review. We are all thrilled you had such a wonderful time and enjoyed many of the amenities at the hotel. I personally think the Burke-Gilman trail is one the best trails in the entire country to enjoy a run, leisurely walk, or bike ride. The views are spectacular.

Thank you again.

Eastsound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We found the Deca quite comfortable. The bed and pillows were good and bedding excellent - no polyester sheets here, and no strange or musty smells.
Location is very central - right in the center of the U district. Staff helpful and friendly. The only thing I would not recommend if the restaurant in the basement. Food, was slow to come and cold when it arrived. There is a Tully's on-site though, so good coffee is available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear AnjiRingzin,

Thank you so much for your review. I am thrilled you found the hotel so comfortable. It is true, we are a polyester free hotel and musty smells are turned away at the front door.

Thank you again. We very much look forwarded to your next trip to Seattle.

Lynnwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was awaken at 1:30 am by college kids having a party in the room next door. I called down to the front desk to ask for help. Although half awake I said "Um, could you help with the noise, please?" Before I could continue the staff member said "This is the first complaint we have had!" Not the response I would expect. Some one has to be the first and it does not matter what number I am in line for complaints.
After the hotel sent some one up to ask them to quiet down the quiet lasted 20 minutes then they began to open their door every 15 minutes or so and scream in the hallway and slam the door. Laughing in the room followed. This went on until 3am. I did not bother to call for help again as I did not see how they could catch them in the act.
When I checked out at 8:30am I was asked about my visit. I reported the problem and this staff member told me the hotel receives a lot of noise complaints but it was due to the building being old and it doesn't have good insulation, stating "I don't know why they built buildings like that back then" . I left that comment alone.
This hotel is older and is not large. Each for has about 10 rooms or so (small tower). I expect to hear some noise, like when the doors close they sound like small bombs going off as reported in other reviews.
College parties that is another issue. This hotel is over run with college kids out for a good time and apparently the management has yet to find a way to stop it. Nothing to sign when you check in regarding noise (all quiet after 10) as some other hotels not even a non-smoking rule, nada, zip!
I wanted to like this hotel but if I can't sleep due to other guests partying; I am not going to provide a good review. This issue takes away any good points regarding thus property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Solo67_4,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the hotel. Good or Bad, I always want to hear our guest’s feedback so we can celebrate areas we succeed in and focus on the areas we may fall short of perfection.
Clearly this is not the type of experience we want to give our guests. As you can see from so many of the previous guest’s posts, we strive to treat all of our guests to the highest level of comfort and care possible. I assure you I never enjoy learning that we fell short of this goal however we will make the necessary adjustments so that we handle the situation better in the future.

As you mentioned in your post, once we discovered that the rooms around you were loud we immediately asked them to quiet down and it seems like they did. I wish you had called down again because we told them that if we received another noise complaint we would have asked them to leave. As a hotel near a major University we often have college groups and programs in the hotel. While this age group makes up a very small portion of our overall guest percentage we make it very clear to these groups that loud noise will not be tolerated. When we do receive noise complaints we act quickly and do not let it linger. We simply do not tolerate unnecessary disturbances from our guests.

I sincerely hope you will try us again in the future. While I do understand your reluctance I do believe we are a fantastic hotel and will treat you an enjoyable experience during your next visit.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly for future reservations.

Jonathan Bartlett

Been to Hotel Deca, Seattle? Share your experiences!