“Very Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Deca, Seattle

You added Hotel Deca, Seattle to your Saves list
Hotel Deca, Seattle
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4507 Brooklyn Avenue NE, Seattle, WA 98105 (University District)   |
Ranked #52 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The front desk staff was very welcoming and even upgraded us to a deluxe city view on the 15th floor where we had a wonderful view of Mt. Rainier on a couple of mornings. They were also very accommodating when I extended my stay by 2 days.

The room was very comfortable with a soft-but-not-too-soft king size bed with down pillows and duvet, iPod friendly alarm clock, flatscreen t.v. with DVD player, two sitting chairs and a desk and table. The bathroom was clean and old fashion, with a porcelain pedestal sink and bathtub. The bathroom amenities were pretty nice too.

In the hotel's lobby there is a Tully's Coffee shop and a restaurant/bar on the lower level. The restaurant also provides room service to the hotel for dinner.

The location is pretty good, being in the University District, with a few restaurants in walking distance from breakfast to dinner. There is also a Safeway right up the street. If you don't want to drive, there are usually cabs waiting outside, with the most of them being around in the evening. The hotel also provides a shuttle service to and from the airport. We didn't use any public transport, but there is a bus stop out front too. They do have a parking lot and they charge $15.00 per day. Look for specials on their website though, we were able to get a deal for $7.50 a day.

I look forward to visiting Seattle again and would definitely stay at the Hotel Deca.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, Seattle, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Alisha B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so happy you found the amenities, service, and outlets in the hotel so enjoyable. We constantly review our services to ensure they meet the high expectations of our guest. If there is ever anything we can do to make your next trip even better please do not hesitate to let us know.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Kenai, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a couple of my friends stay here while I was at Seattle Childrens Hospital. They were great. The shuttle drivers were even better! Thank you Daniel, Jimmy and others for all your help getting around the city!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Ben S,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to recognize Daniel and Jimmy who are two of our many outstanding employees. I know they were thrilled to read that they helped make your visit so enjoyable. I always tell our guests that the hotel shuttle is a fantastic way to get around the city. We recommend reservation so that the shuttle can take you to and from almost all the sites in Seattle. Plus, our drivers are outstanding ambassadors for the hotel and the city.
You can have your personal tour guide for a few minutes.

Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I loved staying at Hotel Deca. I had an interview at the University of Washington, the school recommended the hotel. The hotel is walking distance from the school. The hotel staff was very friendly, brought me up toothpaste, ordered a cab, and gave easy directions. The room was very clean and I had a great view of the city. I ordered dinner and lunch there. While the restaurant was small, the food was very good. The bed was very comfortable and the internet in the room was free!! The only downside was I could easily hear my neighbors converstaion when I was in the bathroom. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sasha G,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Hotel Deca. I am so happy that your visit was enjoyable. I hope your restful night sleep and carefree visit helped prepare you for a successful interview.

Thank you again.

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Hotel Deca is a bit out of the mainstream, and to me, that accounts for some of the mixed reviews. Yes, you pay for parking, breakfast, etc. This is marketing, folks., The room rates are much lower than comparable properties in the area. Then, you get to choose what extras you want/need, rather than having them built into a higher room charge. We had a Junior Suite, and were very peased with it. The staff was professional and we received top notch service. Our room was comfotable and, yes, quiet. The building is far from being new, but the management has done a marvelous job with the Art Deco theme. If you want traditional and can't handle trendy, stay elsewhere. If you're ready for a unique experience, try the Hotel Deca. We did, and have no regrets whatsoever.

Room Tip: Use your AAA or AARP when you reserve, and upgrade to a Jr Suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Global-track,

As a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor I recognize that you have a high yet realistic understanding of today’s hotel world. That is why I am so thrilled we were able to meet your high expectations. The entire team is so appreciative of the wonderful comments and outstanding description of the hotel. The staff strives to create amazing experiences for our guests by treating them to the highest level of comfort and care. Clearly we exceeded this goal during your visit.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We loved everything about our stay at Hotel Deca. The location, the decor, the friendly staff, but it was the amazing view from our room which we will remember the most. We would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are visiting a UW student.

Room Tip: Pay more for a higher room... it's worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Nancy L,

Thank you so much for the OUTSTANDING review. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to recognize our FANTASTIC staff and the AMAZING views from the hotel. I always tell people the two best things about Hotel Deca are the staff and the views. I am thrilled we made such an amazing impression that you will recommend us to everyone.

Thank you again. We cannot wait to see you in the future.

Best Wishes,
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I want to first point out that all the previous comments about the walls being paper thin are actually NOT an exaggeration at all. You can literally hear your neighbours chat, pee, etc. I am half deaf and was still woken up in the middle of the night from someone taking a shower! Also, doors closing sound like bombs going off. It appears as though they may be renovating in Dec. and addressing this issue but until then take this warning very seriously. Unless you sleep with earplugs you will be woken up.

This alone will stop me from returning but another issue which bears just as much weight is the lack of water pressure. It is about as weak as it can get get. If you're a woman with anything more than short hair it will take forever to wash and condition and rinse. And there is zero counter space.

There are a lot of little extra fees too...$6.95 for 15 min of internet access in the lobby? Really? And $5 for bottled water?

I should note though, that I got a very good rate ($115) so I would rather pay less for the room and pay for the internet and water than pay way more for the room and have these things free.

On the positive side the bed was super comfy and the rooms are nice and clean and the front desk staff indeed are fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear angela369,

I first wanted to thank you taking the time to mention our outstanding team at Hotel Deca. All of us strive very hard to treat all of our guests to the highest level of comfort and care while they are with us. We are thrilled when we learn that our service has met this goal. I will make sure the team reads your comments as well.

I also wanted to thank you for the additional feedback about your visit. We constantly review our amenities and services to ensure they meet our guest’s expectations. We will take your comment to heart and make the necessary changes to improve our guests overall visit.

Thank you again. I truly appreciate the feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My stay here was for 4 days. Friendly and efficient front desk staff. Beautiful decor through out the hotel. Room size was fairly large. Comfortable king size bed. Now the negatives. Was prepared for the lack of privacy due to the thin insulation in the walls. Yes it's true. I could clearly hear a man talking on the phone next door. Thank goodness my room is a corner suite. The bathroom was freezing cold because there was no heat or air ventalation. Inadequate lighting, very dim and dark. Not enough counter space. I hope management will address these needs if they decide to renovate the bathrooms in the future. The wi fi reception is free but the reception was poor, you can upgrade but it will cost extra.
To the front desk staff thank you for the warm and friendly service.

• Stayed November 2012
Hello squiddee,

Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate the opportunity to learn about your recent visit and how we could improve the hotel so that your visit was more comfortable.

I wanted to let you know that starting on December 3rd, we will be renovating our guest rooms. During the renovation many of the concerns you expressed will be addressed. We recognize that the bathrooms are in need of a major upgrade and we are confident once it is completed our bathrooms will have better lighting along with more counter and shelf space. We are also looking to add additional bandwidth which will help with the poor reception.

Thank you again. We hope to see you again once the renovation is completed in February. I would truly enjoy hearing your feedback to see if you enjoyed the changes.

Jonathan Bartlett

Been to Hotel Deca, Seattle? Share your experiences!