“A great way to celebrate my Dad's 70TH” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Union Street, Seattle, WA (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Tokyo
“A great way to celebrate my Dad's 70TH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

I took my parents here overnight in order to celebrate my Dad's 70th. What a wonderful hotel. Everything went without a hitch, including the champagne that I had pre^ordered. We had adjoining rooms and they were huge with luxurious bathrooms. We visited the lounge downstairs and our server was generous with our wine re-fills( I cannot stand being ripped off with just a sip). The only negative thing that I can say is that the water pressure is week and it doesn't heat up hot enough. My bar bill was reasonable as well. Keep up the great work Four Seasons!!!!

• Stayed June 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
planet earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

im not so sure. dont get me wrong it was very clean. they upgraded my room it was at a decent size with a huge window. location was excellent better than the olympic (ex-employee) it was 1/2 a block from the hotel to pike place market, which i loved! service was really nice cos they let me check in at 10am and i got an upgrade. i asked the concierge for a good place to get brkfast he pointed me down 1st ave but i couldnt find it, no biggie i opted for the pikes place chowder instead which was awesome (thats another review) the service well it was kinda weird i asked them for a travelers amenity which i got lady i forgot her name was great gave me EVERYTHING plus a manicure set. but then i came back from pikes market and was getting ready for my concert i needed baby powder and asked if they had some the guy said yes and it would be on its way, well i am still waiting for it to this day lol never came. while i was showering, great shower but the detacheable shower handle's joint had a huge leak, other than that it was great too. so far of all my four seasons hotel stays i enjoyed aviara the best while my family likes santa barbara the best!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

Just returned today from a 4 night stay in Seattle at the Four Seasons. The service is typical Four Seasons, always there when you need them, with few flaws. The only complaint is the shower water pressure. I felt it was low, but my partner thought it was perfect. The bathroom is huge, with one of the deepest tubs I've ever seen in a hotel. The bathroom mirror has a television built into it. Great idea! Lights are on dimmers in every room. The view of Puget Sound was perfect. The front desk staff addressed me by name every time I passed the desk, and always with a smile. The business center was spotlessly clean, and offered new computers and printers. We did not eat at ART, but would like to next time. The hotel location could not have been better.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was the 1st time my husband and I stayed at a Four Seasons. We were in town for the RNR marathon & they had a good deal going on - stay two nights, get one more free. We had a great time. The room was nice, but it wasn't cleaned until 4pm one day, which was a little late for us. Very close to Pike Place & the Art Museum. The experience made us want to visit more Four Season hotels!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

We just arrived back from a wonderful trip to Seattle at the Four Seasons, it is a beautiful hotel with a perfect location as we walked everywhere. The weather was in the 70s, no humidity and sunny everyday. We went for a romantic getaway, one night we took a cab to Canlis which I highly recommend for a special occasion dinner, it was exquisite. The staff at the Four Seasons is very warm and it has a very modern lobby, a beautiful fire place and they make you feel special as a guest and welcome you back. The bedding was lovely and the bathroom was amazing, they had a built in plasma in the bathroom mirror which was a really fun way to watch the news in the morning with a lovely soaking tub. We had a partial water view and I agree the views are a bit industrial, but besides that minor comment we loved the hotel. We took advantage of their special offer for three nights and they were very accommodating to let us check in early and two hours late. When we checked in they gave us a coupon for $25 off the spa for each of us, so we used the spa, which is lovely and get a couples massage for no extra cost, although the view was very industrial from the massage room, but besides that we really enjoyed it. They offer a beautiful relaxation room with tea, snacks and water. We took a water plane to Victoria for a day trip and I would highly recommend that experience spectacular views and it is a beautiful city!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Kailua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Unfortunately, I can't say that the FS Seattle exceeded my expectations. I was hoping they would, given it's a Four Seasons, but a couple of glitches in service surprised me and not in a good way. But please don't get me wrong, we still enjoyed our stay even with the little hiccups.
Even before our stay, we emailed the hotel with our airline arrival and departure information so that we could get help booking airport transfers. It's a good thing I looked closely at the confirmation; the departure information was wrong, and it took several emails with their concierge staff to finally get all the correct information in writing. I did double-check my original email to them to make sure I hadn't given them wrong info, and sure enough, it was their error. To their credit, the limo service they made arrangements with was excellent.
Another thing that surprised me was that after a full day out and about, we returned about 3pm to find that our room had not been serviced. Having worked in hotels, I realized that that's about the time that most of the housekeeping staff finishes for the day. We called housekeeping to inquire to see if someone would be coming to the room and to NOT have them come, since we were back in the room and wanting to rest. Well, I guess that's not what they do, since after talking with the attendant, someone was dispatched to our room to service it anyway, so we had to make a quick exit to the pool to let her do her thing.
On the positive side, the staff are very welcoming and some do actually address you by name (room service) which is a nice touch. Pool attendants and porters were spot-on. We enjoyed the coffee, tea, and croissants in the lobby in the morning, too. The salted caramels from the chocolate shop in the lobby are so yummy. Location: a block from Pike Place Market was very convenient for us. Our room faced the SAM, and was surprisingly quiet, except one night when the duck tours bus/boat returned.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

My husband had a meeting in Seattle so we decided to make it a quick family get-away. This trip was for business and for pleasure combined. A friend from Seattle actually recommended the Four Seasons. The chain has been running some great deals lately; Stay longer package deals (stay 2 nights, get one in Houston/Seattle and several other cities), and we have been taking advantage! We stayed for 3 nights over a holiday weekend. So lucky to have PERFECT weather in Seattle and to take in all the great things the city has to offer. Walked and walked. Cant' think of a hotel with a better location to Pike's, etc! Very easy to get anywhere from the Four Seasons.
For my taste, the decor was very comfortable, very lovely and soothing. Bathrooms were wonderfully big! They really treat families well, here - at all FS. Delivering pop corn and sodas and fresh made cookies upon check-in. Superb FS service: Late room service (although it did take a LONG time and one of my daughters feel asleep waiting for dinner to arrive) was very helpful to us. Housekeeping even located a lost earring for one of my daughters.
The work out facility is really one of the better hotel fitness rooms I have used with the treadmills facing large windows with pool and water views. The pool deck was a nice surprise, got a little crowded on the warm, sunny days. Nice Spa and fire pit, also. The one downside I can think of is the staff could not seem to supply consistent information on whether food could be served pool side- it never was while we were there. The in house restaurant was OK - Four Seasons pricey, very pretty. Oh, and we got an 8am wake-up call one morning we did not request. Thank goodness it wasn't 5am! Staff was apologetic.
All in all, the pluses far out weighed the minimal minuses in my opinion and I would not hesitate to stay at the FS if I return to Seattle.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!