“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 95 hotels in Seattle
New York City, New York
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed a few nights in the best room we have ever had, anywhere! The views were just incrediblel from room 702. The pool service was excellent, just like every Four Seasons. The location was perfect for exploring Pike Place Market and walking over to Century Link field to see a game. We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Puget Sound!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My 18 year old son and I spent 2 days at the Four Seasons Seattle earlier this week on vacation. Beautiful contemporary hotel with a Pacific Northwest flair. It has a great location - overlooking Puget Sound and just 2 blocks from Pike Place Market. Most tourist destinations were an easy walk from there. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are pretty sleek. I really felt special there. The staff found out that my son was celebrating his high school graduation and surprised him with a towering amenity congratulating him on his feat, complete with the insignia of the university he will be attending in the Fall. He was blown away. Me too.

Room Tip: Head to the pool about 30 - 60 minutes before sundown. It is outdoors and overlooks the Puget Sound...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I recently ended our week stay in the pacific northwest with a 2 night stay at the Four Seasons Seattle.Overall, our stay was wonderful, and we would stay at the FS Seattle again without hesitation.

First, let me address the things the hotel could improve:

Poor reception: We arrived at the hotel valet area and were greeted by one of the valet men. The gentlemen wasn't very welcoming and my wife and I felt like we were being pushed out of the way so he could get our car moved and on to the next one. We went inside to check in early (our room was not available yet), and when we came back out, the valet had left all of the doors to the car open for everyone to see our valuables. This was a security concern for us.

Coffee: Why is it so hard to get a cup of coffee in the hotel? Both mornings I went downstairs to get coffee, but by early-mid-morning it moved from the reception area to the fitness club/pool. First of all, this is an inconvenience because I can't imagine many people are going to work out with their coffee. Secondly, most travelers prefer coffee while they are coming or going, and it should be located in a central place. Lastly, the coffee was either out every time I went (which means it was infrequently replenished) and one time there was no milk/cream available.

Service at the Pool: We were fortunate to be in Seattle on a nice weekend day and the pool was busy. There were 3 people working the area, yet we could hardly get anyone's attention to order a drink, get a glass of water or order food. Anytime I needed something I had to continually try to waive someone down. We have stayed at numerous FS hotels and have not had this issue.

Bed: The bed had a huge lump in it, so I didn't get a good night sleep as I was forced to sleep at an uncomfortable angle.

What did the FS do well?

Concierge was awesome. Justin was extremely helpful in recommending itineraries for our stay. We discussed day trips to Bainbridge Island, West Seattle and a slew of other options. My wife and I left to walk around town and when we came back, Justin had printed off materials and delivered to our room for our review. Even more spectacular, he said if we got lost in the city, give him a call and he would come find us. We've never had someone offer to go out of their way like that! Fortunately, we didn't get lost.

Central location: The hotel could not be in a better location for a visit to Seattle. Located adjacent to Pike's place, it is a stone's throw from one of Seattle's main attractions. It's also a short walk down the steps to the waterfront, walking distance to the baseball/football, stadium, Seattle Art Museum, 5th avenue and many other attractions.

Turn down service: We loved having a bottle of water at our bedside each night, slippers, towel refresh and a cleaning cloth for our sunglasses.

Gym: Very nice equipment and I loved working out with views of the sound.

Spa Facilities: We had a red-eye flight and although we had to check out, we were able to make use of the spa facility to freshen up in the evening before we departed for the airport. The spa facilities were wonderful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
What wonderful feedback on your stay with us...thank you so much for taking the time.
I appreciate the kind comments about Justin(we are lucky to have him), the location, turndown service and the Spa.
I appreciate you letting me know about each of the areas which could be improved. I apologize for the service not being exceptional.
I am so pleased you would return. With your feedback our team will work to earn high praise from you on your next visit.
Warm regards,
Ilse Harley
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a great business hotel. It is centrally located in downtown Seattle. It is quite new. The rooms are very well appointed in a subtle pallet, very relaxing with exceptionally good beds. Room service is excellent. They will make a great plate of steamed vegetables. The staff are accommodating and friendly. I usually arrive late and leave early and am very thankful for such a restful overnight stay.

Room Tip: I like rooms on the side of the hotel above the entrance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel quite some time ago; I'm currently 18 and I visited when I was 11. Needless to say, the hotel room I stayed in was amazing. Despite the years that have passed, I can still remember with extreme clarity everything; from the niceness of the hotel room, to our very warm welcome (they left me and my brother two chocolate chip M&M cookies waiting at the desk in our room). I had a great time there, and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

(Full disclosure: I'm a writer for Samkip Family Hotel Guides.)

The Four Seasons has a long list of great attributes. Large rooms and huge suites, a wonderful outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, great gym, top notch spa, and 5 star restaurant. The location is great too. Steps from Pike Place Market and an easy walk down some steps (ok, lots of steps) to the waterfront, Seattle Aquarium, and ferry terminal. This is one of my 2 favorite hotels for kids in Seattle (The Westin being the other which has a slightly larger indoor pool).

We were in a Deluxe Bay View Room which had 2 single beds and a queen which is perfect for a family of 4. The front desk has video game consoles, books, and more fun stuff for kids. The children loved the tv in the bathroom mirror and the kid-sized robes for going to the pool.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are worth the added expense.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Overall, this hotel is very well appointed, clean and the staff is on point and very friendly.
Love the Art Lounge. Light fare food is very good there.
Beds are very comfy. Great TV's.
Outdoor pool area very nice and extremely well maintained.
Rooms are very quiet...but while you cannot hear your neighbor, you can certainly hear the traffic outside and the steam company below the hotel.
Room service took 40 minutes for toast and coffee. The room service carts were very dirty (inside and out) on both days.
We stayed in a suite. For $700 per night we wished there was a separate water closet as the bathroom's toilet, while it has a glass door, is not self-contained and offers no privacy.
Makeup mirror does not light up, as it is just a simple mirror on a stand. And if you want privacy while in the bathroom (see below), you have to shut the rolling blinds making the room very dark and non-conducive to applying makeup.
While eating breakfast, we noticed an individual looking straight into our room from the next building. You have to keep the curtains drawn at all times to avoid peepers.
Massages were just okay. Wished the room was kept darker during the massages as the window had no coverings and it was light outside. Men's steam room was broken.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks you for your detailed notes.
I will pass on your praise on ART Restaurant and the staff.
I truly appreciate your observations about the water closet, make up mirror and privacy issues....all very helpful.
Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.
Ilse Harley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!