“THE place to stay in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Union Street, Seattle, WA (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
portland, oregon
“THE place to stay in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My son and I just celebrated his graduation from College with a 3 night visit to the Four Seasons Seattle. It was the perfect visit. I have been a frequent visitor to Seattle since the early 1980s-we don't have major league baseball or football in Portland-so it's a great excuse to regularly visit the Emerald City. We used to love the original Four Seasons Olympic but we sadly watched it founder and become a shadow of its former self under the Fairmount management team that took over-it is simply not in the same league. The Inn at the Market has very limited services and the Pan Pacific has a mediocre location.

The Seattle Four Seasons is the epitome of what a great hotel should be. A stay there makes you feel respected and honored and makes you feel great about yourself. What more could one ask for in a hotel? From the check in through the bags being brought to your room (all of 10 minutes from start to end) you recognize you've found the right spot. The Four Seasons must have a rigorous hiring program because it hires the smartest, most able people who all have wonderful people skills. No doubt training helps, but to a person, Doorman, bellhop, housekeeping, pool and health club attendants, room service personnel, the staff in the bar and restaurant-they are all winners.

The rooms are understated and lovely. The location cannot be beat. You are one block away from the Market. You can walk to Safeco Field. There are many great restaurants within a few blocks of the property. The general manager, Ilse Harley, is a charming woman who genuinely cares about her guests and her property, and it shows.

We stayed in a double bedded bay view room and it was comfortable and gorgeous with all of the amenities. We loved the view. We ate and drank in the beautiful bar and were charmed by the staff. The swimming pool-which requires swimming one lap hard to realize it is just the right temperature is great. The very well equipped fitness center is lovely.

I cannot recommend any property with any greater enthusiasm. I'm hooked and I will return every time I come back to Seattle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
What a thoughtful and wonderful review.
We are honored that you chose Four Seasons Hotel Seattle to celebrate such an important occasion.
All the comments about the property are wonderful, but it is the positive impression of our staff that is most meaningful.
Thank you again so much and we cannot wait to welcome you back again and again!
Warmest regards,
Ilse Harley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

An unexpected stay, I was so happy they had room for me. The room overlooked the harbor and was an oasis of calm. I took a bubble bath in the giant tub and ordered room service that arrived to the minute of their estimate. Four Seasons are expensive but they never disappoint.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff are attentive to your needs and very friendly. Service is what you always wished service would be. The location is very convenient for the downtown area. Rooms are larger than the usual.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

very nice hotel, staff are very friendly, it has an awesome location, in the heart of downtown seattle, very close to the old market.
hotel is not very big, but is very convenient. the rooms are very spacious, and it has all what you could desire.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SF Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days on a business trip. I brought my kids with me as well.
The service was amazing, and my children (10 & 20) who were left to their own devices for touring Seattle while I worked were treated so well.
Booked a meeting in their 2nd floor meeting room. Great IT service, food was excellent. Ordered room service a couple times and had drinks in the lounge. All were excellent. The pool and gym facilities were very nice and the location, one block from Pikes Market was excellent.
Mom's favorite thing about this hotel? An enormous bathtub. Yep. Easy to please.
Wonderful for work or a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed May 2013
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding and had an incredible stay. From the doormen, concierge, to the employees at the fitness centre/pool, everyone always smiled and greeted us.

We booked a regular room but was surprised to see how large it was! We couldn't find any coffeemaker in the room but later learned that there's complimentary coffee downstairs by the reception and also by the fitness centre every morning.

Best service was from the doormen/valet folks. They knew where I needed to go and always offered a bottled water before leaving. Overall an a great stay!

Location was perfect! It's right smack in the center of downtown near Pike Place and the original Starbucks.

The only 'con' I can think of is wishing all my relatives staying at the hotel were on the same floor (we were all over the place; some on 3rd floor, some on 10th, 8th, and 6th, etc.) My room was one of those "connecting rooms" but the people staying next to us weren't guests of the wedding (wedding was held at the Four Seasons.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed with my husband for 3 nights and we were very impressed with every staff member we dealt with, from concierge, room service, doormen, and housekeeping. It was nice getting a bottle of water each, every night so you didn't have to break open the in-room bar when you forgot to stock up at the store. We walked EVERYwhere. We had a rental car, but it just sat in the valets parking all 3 days. The ferry terminal is a very short walk, making island hopping a breeze. On the map, Safeco Field looks far, but it was an easy 15-20 minute walk down 1st Ave. Same distance walk to the Space Needle and Experience Music Project in the other direction. I highly recommend walking down to Pine St. and eating breakfast at Bacco. We ate their for breakfast the other 2 mornings. We got room service breakfast one morning and my omelet was very bland, kind of watery and they forgot to add the cheese (my favorite part). The coffee was excellent and so were the hashbrowns, but not worth the price.

We reserved a city view king room and were surprised to get a partial view room of Puget Sound and the mountains. We definitely didn't need anything bigger, so I'm glad we didn't opt to upgrade. The rooms are huge and the bathroom's very luxurious (tv built into mirror, enormous tub and rain shower. The blow dryer was legit - not one of those tiny ones that takes forever to dry your hair. Housekeeping did a phenomenal job! My husband used the spa for a massage and had a great experience. I got a pedicure and manicure and the service was wonderful, but if you're looking forward to the "massage" part of both, you'll be pretty disappointed, as there wasn't much of that and my feet were pounding from walking all day. Overall, we had an awesome experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our employees.
I am sorry that your omelette was not prepared as ordered-I hope we were able to remake it for you.
I have also passed on your comments about the pedicure to our Spa Director, thank you so much.
I am so glad you enjoyed your time in Seattle and at the hotel.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Ilse Harley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!