“Business Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles, California
“Business Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel as easy to get in and out of the hotel, if you're driving. It is a great location for work, entertainment and seeing the sights of Seattle. They also have a quality fitness center and heated pool with an amazing view of the sound.

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The whole staff at the hotel was friendly did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable. Lucky one morning where the sun was out and could see the Cascades over Puget Sound. Everything about the room was first rate and the location can not be beat. As close to Pike's Market as you can get and to the waterfront. The bar was a great place to meet after the meetings to wind down a bit before going out for dinner. All in all a great hotel, staff and location for downtown Seattle.

Room Tip: Want a view - ask for rooms overlooking Puget Sound.
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I recently stayed for business at this nearly new Hotel in Seattle, very near the bussling Pike Street Experience. From the first glimpse of the Lobby, it was beatiful. The room was large, roomy with two luggage racks so I did not have to put my luggage on the floor to access my travels things. The shower was big enough for a croud, the shower head, gave a great shower option,depending on my mood. I was able to get a coffee maker in my room, and that first cup of coffee was not delayed while i got ready. I have never experienced a TV in the mirror of the master bathroom, what a surprise; but could get news without turning the TV up in the bedroom.
My experience was awesome, and I will stay again when in Seattle.

Room Tip: I loved the 8th floor , with a great view of the city!!
portland, or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in Seattle during a business trip. The hotel was clean and decorated nicely. The lobby bar offered a relaxing spot after hours on the road. The Manager went above and beyond to recommend a wonderful restaurant within walking distance. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have been to Seattle three times in as many months and each time stayed at the 4S. The hotel is in a good location down town and the bar/restaurant and gym have fabulous views looking out over the bay. The 4S staff are super helpful as ever and will even order you a packed lunch for your flight home if you ask them (the sushi restaurant across the road is excellent). The food at the restaurant is excellent and the bar does good snacks and has an interesting array of local beers. There is a gym on the fourth floor which has amazing views across the bay as the sun comes up in the morning - more than adequate size and equipment. The rooms I have been in are all up to scratch, three sides of hotel there are no views but you cannot have everything. All in all, I would happily go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay.
The best compliment our staff can receive is that a guest wants to return to repeat an experience.
We appreciate that you have already stayed with us three times and look forward to your fourth!
Warm regards,
Ilse Harley
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good hotel in Seattle. Very average. I gave it 4/5 because the staff were super friendly. Everything I requested was promptly brought to me and I enjoyed the services the hotel had to offer. The room felt a bit out dated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Four Seasons, and I admittedly had high expectations. This property managed to disappoint in almost every possible way. The rooms were disappointing, the service was disappointing, and the overall facility was disappointing. The one aspect of our stay which was exceptional was the restaurant and the service there.

We stayed here for 1 night en route to Vancouver for my husband's 30th birthday. We pulled into the hotel and then decided we wanted to grab lunch before checking in so we drove right out. We then changed our minds and decided we'd just eat at the hotel, so we made a quick loop and came right back. Yes, this must have looked a bit silly, but it happens. When we got out of the car and gave the keys to the valet he said 'welcome back' with a smirk on his face. Completely unnecessary and not what I'd expect at a Four Seasons.

Next, check-in. The lady who checked us in informed us that we'd been given an upgrade to a 'partial bay-view room' and then proceeded to try to upsell us to a suite. I couldn't believe the attempted upsell. It's completely unacceptable, particularly if (as in my case) the trip is a present to celebrate a special occasion. You shouldn't be making your guests feel cheap in front of their guests for turning down an upgrade.

The room itself was fine. Nothing fantastic in any way. As for the 'partial view'? If you stood right up against the window and craned your neck, you could see the water. What we did have a great view of was the pool and jacuzzi from above. Looking down at it, the jacuzzi was surrounded by ugly brown rust stains. Again, could not believe this from a Four Seasons. We had brought bathing suits, but after seeing that, we decided to give it a skip.

When making the reservation, I had been informed that the hotel car was available to take guests to destinations within a 2 mile radius. We had dinner plans in Capitol Hill so tried to get the car to drop us off. I was rudely informed that the restaurant (which was 1.7 miles from the hotel) did not come within the 1.5 mile radius and therefore we should take a taxi. Clearly anyone staying at the Four Seasons is perfectly capable of taking a taxi, but the rudeness was completely unnecessary.

Lastly, the common areas of this hotel are just completely underwhelming. I've stayed at a number of Seattle hotels (Andra, W), and I've found them all to be much more inviting. The W in particular seemed to me to be superior to the Four Seasons in every way (price included!)

As I mentioned previously, the one thing that really stood out about this property was the restaurant and the service in it. Both the food and the service were truly exceptional.

Following our stay at the Four Seasons, we drove up to Vancouver where we stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. That was an incredible stay -The Seattle Four Seasons should take a page or two out of their training manual.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. I have shared your positive comments about ART Restaurant and Lounge with our employees.
I am sorry that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. I spoke with the employee from Guest Services about your arrival and he truly meant to make you laugh. He felt bad that you did not think it was funny and that you thought he was being disrespectful.
I apologize as well if you were offended that the Receptionist offered you a discounted rate on a Suite. We usually find that people celebrating something special enjoy at least knowing what other options are available at time of check in.
While I wish you loved your stay with us, I am truly grateful that you have taken the time to tell us where you felt the hotel fell short of your expectations.
Ilse Harley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!