“Consistent Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
London, United Kingdom
“Consistent Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The view over the sea is spectacular and the hotel is an oasis of excellent service and comfort. The room I stayed in was clean, spacious and equipped with everything I needed. Luxurious bathrooms, plenty of desk space for working and a bed that was not too soft. ART restaurant was beautifully laid out and the staff attentive but not annoying. I went for beef and a big red wine and was not disappointed. The salad was fresh and crisp and the overall experience was relaxing and satisfying. A definite rebooking for my next trip. Absolutely perfect in all respects.

Room Tip: The sea view room is the best view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
For you to say that your stay was "absolutely perfect in all respects" speaks volumes to our team of employees.
Please come back for another visit in the near future.
Ilse Harley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm a Huge Four Seasons fan & stay at their hotels often- I recently stayed at The Four Seasons in Seattle last week & it was such an amazing experience & one of the finest hotels in the world! I arrived & was warmly greeted by a young doorman who took my last name, thanked me for choosing the hotel, asked why I was in the city & told the front desk agent my last name- awesome start! Sophia at Reception very graciously welcomed me to the hotel & gave a perfect flawless check-in! She was personable, very kind & a pleasure to speak with- thanks Sophia!- you are amazing! She also walked to to the elevator & presented my key card- nice touch!

My room (#721) was outstanding!! The view was so amazing- to wake up & gaze over mountains, water, the industrial waterfront, the stunning clouds, the birds flying by occasionally, & Puget sound is truly special & dream worthy! I loved my view so much:) I was in a Deluxe Bay View category- my room was quite spacious, had a lovely oval partners desk with a very modern, yet comfy chair, an amazing chaise lounge that was so comfortable, a large flat screen TV with solid reception, the most incredible bed I have ever slept on with cool, clean, fresh & spectacular sheets/pillows, a glorious bathroom with an amazing deep soaking tub, amazing rain shower, separate WC, a cool modern sink, great smelling L'Occitane toiletries & was probably one of the most quiet rooms I have ever had- I heard nothing my entire stay which was so peaceful!

The mini-bar area was lovely with plenty of space & the soothing, warm & modern colors in the room were perfect- very Pacific Northwest, but the entire property has this vibe which I absolutely love. This is another why I love Four Seasons as a company so much- their hotels are very soothing, discreet & slightly under the radar- the hotel has a very discreet side entrance & blends in very well with the surrounding area. The lobby is also beautiful with a stunning warm Fireplace, modern art, Pacific NW tones & is very sleek. I also love the Front Desk counter- very sleek & cool marble slabs.

The pool area on the 4th floor is simply stunning with amazing views & an Infinity edge pool with plenty of space to lounge & enjoy the views! The Food I had from Room Service was really delicious & truly a highlight of my stay. I often order In Room Dining when traveling, so having good room service food is extremely important to me & this property excels at it! Everything I ordered from super Breakfast items like perfectly cooked eggs, delicious hashbrowns made with a little bit of sweet potato, to a delicious Cheesecake & perfect Caesar Salad & outstanding Crab Cakes was awesome!! Everyone who delivered my meals was super kind, professional & arranged my table perfectly with stunning presentation! So many details that made dining a real pleasure!

However, the level of Service I received at the hotel was amazing! Everyone I came in contact with was utterly professional, warm, kind, sincere & pure Four Seasons~ Joel in Room Service was always so friendly over the phone & Erin at the Front Desk was great! These amazing people all know how to perform their jobs very well & really excel at being the best! This is why Four Seasons is always my # 1 choice- you just cant beat their level of service & Seattle is doing everything perfectly!! There is no other choice in Seattle at the Luxury Level- to be honest, this is the Finest hotel in Seattle! I just really loved my stay & still in a daze over my stay- it was utterly perfect & I can't wait to return soon!

Thanks for an amazing stay!

Best,
Patrick Winkler
New York, NY

Room Tip: Book a Water view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Patrick,
Thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful review. I will happily share your comments with our entire team highlighting the specific employees you have mentioned.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Emerald City and Four Seasons Hotel Seattle in the near future.
Warm regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay in when staying in Seattle. Amazing rooms, service and location beside pike place market and the water. Four seasons experience, often at much lower prices than could be found in other cities.

• Stayed January 2013
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Second stay at the Four Seasons in Seattle, nice location, close to the Pike Place Market, great breakfast serving buttermilk pancakes with fresh lemon custard and fresh strawberries, not to be missed.
The Doorman is the highlight of this Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Porter Ranch, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Hands down the best location in seattle. One block away from pikes market place and one block away from seattle art museum. Building was very modern and hip. The rooms were well appointed and furnished. Loved the tv in the mirror of the bathroom and the shower was amazing.

Cons: the view is disappointing as they have this big factory / machinery that sits right in front of the bay view. In seattle, that can be called art. To me, it's a mess, although its not really four seasons fault but a con nonetheless.
Only one restaurant in the building, which is a bit disappointing, especially when that restaurant is sold out for a private event on a Saturday night. You're stuck with room service or venturing out.
The infinity pool was nice, but was rather small. Although I don't see much use when sun is almost a myth in this city. The water was nicely warmed, however. But no takers when the temp is hovering around 40-50 F.
Lastly, I found the service lacking in the wow factor. Everyone seems to be just going through the motion. Nothing really stood out. On one negative side, the bell hop who gave us rise around the town on two occasion could really learn to keep his temper down. He was really slamming down in the horns for other vehicle. It startled me and my wife on few occasions.

Conclusion: if I had to visit seattle again, I wouldn't mind coming back to four seasons, but it wouldn't be my only choice.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your opinion about the location, we too love that it is so convenient to everything!
I am very disappointed that you did not feel our service was a wow. Our team strives to make every interraction special and memorable for our guests. I apologize we fell short in this area during your stay.
If you would like to share any specific circumstances, I would truly appreciate it.
My direct line is 206-749-7001
Thank you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Lovely room, great amenities. Loved the TV in the bathroom mirror! Nice shampoo, conditoner etc. Great shower with rain shower head and hand held shower head. Great location a short walk from the market. Had lots of great service from the concierges.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here and will be back. The staff is friendly, professional and smile, something alot of people don't do anymore. They engage in conversation after waiting to see if you want to talk. Upon checking out very very early, I was offered a muffin and cup of coffee for my taxi rise to the airport, kudos.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for commenting on your stay. Providing intuitive service is our goal but is not always the easiest to achieve, so thank you so much for indicating that we were successful.
I look forward to welcoming you back again and again.
Warm regards,
Ilse Harley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!