“Good Business Hotel in Seattle” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Union Street, Seattle, WA (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Portland, Oregon
“Good Business Hotel in Seattle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Not my favorite Four Seasons, but still a nice hotel in Seattle. Good location, pretty nice rooms and decent food. The service at Four Seasons Seattle is not up to the standard set by most Four Seasons hotels, but it wasn't terrible. The decor is pretty sterile and the hallways have an office building feel. Definitely more of a business hotel.

The lobby bar is really nice, with good food, drinks and a great view.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights. The rooms are just great. Super bed, super washroom, spacious, great location, excellent staff. Got great help from the conciergerie for tours. Breakfast were nice. Nothing but great reviews on my side (and i'm difficult! :)

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Just returned from my stay at the Four Seasons Seattle. I have read many reviews regarding this property, and was initially making a decision on staying at "Four Seasons" or "Inn at the Market". The hotel decor is a little more "northwestern rustic" then traditional Four Season Hotels, but still I found everything very luxurious and comfortable. I would say after staying in this hotel, and viewing the Inn, Four Seasons Wins Hands Down. Great location, Outstanding coustomer service by concierge, front desk staff, and restaurant staff. They seem to do the little things very well;
-loner umbrellas
-take shopping bags to room
-boarding passes ready upon checkout without asking (flight info at check in)
-sports drink in workout room.
-remembering your name
Only negative was encounter with doorman regarding use of house car. He seemed to feel that the location of the restaurant we were going to was outside of the 2mile radius stated as the trip limit, but did not check. It was actually within the radius (1.6 mile). I was also told that the car would not be back for 15 minute anyway, yet walked outside to see someone else getting in the car. Though this may seem minor, when you are in a different city, without glasses, & raining, it was a bother. Everyone can make a mistake, but dang, apologize instead of taking a confrontational position. An apology was given the next day (it was relayed to me that the incident was in a evening report), but I felt that, Amanda, the nightime manager at the time was useless.
I will not hesitate however to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about your experience. I am particularly concerned about the interaction you had with our team regarding our house car. I apologize that the experience did not match the others you had at the hotel.
Thank you so much for sharing your sentiments and also letting me know that you would still return as a guest to the hotel- it is truly appreciated.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle. Our aim on your next visit-is for a flawless experience!
Warmest regards,
Ilse Harley
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed a the property on business and loved the hotel but some of the staff were very rude to me. I reported an issue with the television service and was confroted by the Chief Engineer Jeff (I think), who told me that I didn't know what I was doing. Jeff was very rude to me and my wife. I dont' think I was rude to him but then again I am the customer right?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for commenting about your stay.
I am appalled that a staff member would be anything less than gracious and accomodating.
If it is convenient, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about the interaction.
My Direct Line is 206-749-7001.
Thank you in advance.
Ilse Harley
Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here with my husband for part of a 5 day getaway to Seattle. Upon arrival the service from the doormen to check-in was excellent. Very welcoming and not too formal. Our room was quietly luxorious. Just a beautiful and comfortable room to relax.

As others have stated the location just can't be beat. So close to the market and lots of terrific restaurants. Art is a nice place to have a drink with friendly bartenders. I asked doorman for a recommendation for a place close by to get a drink and he recommended the ZigZag, which we had been to before and loved, so I knew I could trust him not to send us to an overly touristy place. I would definately put this at the top of my Seattle hotel list.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
new westminster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for only 2 nights after our 2-days trip in bellevue and we loved to come back soon.

like-
-rooms are fabulous, new, crisp, and clean
-bathrooms are modern, and spa like
-Affinity pool with a hot tub and a gas fire pit
-friendly and helpful staffs
-Complimentary standard wired and wireless high-speed Internet access
-Mini refrigerator, microwave, kettle and coffee maker on request
-Humidifier and air purifier on request
-Complimentary in-room safe
-All-news cable network
-Good location next to art museum and pike market.
-ocean views are incredible and the gym is spotless
-restaurant in the hotel

dislike-
-no daily (only twice-daily) housekeeping service
-Walls are thin-can hear people in the hall or next room talking

We will be back soon iof travel in downtown area...yes it's pricy, but worth it.

Room Tip: bay view room and away from the street