“Best Hotel in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Bellevue, Washington
“Best Hotel in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had an ideal stay at the Four Seasons Seattle. It is centrally located to waterfront, downtown shopping and Pikes Place Market. The hotel restaurant is top notch and the roof top pool has incredible views. Our room was impeccable with sweeping views of the Puget Sound. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Spring for the view rooms. It costs a bit more but they are definitely worth it. The city view rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We could not ask for anything more than "Best Hotel in Seattle! Thank you so much.
Please come back again soon!
Warm regards,
Ilse Harley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were visiting friends so we didn't spend a huge amount of time in the hotel but to sleep, use the gym, and have breakfast but it was a nice stay. The staff were all very nice and efficient. Our flight got in close to midnight so it was nice that the front desk was very efficient and had us in our room very quickly. We were on the 10th floor so we had a nice view of Puget Sound.

We had breakfast at Art twice and the food and service were excellent. The staff at the door were also very helpful and friendly. They also have a nice gym with a nice view. I hoped to make use of the spa but they are closed on Mondays.

The location is great, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market and many restaurants. Also, its across the street the Seattle Art Museum.

The rooms are okay, very minimalist which I'm not used to from Four Seasons. The beds are nice and comfortable although I thought the sheets and towels were a little rough. I don't have any complaints but it did feel like I was staying at a Marriott rather than Four Seasons.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for commenting about your stay. I have shared your kind words with our staff.
Thank you for bringing the issue of your sheets and towels to our attention. They should be super soft always -and I am so sorry that was not the case during your visit.
I hope you consider a return visit in the not too distant future. Our goal is to not only meet your expectation of what a Four Seasons stay is, but to exceed it.
Warm regards,
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Location is great and the beds are very comfortable, as expected for a 4 seasons. Checking in, they originally placed our two rooms 4 floors apart but eventually we asked for and received rooms on the same floor. 2 free internet passes for devices is nice although slow, outdoor hottub was great. Views are decent except for the smokestack right in front. Had to dispute a couple of charges that should've been automatically removed from the bill due to our rate plan, an annoyance I feel we shouldn't have to deal with given the price. Breakfast was decent.

Side note - Wild Ginger a couple of streets up Union had some of the best Asian food I've ever had in the States, and I spend a lot of time in SE Asia.

Room Tip: A 5th floor room facing the bay directly overlooks the 4th floor pool - as in you will never want to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for detailing your stay for us. I have shared your kind comments.
I apologize that the room assignment was not correct upon your arrival and that you had a challenge with the accuracy of your billing.
I do hope you would consider staying with us again and we will strive to earn top marks on your next review.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

3 night stay with family (2 adults + 2 kids) - we wanted to be near Pike Place and centrally located which it is. Concierge did great job booking our whale watching flights and boat. All round great experience. We got exactly what we needed - a pool for our boys (6 and 7) - great room - great service and great food.

Room Tip: We took a room with a partial view of the bay - it didn't face the Bay at all but we could still...
Bellingham WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We don't live very far away from Seattle and go there several times a year for performances, events, shopping, medical appointments and the like. This was our first stay at the Four Seasons, and we can't believe we haven't stayed there before. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay there this week and anticipate our next opportunity.

We had a water view room on the 9th floor. We normally prefer rooms with windows that open so as to better control our environment, however, we found the ventilation system to be wonderfully responsive and were quite comfortable day and night. The room was very quiet. We heard no hallway noise. One was aware of the background traffic noise from the nearby elevated highway, but it was not obtrusive, and we slept like babies, The room was spacious and well appointed, with plenty of closet space, drawers, and storage for a longer stay. The bathroom was very large with a choice of hand held, conventional, or rain shower. The housekeeping was impeccable and when we requested something, the response was immediate.

We had lunch in the Art restaurant which was well prepared, artfully arranged, and very tasty. We dined out that night and had a pleasant walk back to the hotel about 10pm, It was a beautiful evening, there was still activity in the area, and we felt quite safe. Room service in the morning was delivered exactly when they said it would be and was perfectly prepared.

We could see the pool area from our room, which although small is a delightful space. It is well landscaped with a small pool, nice hot tub, open pit fire with seating, and food/beverage service.

We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your extensive review on your stay. I am delighted you had such a great visit.
The best news for us is that you live close by so I hope to welcome you many more times in the future for a little rest and relaxation near home!
Wicklow, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We have stayed in many Four Seasons hotels because we associate the brand with consistency in the quality of their properties and service. You usually feel safe and secure. If there is a problem you always come away feeling that it has been met to your satisfaction. You are never let down at a Four Seasons.
Not so in Seattle where clearly something has gone wrong.
First, the property itself. It seems that they have moved the hotel from a property which is now the Fairmont. They should have stayed there. It is a much better area than where they are now right in the centre of things, beside Pike Place market. Also the former building is the kind of landmark building you would expect the four Seasons to be in. We had a streetview room and the soundproofing was terrible. So we had great difficulty getting a full nights sleep with the trafic and also the noise of the revellers outside. The swimming pool is tiny and really not of any use with more than ten prople using it. (Compare with the Miami property)
It had been over ten years since I last visited Seattle and clearly there is a crime problem. During our 4 days I saw 3 drug deals being done within a few blocks of the hotel in mid afternoon. Also we were there for the "Hemp Festival" and that night walking back to the hotel after dinner we had to negotiate through an obstacle course of spaced out individuals falling over and wandering into our path. Our children were very afraid of all this. There was no police presence that we could see. We expected that perhaps the hotel would have some security to deal with all this. When we arrived at the hotel at about 10:00PM there was absolutely no one at the door monitoring those coming in or out. No visible security presence. Also unlike other 4 Seasons, anyone without a room key could gain access to the bedroom floors without being challenged either by having to insert the Key to activate the elevator or personally. The only challenge might be the friendly nod from the one person behind reception.

The Room was fine but did not have the normal luxury you would associate with Four Seasons. The night we arrived after a long drive I called room service to get a pot of tea for two. There was no answer from room service. I waited a few minutes and called again. Still, no answer.
I then called the front desk and asked them to relay an order for tea to the room service and I was told that a pot of tea would take 30 minutes at a minimum. I'm glad I was not ordering anything more than a drink that involves merely pouring boiling water over some tea leaves. Shortly after I recieved a call from room Service asking did I want to place the order (clearly the front desk did not place the order but just told room service to call me back). When I repeated the order, I was told it would only take 15 minutes and that reception should not have mentioned the 30 minutes as they don't know what they are talking about. - The tea arrived 25 minutes later which was near enough to 30 minutes after I originally tried to place an order.

There was no information book in the room about the services. There was a loose leaf room service menu and a menu for the spa. We also later found a leaflet about the wi fi hidden in a drawer. However, no sign of any book with all the information together in one place about the hotel and its services.

Ther was no lock on the toilet door so there was no privacy there.

The most extraordinary part of our experience was a meal we had on the last night of the stay. Because our children were nervous (as were we) about walking the streets near the hotel at night we decided to have a meal in the onsite restaurant ART. I must say, this was a beautiful meal from the beginning and the food and service were superb. However we were shocked by the Desert Menu. One of the menu items (an ice cream flavour) was called "Irish Carbomb"
Clearly it is in the utmost of bad taste to name anything after such a destructive device which is used in killings every day all over the world. As an Irish person it was doubly insulting and repugnant to name it so when it refers to something which is such a terrible memory for many Irish and UK people. Hundreds of Irish and English citizens were killed by these devices during the troubles in northern Ireland and for a Four Seasons restaurant to try and be clever and use this name is certainly not becoming of the Four Seasons brand.
We did not complain to our waitress because she was excellent and it was clearly not her fault. I complained to the assistant manager on duty and in fairness I think he was shocked and agreed that it should not been on the menu. He was totally unaware of the menu item. He said he would look into it. We have heard no more since.No written explanation, apology from the hotel management other than the immediate apology from the man i complained to - nothing.
This is not what I expect from the Four Seasons Brand.

The day we had dinner in Art, there were 8 people killed in a carbomb in Turkey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay.
I am terribly disappointed that your stay was not a good one.
First and foremost, I want to apologize for offending you with the name of the ice cream. Our team named the ice cream after the classic cocktail of the same name. All three ingredients of the cocktail are found in the ice cream. It would never be our intention to offend a guest and I am saddened to learn that was the case in this instance. More importantly, I apologize that we did not follow up with you adequately and inform you that we changed the menu.
I am disappointed to learn that you were not fond of the location. Many of our guests find the proximity to Pikes Place Market an extreme advantage. Your concerns about safety in the city are important ones and I will raise them with our local authorities.
I would truly welcome the opportunity to speak with you by telephone about your other service experiences.
I can be reached at your convenience on my direct line at 206-749-7001.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms at the Four Seasons Seattle are lovely with great views of the bay. We also
experienced excellent service. It's the main reason I stay at Four Seasons hotels. This Four Seasons has a wonderful view of the bay and the ferris wheel. Our grandchildren spent
ages looking out the windows at the passing of ships.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the large regular rooms overlooking the bay and ferris wheel. Loved the corner room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words about our service.
Isnt the view of Elliot Bay breathtaking? I too love watching the Ferry Boats cross the sound-so beautiful! We are also enjoying our latest attraction-the Ferris Wheel!
Please visit us again soon.
Ilse Harley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!