“Such a cool property and location!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Union Street, Seattle, WA (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Campbell, California
“Such a cool property and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here in November and it was my first trip to Seattle. I wanted to near the tourist spots and didn't want to rent a car. Well, it was a long day of walking, but I think I managed to see everything on the beaten path. We had brunch both days at Art and one lunch. The food was delicious. The hotel feels very new and modern. Nice bar scene and fireplace.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience at the hotel.
Our entire Food and Beverage team is thrilled that you enjoyed your Brunch experiences in ART Restaurant.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Seattle and the Four Seasons Hotel.
Ilse Harley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Another little home away from home, love this place. A superb consistency flows throughout a Four Seasons hotel, and Seattle's is no exception. Great service, great rooms, great housekeeping, and a great restaurant.

Room Tip: A suite, facing the water is ideal.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons Seattle for three nights in September. We selected the hotel based on Trip Advisor ratings and a "stay for 3 nights pay for 2 nights deal" (we paid $800 plus tax for three nights).

The Pros:
Location - at Union and 1st its in an ideal location, within easy walking distance to Pike Place Market, restuarants and the shopping area along Pine Street
Rooms - our room was spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable
Bathroom - LOVED the bathroom - it was large with a huge soaking tub and tv in the mirror
Staff - couldnt have been nicer or more helpful

The Cons:
Price - not a hotel for the price conscious (which we normally are but I enjoyed the splurge)
Restaurant - we ate in the restaurant one night and it was okay, but overpriced for what it was
Pool area - its nice but much smaller that it looks on their website and its not at the top of the building (as I thought) but on a lower floor nestled between two towers.
View - our room on the 8th floor overlooked 1st Avenue so it wasnt much to write home about

The cons were very minor, and overall I still rate this hotel a solid 5* and would recommend it if cost is not a major factor in your decision.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
GKSeattle, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We hope to see you return to the Four Seasons Hotel on your future visits to Seattle.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I had a very good one night stay here at a hotel that truely fits in the luxury category. (Bill Gates supposedly owns one of the condos above) My room service was interesting and tasty. Everything in the room worked well and was comfortable and I really enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. Of course every little thing is very expensive but that's what you expect at a place like this. The view from the hot tub was great. My room cost $50 more for having a "partial view" of the sound which I took only because it was the last room available in Seattle that night. Please... Don't be silly, there was no view without getting a neck ache. This property offers everything I could think of wanting in a downtown Seattle luxury hotel. Oh yeah, the location is awesome with a great view and right by the Pike Place market and walking distance to everything downtown.

Room Tip: "Partial view" is really non-view. The benefit may be that you are not on 1st avenue with...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here in a corner Elliott Bsy Suite with my husband and my son.
The hotel room was very nicely appointed, but I was not crazy about the color scheme, if I can be picky. The room was very comfortable and well-appointed, and very clean.
One thing that I did not understand was why they didn't put any heating vents in the bathroom. It was a very chilly day in Seattle, and the bathroom was always very cold.
Heated floors would have been a nice touch.
Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
IHarley, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle and your kind comments about the experience your family had with us.
I appreciate your suggestion to warm the floors in the bathroom. Seattle can get chilly and it would be a great idea for us to consider in the future.
I am truly grateful you would recommend our hotel- that is a wonderful compliment to our staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Emerald City in the future.
Chichester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I've statyed at the Four Seasons twice and would have rated it as excellent but on my second stay, when I visited with my wife, I booked a higher priced room which, oddly, wasn't as good as the lower category I'd had the time before.

It was bigger but not really in a useful way - for example the bathtub in the smaller room was positioned so you could watch the very cool 'in mirror' TV whilst you couldn't do this in the larger room.

Also the first room was nice and quiet at the end of a corridor with great views whilst the larger room was near the elevator, and had an adjoining room where the TV was clearly audible from our room - and the view wasn't as good as it had the other two sides of the hotel sticking out and getting in the way (it's sort of a 'C' shape').

Given those factors I didn't feel it was particularly great value.

On the plus side the rooms are nicely furnished, the pool (and gym) have great views, food was excellent in the restaurant and service up to normal Four Seasons standards. Hotel is also well located next to Pike Place market (and near the very first Starbucks if you need a touristy fix!).

Would stay again but will be more careful on room choice.

Room Tip: Choose room with care - ask for a high room with unimpeded view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for not only returning to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, but for taking the time to detail your impressions of your guest room.
Configurations and layouts can be so personal, so for your next visit our reservation team will work with you to find the perfect location.
I am thrilled you would choose to stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back.
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed one night here in order to shorten by morning commute to the airport. The service was impeccable, from the moment you are greeted at the front desk and given a full run down of all amenties and walked to the elevator.

The room was huge, sumptuous bed and extremely large bathroom with soaking tub and large shower. Robes, slippers and a rug by the bed. The TV in the bathroom mirror was my favorite :) Le 'Occitane bathroom products were a nice touch.

I ordered room service (club sandwich and carafe of pinot gris); ouch, $43; but it IS the Four Seasons.

The work area was spacious and even had HDMI hookup to the big screen LG TV. Who could ask for more?

The ONLY thing missing from the room was a coffee maker. You can call and they will bring you one, but I was leaving at 4am anyway. Room service is available 24 x 7 as well.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor (same as spa) and it was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle. Your statement that our service is impeccable is truly the highest compliment we could receive and I will happily share your sentiments with our entire team.
I have noted your request to have a coffee maker placed in your room on future visits.
Thank you so much again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ilse Harley

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Seattle? Share your experiences!