“Staff is one of a kind!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Staff is one of a kind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and paid attention to me, even in the brief moments they met me. Zach at the front desk was very nice and extremely helpful. The room was clean and I had two large windows in my room that made it feel very open. It was also really close to the convention center, where a writing conference I was going to was being held. The hotel staff was willing to hold my luggage for a couple hours while I waited for a train and they were able to get me a taxi at the hotel in less than a minute. I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms, while maybe not the quietest because of street noise, have great window options.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi Kayla - Thank you for your great review! I really appreciate your lovely remarks about our helpful and friendly team. I'm glad we could provide you with a comfortable stay, and certainly hope you'll be back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Finnish first
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I had tickets to see Spamalot at the 5th Ave and decided since our tickets were for a Friday that we would meet in Seattle (we both work on different sides of the water) and make a special date of it. We had to circle the block a time or two to find the right entrance for the car, but once we arrived the valet was prompt and personable. The front desk was very nice and suggested that next time we should call and reserve directly since we could get a military discount (my husband came directly from work and was in uniform).

Our room was comfortable and updated. Unlike other reviewers, I DO expect free internet and was not disappointed! It did drop the connection a few times, but I am pleased to hear that the hotel will be updating that soon.

We had dinner at Dragonfish, downstairs. If you plan dinner there, particularly on the weekend, be sure to make a reservation. We were fortunate enough to get in, but only just and only because we were eating early to get to the show.

Our location was close enough for us to walk to the 5th Avenue Theatre. Our sleep was restful and quiet and checkout was smooth and fast. We enjoyed our stay and will come again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of your stay with us. I'm glad to read you were well taken care of, and you and your husband could enjoy a date night in the city.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently stayed at The Paramount for three nights, when I was in town for a conference at the Washington State Convention Center. It was perfect!

1) It's only about two blocks from the convention center, and about half of the walk is under a cover, so you stay dry even in the rainy Seattle weather.

2) I was looking for one of the more inexpensive options nearby, and chose The Paramount--but when I got there, I couldn't believe how amazing the hotel was for the price. It was beautiful, well-maintained, clean, etc., and I was much happier with my experience here than at larger hotels like the nearby Sheraton.

3) The hotel staff was incredibly helpful. Any time I had a question or need ANYTHING, they bent over backwards to help me out. I was worried about being out of my room by 12pm on the last day of my trip, due to a conference obligation, and the woman at the front desk told me all of the different options they offered for this particular situation. I realized that my suit was wrinkled from being in my suitcase for 12+ hours, so I asked for a nearby dry cleaning recommendation. The hotel took care of everything: I simply had to bring the clothes to the front desk and then they returned them to my room that evening. Every time I walked past the front desk, they greeted me, asked me how my stay was, asked if there was anything to do, etc., and sometimes even offered recommendations of places to go nearby.

I absolutely recommend this hotel, particularly if you will be at the convention center. It's really close to some of the touristy things, too (a short walk from the Pike Market, and shopping; reasonable walking distance from parts of Capitol Hill, etc.), but it might not be the ideal location for other travel purposes--still, I couldn't have been happier with my stay.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and had no complaints!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi Silas - Thank you very much for your stellar review! I really appreciate your excellent highlights regarding your stay with us and our entire team. We certainly hope to see you if you should visit Seattle again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night for our wedding anniversary. The bellman was very nice and the check-in was easy and fast. We had a corner suite and the room was fantastic. Very nice updates with a great five piece bathroom, windows on two walls of the room and well picked decorations. One nice touch is that anything in the mini-bar fridge was free... something you rarely see anymore. Oh, and the internet was also free which is pretty unheard of except at cheap hotels.

After getting to our room, I noticed that the flowers I previously ordered from an outside floral shop were not in the room. I came up with an excuse to go back downstairs and then asked the front desk. They weren't sure why the flowers had not been delivered, but immediately called the floral shop and ensured me that flowers were on the way and would be in the room after we got back from dinner. After dinner, my wife was surprised by her flowers, and I was surprised that the hotel had comped us a bottle of champagne even though the flower debacle was no fault of theirs. Excellent service above a beyond what I had expected.

We also ordered room service the next morning and it came exactly on time and the food was freshly made and tasted delicious. I looked at a bunch of hotels in this part of Seattle, and the Paramount was actually one of the cheapest. The fact that everything was so good really surprised me when some other places were charging nearly double. The bed was also super comfortable and we never heard any of our neighbors, which is highly unusual for a hotel because I can't sleep even with the slightest noise.

This place is definitely recommended and I will stay again for a special occasion.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We are honored you chose to stay with us for your wedding anniversary. We certainly hope you enjoyed your time with us, and that your celebration was as special as you imagined!
Sterling, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at the Paramount hotel twice now, both times were an overall positive experience.

I'll start off with the negatives of which there are few for the Paramount Hotel.

First - if you are traveling on business and need to do work from the hotel room - be warned the AT&T WiFi service offered at the hotel is horribly slow. You'd be lucky to be able to check your email. Forget about using it for much more than that.

If you are a light sleeper - ask for a room on a higher floor. I stayed on the 4th floor facing out to the street my first stay and was woken up once or twice by loud trucks passing by or because of the Seahawks trip to the Superbowl - honking cars or screaming fans (probably not a problem during non-football season though). My second stay was on the 3rd floor facing the alley and every morning around 6am the garbage trucks would come and make a lot of noise. Not a big deal for someone from the east coast who was already awake at 6am. The heater / air conditioner also makes a loud noise when it first starts which might wake up some people. This wasn't a big problem for me however.

The cleaning service was a little bit 'off' with replacing free items like during my second stay - I didn't have mouthwash until the second night and the box with Q-tips was not replaced during the next cleaning but was replaced after that.

Also - make sure you ask for your final bill when you checkout. This is unlike the 'express' checkouts that chain hotels have where they slip the final bill under your door. Paramount does do that - but the paper says it is a 'Preview' and it isn't the final bill. For business travelers that need to submit their receipts for reimbursement, you'll want the final bill.

These are all minor complaints (except maybe the slow Internet) - and overall my stay at the Paramount was a very positive experience. The rooms are very clean and nice, the beds are comfortable. The location is great - very close to the Washington Convention Center if you need to go there.

The staff at the hotel are always very friendly and were able to answer any questions I had. There are also free umbrellas to borrow since it is Seattle after all.

I know I touched on more negatives than positives in terms of sheet number of words - but there I'm not sure what else to say about the Paramount other than I really enjoyed my stay and I like the hotel. I will likely be back at this hotel next time I am going to Seattle unless I find one with better Internet speeds and equally as nice / priced.

After hearing complaints from co-workers who were staying at other hotels in the area - I had to recommend the Paramount to them. Overall it is a great hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your thorough review. I really appreciate reading all of your feedback. I am thrilled to report, after reading guest reviews, that we will be upgrading our Internet service. Guests will soon be be able to experience faster speeds and easier access. We thank you for your patronage and certainly hope we'll be given the chance to serve you again next time you're in Seattle.
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I wish all my hotel experiences on business trips was this great! I recently spent 4 nights with this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great Seattle hotel with staff that truly care about your stay. Everyone from the concierge to the cleaning staff were truly gems.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review! We love reading reviews like yours. I am delighted that our team took great care of you during your stay with us. Hope to see you again!
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were greeted by the most efficient staff. They made us feel like kings, we cannot praise the service we received enough. Our room met our expectations and more, clean and comfortable a great overall experience. The attention to detail, courtesy and overall experience from the staff was beyond impressive. We came for an overnight stay to see a concert and they us feel like we were the most important people there. The location is in the heart of the city within walking distance of numerous tourist attractions. The venue for the concert was only a block away, a pick of restaurants within a stones throw. We recommend paying the extra for valet service we knew our car was safe and secure while we enjoyed the city. It was nice to be in walking distance of our hotel so that we were able to fully enjoy our evening. We highly recommend The Paramount to any and all who are headed for a fun carefree evening in the city!

Room Tip: Next time we will be splurging on the cityscape room I suggest you do the same!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be courteous and efficient. We will certainly be sharing your review with our entire team!

Been to The Paramount Hotel? Share your experiences!