“Best of all!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Best of all!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have already called the President and CEO to tell him that of all the hotel stays I have had in my 63 years, the Paramount Hotel experience is by far the best!!! And, I spoke to the CEO!!! What does that say about the hotel? Awesome.

I could go on and on about the helpfulness and sincerity of the entire staff of the hotel and that is all true, and I could go on and on about the quaintness of the venue and that would be all true, and I could tell you that its location is central and one block from all buses and light rails and that would be true as well but it is easier to just sum it up--the ambience of the Paramount Hotel is quite simply--first rate. I highly, highly recommend the Paramount Hotel in Seattle!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We're so happy to hear that our team and property made a great impression. We do hope we'll see you again in the future. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Finnish first
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I began our honeymoon in Seattle. We booked this hotel on Hotwire and were very happy to see how nice the hotel was, perfect location for the cost we got. Upon checking in the front desk asked why were in town. We told them about our honeymoon and our plans. Upon getting to our room, there was a knock at the door and the concierge was standing there with a bottle of champagne, two glasses, and a wonderful note from the hotel congratulating us.
The room was wonderful, the bed literally sucked me in for two nights of needed rest. The staff always greeted us very warmly and assisted in finding where we needed to go.
A few days after checking out, I received an email from the front desk thanking us for our stay there.
To me it is these little things that make me want to write reviews of hotels like the Paramount.
Thank you for a great kickstart to our honeymoon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
First off, congratulations on your new marriage! We're so glad that you chose to spend your honeymoon with us here in Seattle. Second, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We're happy to hear that our team was warm and welcoming. Thanks for mentioning our comfortable beds and personalized service. We hope the rest of the honeymoon was just as enjoyable. We'd love to have you back in the future. Maybe we'll see you for your first anniversary! Again, thank you for the review!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Paramount is conveniently located close to the center of town, near the Paramount Theatre. You can take a shuttle bus from the airport -- alight at the Grand Hyatt, which is across the road. There are many restaurants and shops nearby, plus a handy Bartells Drugstore on 5th and Olive that is convenient for some night-time snacks.

My room was clean and well appointed with a work desk, lounge chair, TV, a safe that can fit a laptop, free wifi and a huge bed. While the bed has a plethora of pillows, I found them all too soft and the reception was unable to assist with a thinner, harder pillow.

My room was on a low floor that had a bit of street noise, but that was no worse than the air conditioner. I switched it off at night to get a better sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello! Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. We're happy to hear that you found our location convenient and your room well-appointed. We do apologize for any noise issues you encountered during your stay. We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope we'll see you again in the future!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A short stay, but fun since the Paramount is in the center of the action. Shopping was only steps away. The location tab on the hotel website shows how close you are to great restaurants, Pike Street Market Place, the Monorail or the theater. Great location!

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor-it was very quiet. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and prof...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We're so glad to hear that our location proved to be convenient for you and we hope to see you again soon!
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We frequent Seattle quite often and have stayed at several hotels in the area. The Paramount Hotel is located at Pine Street and 8th Ave. A fantastic location so convenient to great shopping, restaurants, monorail, and an easy 10-15 minute walk to Pike Place Market. Online reservation was a breeze and once we arrived the valet parking and check-in was seamless. There are nice touches in the lobby such as complimentary water and apples, and friendly, helpful staff. We had a King corner room on the 10th floor facing North East, looking towards the city. The bed was very comfortable, the room very clean and well appointed. Complimentary Wi-Fi was not fast but certainly adequate. The mini fridge had complimentary water and soft drinks. The bathroom was quite large for a hotel but I think we had a wheelchair accessible room, hence more space. There was mild noticeable street noise from this room but it didn't really interfere with our sleep. We purchased the Bed and Breakfast package which included Valet parking ($30 value with in and out privileges) and breakfast at the Dragonfish Café ($30 value tax and gratuities included). For me this represents excellent value for downtown Seattle. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our central location and our accommodations! We do apologize for any street noise. We hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. We do hope we'll see you again soon! Thank you!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this hotel months in advance of a cross-country train trip. We would be staying only one night (arriving very late) and needed somewhere inexpensive to stay in Seattle. The cost was VERY reasonable so I had little expectations. When I booked, I made special requests (like a corner room, knowing I probably wouldn't get the room for the rate I was paying.) We also needed a late check-out and for the hotel to hold our bags until we left later that afternoon. ALL requests were honored. Check-in was a breeze and the check-in clerk was friendly. In fact, the hotel sent me an email around 9:00 p.m. to confirm that I was still coming. I thought that was a nice touch. The room was gorgeous and comparable to some higher rated properties I've stayed in. We stayed in room 503 which was large. It contained a king bed, a desk and chair, and two additional chairs. This is in additional to the standard night stand armoire. There was also a small refrigerated and coffee service. The bathroom was spa quality with what appeared to be a soaker tub, separate shower and toilet had their own rooms within the bathroom. My only issue was that they use community shower amenities (large containers of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel). However, you could request individual amenities. The location was centrally located within walking distance to everything I needed (except the train station...we had to take a cab). I felt totally safe in this neighborhood. Check-out was easy (again, the desk clerk was pleasant and friendly and the bell-hop happily took our bags and instantly knew which ones were ours when we returned later in the afternoon.) I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. We had room 503 and was very pleased.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us! It's always nice to hear when our team and property exceeds expectations! We're glad you were able to relax with us after that cross-country train trip! Thank you for mentioning our great team, convenient and safe location, and overall quality. We're glad to hear that you'd consider staying with us again and we do hope we have another opportunity to see you. Thank you!
Kiama, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved our three night stay at this hotel. Great service from all the staff. Easy check-in and check-out. Our room was wonderful - a corner city view room, with windows on each side and a most comfortable king-size bed. Bathroom was nice and clean with a bath and separate shower. The complimentary drinks and water were appreciated, as well as the free in room Wi-Fi. Don't hesitate to stay here when visiting Seattle - this Hotel is in a great location.
We also loved the "Dragonfish Restaurant" downstairs so much, we ate there 3 times!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is invaluable to our staff and we wholeheartedly appreciate it. Thank you for mentioning our great service, location, easy check-in/out, great rooms, and cleanliness. We also appreciate you noticing our complimentary drinks and wi-fi. We take pride in the little details so it's always great when they're noticed! We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope that we'll see you again the next time you're in need of a hotel in Downtown Seattle. Thank you!

Been to The Paramount Hotel? Share your experiences!