“Beautiful and Historic B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaslight Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Gaslight Inn
You added Gaslight Inn to your Saves list
1727 15th Ave., Seattle, WA 98122 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Ranked #8 of 37 Seattle B&B and Inns
California
“Beautiful and Historic B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Okay so we stayed here as a getaway and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful Bed & Breakfast hotels we have stayed in. I am a huge fan of Craftsman homes so this was all the much better. We had a beautiful view of the Seattle skyline and were close to all the tourist spots and had no trouble making our way around the city even though we didn't have a car. Breakfast was offered and was delicious each morning that we were there. This is also a good opportunity to meet the your neighbors! Overall we had a great experience and would highly recommend the Gaslight to anyone looking to experience a traditionally B & B!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
USA/Kenya/S.Sudan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wonderful owners/managers and a great spot in the city to relax. Good location to some eating places and bars. Just wish there was more shopping around. Nice quiet neighborhood. The breakfast is nice but small and continental. The rooms are comfy and there is a great pool patio area for when the weather is nice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at the Gaslight Inn Febuary 21 to 23 this year and was very impressed. The exterior and interior were beautiful. The living room, dining room, and bedroom were well done, clean and rich. The rugs were plush. The Inn was cleaned everyday. Breakfasts were tasty, filling and high quality. The proprietor was friendly and helpful. Most of the interesting sites in Seattle are less than a 20 minute walk. There is much to see. Capital Hill is not a boring neighborhood. There is something for everyone. Gaslight Inn has to be one of the finest inns in the United States. It is definitely 5 star. I am sure that I willgo back.

Room Tip: I belive that all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Gaslight Inn for the second time last weekend, and again fell in love with the beautiful home and thoughtful care that guests receive there. Steve, the innkeeper, treats you like family and makes a warm, inviting environment. The home itself is beautiful, with period mission style furniture and architecture in every room. The first time I stayed here there were problems with other guests that were "drunk and disorderly" one night - the innkeeper took charge of the situation and I was pleasantly surprised in getting a note a few days later with another apology and a free night stay from the owner. When I arrived for my second stay, I was not only treated to a complimentary night, my room was also upgraded to a lovely suite with fireplace and sitting room. They are really so thoughtful and caring, and the home is lovely. I highly recommend.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my girlfriend over this past weekend and cannot praise this place enough. Aside from being beautifully and tastefully decorated and prime Capitol Hill location, the customer service here is beyond anything i would have anticipated. Bennett is a true gentleman with genuine concern for the well being and contentment of his guests. A light and delicious complimentary breakfast is served daily and for those unfamiliar with the area, he will be more than happy to sit with you and explain the prime spots for food, shopping, drinking, dancing etc. Still, what really blew me away and what will keep me coming back here whenever i am in Seattle is how comfortable you are made to feel staying there. After checking out at 10:30 on the day of our trip back home, we learned that our flight would be delayed by 5 hours. When Bennett discovered this he insisted that we spend the next 5 hours there in our room. Our room that we had already checked out of.

Stay here if you appreciate beautiful decor, prime location and unprecedented customer service. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was traveling to Seattle for work + fun, and wanted to venture outside of the typical downtown tourist scene. I researched many neighborhoods, and found that Capitol Hill was a trendy, fun area for young people. Only problem is, the neighborhood doesn't allow hotels! This is initially why I wanted to stay at the Gaslight Inn.. just for a place to sleep in a hip neighborhood.

HOWEVER! The Gaslight Inn is so much more than a typical B&B. Immediately when you walk in, you feel at home. The craftsman-like decor, beautiful accents, and cozy fire are so lovely. Additionally, Bennett, the owner, was an absolute delight. He's very gracious and accommodating.

I highly recommend staying at the Gaslight Inn for both location and the lovely atmosphere. It's a place to stay when you want to feel at home away from home!

Words I'd use to describe the Gaslight Inn:
-Hospitable

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
JEFFERSON CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Really cannot add anything to all of the other positive reviews. I, too, do not understand why anyone would want to stay in a hotel when you have B&Bs available like the Gaslight Inn. We stayed here for four nights. It is beautiful and quiet and clean and a great location. And the hosts are friendly and helpful in anyway that you need assistance. We had a rental car because we were also touring NW Oregon and visiting friends in a Seattle suburb, but when we were in Seattle, we just left our car parked on the street and used the bus and our feet to get everywhere on Capital Hill and downtown Seattle and various sights. And a shout out to the Seattle bus drivers--we do not do much bus travel, and these drivers were soooo helpful and friendly!! Our trip to Seattle was a wonderful experience, and staying at the Gaslight Inn definitely added to that.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in the room with private access to the outside patio, but I think any of the room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gaslight Inn? Share your experiences!