“Valentine's Stay at the Alexis Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattke
“Valentine's Stay at the Alexis Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Spent Valentine's at the Alexis Hotel with my wife. It was a very magical stay. They rolled out the red carpet for Valentine's with a special dinner menu, and breakfast menu the following morning. They had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, flowers, and a personalized note from me to my beautiful wife in the room before we arrived. Everything about the Alexis Hotel was great. I am planning on returning for another get-away with my wife.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago. The room was clean and a good size. The staff were very friendly and glad to help.

Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We truly enjoyed our two night stay at the Hotel Alexis. From the front desk staff, to Russell, serving wine at the evening cocktail hour. Russell was also a great source of information for dining recommendations, things to do, etc.

It was also nice that the hotel was pet friendly. they had a welcome board for the dogs staying there and would write the pets name on the board. Even the dogs would hang out during the cocktail hour. I saw the hotel staff even offer to take the dog out for a quick break outside. Can it get any better than that? I just wish I had brought my dog with me!

The hotel was very clean, quiet, easy access to the pier, ferry, westlake shopping center. While we didn't eat in the hotel, there were several dining options within walking distance.

We were even offered an upgrade at the time of check. It was for a nominal fee, and well worth the price. Its so nice to see a hotel do this, vs. letting their high end rooms go unused.

I would definitely recommend the Alexis hotel to anyone staying and working downtown.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

This was the second time I stayed at The Alexis. The hotel is always clean and the people there make you feel welcome. The beds and linens are among the most comfortable I ever slept on. This particular trip I ordered room service for breakfast. Having a craving for a particular type of omlette not on the menu I asked if they could make it. I also asked if I could substitute fruit for potatoes. The breakfast they brought me was done was exactly as I asked and one of the best omlettes I've ever had. If you are looking for a great place to stay in Seattle at a reasonable price this is it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

The service here is outstanding. Every single person was friendly, outgoing, helpful and upbeat. I commend everyone for that.

If you like staying in a hotel downtown right in the thick of the things, then this hotel is for you. But you may lose a bit of sleep, as it can get sort of loud, especially on a week-end. I stayed in a room on the alley and not the hotel's fault, but there was a super loud buzzing all night. It's also near a fire station, ferry terminal and freeway. If you like fresh air, then don't stay here, because if you open the windows, it's just pretty loud. I can't imagine how loud it would be on the front of the hotel.

But on the other hand, it's agreat location. 10 minute walk to Pike Place Market, 15 mins to downtown and about 10 mins to Pioneer Square, 5 mins to the water

The hotel itself is very boutique - eclectic art, shee shee doggies prancing around. I think the art makes it 4 star and the service. My room had 3 different colors of paint, asian paintings, lamps all very stylish. It's a nice room, a bit small, but nice. My room had a bed, sofa, desk and an armchair all in the small room. Bathroom had a Vichy shower head. Nice amenities in the bathtub, Towels a bit small.

The robe, not a big deal, was not at all soft like in great hotels. It was leopard skin print to be boutiquish I'm sure, but had no upscaleness to it like in fancy hotels. You wouldn't want to wear it long at all. The quality was not very good.

I booked an appointment in the steam room and waited at the door, having not been told you need to call for someone to open it. No biggie, but it would have been nice, when booking it, if I was told how the process worked. Then I get in and have to figure out to turn on the steam. No instructions anywhere, and nothing was told to me when I booked it. The steam room itself was fine. The outer room had dirty glasses and towels as if had not been checked all day and my appt was late in the evening. I would suggest that housekeeping check the room every hour or 2 and tidy it up. One thing like that leaves a bad impression.

Exercise room is tiny. I didn't go in, but was surprised hwo small it was.

The evening wine tasting was a nice touch. The man working there knew a lot about each wine and offered to give me a glass to take to my room.

Library Bistro Bar was very cozy and nice. And the restaurant also very nice. We didn't try either, but both nicely decorated, with tons of books as well.

Overall nice hotel, I would recommend it. But don't have super high 4 star expectations.

McKinleyville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed at the Alexis Hotel February 2010 for a weekend trip. We traveled with our golden retriever so I found this hotel searching for dog friendly hotels in Seattle. The room we booked was a 1 bedroom Alexis suite which was very roomy. There was a large living room area with a couch, two chairs and the bar area with a large plasma TV. Off that was a 1/2 bath. Back through the hall was a large master bedroom with a desk, a king sized bed, large windows and a big bathroom with a separate shower and jetted tub for two. The tub was huge and so relaxing. The service was great, it was very clean and the decor was nice. Upon arrival in to the room they also provided us with a dog bed and bowl to use during the stay for our dog which was great. I also liked that any type of room was dog friendly - they do have specific rooms in every category for those allergic to pets to stay in but for every category of room there are dog friendly rooms - a lot of hotels won't let dogs in the nicer spa suite rooms so that was great. There are no charges to bring your dog. Everyone was very friendly, quick to help out how they could and room service was excellent. Any time we called up for ice or any other service it arrived promptly. Location is super close to Pikes Market as well as lots of restaurants.

The parking is very expensive for valet - 37 dollars a day but I guess that is to be expected staying in a large city. They also charge $1.50 for every local call you make so use your cell phone :) I have with the hotel in regards to traveling with a pet was the distance to an area to walk your dog - the closest grassy area was many blocks away, and at night if you are alone it can be a bit unsafe walking through downtown Seattle to get your dog out before you head to bed. If you don't mind walking though everything else about the hotel is great - but do take that in to consideration when traveling with pets.

Channahon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We paid a great rate for a double room and were pleasantly surprised that upon checking in we were upgraded to a suite. It was an amazing treat for the kids and a beautiful and clean room. Loved breakfast in the restaurant, and felt a great welcoming vibe in the bar. Would love to go back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!