“What a Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wyncote, Pennsylvania
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I booked because I am an In-Touch member, and was in town with my kids for Spring Break. The hotel is wonderfully located a few easy blocks from Pike Place market, and feels like a real destination. My kids were overjoyed -- and spoiled by the staff there, who went out of their way to welcome us. The beds were comfortable, the room huge, and the restaurant (which we enjoyed for dinner) very welcoming. I would highly recommend for both business and pleasure travelers -- it is a rare hotel that crosses both audiences easily.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thanks Garlow Family! We loved having you guys here and are so happy that your family had a great time. When we have guests with kids, we do try our best to make sure our Kimpton Kids have as good of a time as the parents. We definitely do tend to spoil...we just can't help it! But in the end, it just makes us so happy to hear that you as a family had a great time. So we look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
surrey, british columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed the evening of April 22, 2014 at Alexis Seattle - A Kimpton Hotel. It was not my first stay at the Alexis Seattle, and it will not be my last. The hotel has great charm and character. It is well situated for all major downtown Seattle attractions: Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market, the Wharf, the Space Needle, Chinatown, all major shopping malls, ferries, etc. And the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful.

I was upgraded at no cost to a large one-bedroom suite, room 322. It had a working wood burning fireplace (yes, I lit the provided log and enjoyed a real fireside experience with a book I was reading), King bed, high ceilings and a great vibe. Linens and towels were very good, and the free internet throughout the hotel (internet is free of charge when you are a member of Kimpton's free to join "InTouch" membership rewards program) was well received.

I enjoyed the locally sourced "double pork chop" dinner and a taster flight of Scottish whiskies in the hotel's Bookstore Bar & Café. Service was excellent, as was the food and drinks. And of course, like all Kimpton Hotels, there was a "free of charge" Hosted Wine Hour from 5 to 6 pm in the front lobby of the hotel, featuring wines and appetizers.

My one and only criticism of the Alexis Seattle is their outrageous overnight parking charge: $42 base rate, plus $5.25 parking tax, plus $3.99 state tax, for a total parking charge of $51.24 per day. Note: parking is free from 8 pm to 8 am on the street outside the Alexis Seattle, and neighboring parking garages are significantly lower in price for overnight parking.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is excellent, I give the Alexis Seattle a solid 9. High praise indeed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. Also ask for a free upgraded room, if available.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

When we travel to Seattle, we usually stay at the Alexis. The staff is terrific: friendly, helpful. The location is great: easy walking distance to the art museum, Pike Street, the waterfront. Because we've stayed over the years, we've also noticed that the owners are not keeping the place up quite like they used to: the mattress sagged, the towels were a bit rougher, and little things like not replacing broken elevator buttons took some of the sparkle off of what has been a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the water side. Quieter, better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
I am please to hear that you had a good stay! It seems that we didn't meet some marks... If you could please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com, I would like to discuss your response further. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I look forward to your response.
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at the Alexis this past weekend when we were in Seattle for business. The staff was all wonderful and extremely helpful. Our room was gorgeous, and we didn't even get the upgrade that we'd requested. If there was any down side, I'd say that we were on the 2nd floor, overlooking the street, so we experienced a lot of noise from cars and trucks going by. Thankfully, we were out of our room more than in, so it wasn't too much of a problem. We will definitely stay at the Alexis the next time we're in town.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to road noise, make sure you're not facing the street and on a low level...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Newberg, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The pros; the people are the nicest, the most helpful and the cleanest rooms. The bellmen are the best ever.
The cons, beds not comfortable, noisy at every move. No view, except for the brick building across the way. More dog friendly than children friendly. No water pressure. It does have a refrigerator, but can not use because full of items to purchase. The other non refrigerator item to purchase was a tray on top of table, so had to tell the kids not to touch, for they were very expensive.
Walking through lobby every person drinking wine, a very stuffy crowd at motel. The walk was all up hill, five blocks to pike place. Dog friendly. Not kid friendly. I would not choose this hotel again, the rooms were clean, but no ventilation at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I hope you have received my email and that we will have the chance to talk more about the options available here to make your next stay absolutely perfect. The one thing that we can always offer is options! We have rooms with windows that open, rooms with great views, pet free rooms, and even rooms with complete kitchens. Just let us know what is important to you and we will do our best to find a room to match your needs.
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

A big shout out goes to Britta, Cody, Victoria, and Jon who helped make our birthday celebration very special. They were friendly, helpful, and an asset to the Kimpton hotel system. They suggested a very good restaurant, Tulios. Also suggested was a food tour of the Public Market that was not only tasty but packed with history. Our thanks go to you.

Room Tip: We had a room with the view of the new ferris wheel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your stay with us! I'm so happy to hear that some of our team members stood out to you on your stay. We have a pretty amazing team and they sure do love to make our guests feel special! The food tour sounds pretty yummy! And of course, you can never go wrong with Tuilo, they are fantastic! We hope to see you back again soon!

Jenne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My stay at this property was ok, I thought it was an average hotel from check in to check out, I didn't get the super treatment everyone is raving about here, room was spacious and clean(albeit a bit old fashioned), the windows aren't insulated properly so I could hear the noise on the street, in addition the mini bar was making a weird noise the whole time.
That being said the location of the hotel is ideal to exploring the city as its very central and in walking distance to all the places that need to be seen and for your morning caffeine fix once you leave the hotel just turn right and you will find a cafe called love everybody , that is the highlight of Seattle coffee scene

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unique hotel experience- I invite you to reach out to me personally at Jenne.Neptune@alexishotel.com, in hopes that we might regain your trust in the Alexis again. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!