“Cute hotel (my new go-to in Seattle)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“Cute hotel (my new go-to in Seattle)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great hotel, very comfortable and clean. Rooms have just the right amount of kitsch. Staff is super nice and they often have a dog behind the counter to help folks check in (sometimes they're pet sitting for a guest, and sometimes the "director of pet services" is making an appearance). Nice wine hour, though from 5-6 it's hard to get out of the office in time. Like the bar downstairs too--they have a great happy hour and it's a nice place to go if I have to finish up some work--lively but not too crowded. A lot of nice touches that make this hotel a great place to stay when I'm in Seattle for work.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
You must be speaking of Harrison, our Director of Pet Relations?? He does love being at the front desk and interacting with our guests! Thank you for noticing all of our nice touches...they like to be noticed. If you love having pets at the hotels, all Kimpton properties allow pets. So you should look into booking again with any Kimpton hotel. We can't wait till you guys come back and visit us! We will still have that wine hour waiting for you when you return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

What a great escape for my girlfriend and I. Kye checked us in - so friendly and helpful and then when we checked out the next morning he was also working - still with an enthusiastic smile! Cody took great care of us too by making sure we had just the right room with wonderful attention to the details. The room was awesome, really big, but still comfortable, relaxing and very quiet. We had a delicious breakfast and then Chris was so helpful with our bags and getting the car for us. Such a delightful treat - I highly recommend checking in for your own escape!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sounds like a great girls night!! So glad that you ladies had a great time. AND I'm happy to see that a few of our stellar guys stood out to you. We always love to hear stories about our team members and how they make our guests happy. Thank you for sharing your stay with us, and we hope to see you for another ladies getaway!
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

For a two week business trip to Seattle, the Hotel and facilities are fine, but it's noisy. Street noise, other guests, plus noise from the room above meant earplugs were a must.

The bulding has wooden joisted floors meaning you can hear the people above and the windows let in most of the traffic noise from outside. The Aircon is pretty noisy too.

Room Tip: Away from Street
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Hi Nick C! I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I understand our Rooms Division Manager has reached out to you. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. I can be reached at Jenne.Neptune@AlexisHotel.com. We want to do our best to make this trip up to you! Thank you for your feedback, every review helps us in the direction of where we want to be. Hope to hear from you soon.
Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel after staying in a kimpton property in San Francisco CA. Planned a trip to Seattle so we looked up this hotel and we were so happy with our stay! The room was amazing, the staff was so helpful, and the location was perfect, right by the pike market! Thanks for a wonderful stay and special thanks to Keith the concierge for his wonderful dinner suggestions!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time! We love when our guests travel amoungst other Kimpton Hotels. Thank you for taking the time to write such a sweet review for us, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We just spent 1 night at the Alexis and we were left a bit disappointed unfortunately. Firstly the parking rate at $42 is exorbitant, and frankly offputting. We drive down from Vancouver frequently and this alone will result in my finding a different hotel for our stays. Given we were just there for a night we simply ended up parking on the street near the hotel. There is also an offsite parking garage 1 block down Madison towards the water for $24 for 24 hours, so I'm not sure how the hotel can justify such a price. Check in was a bit frosty, not the usual professional, warm, friendly service we encounter at Kimpton. She had to mention that because we had booked on a 3rd party site we would not be getting our in-touch points. I always find it fascinating that travel service providers seem to begrudge these 3rd party bookings. If you dont want the booking, simply remove yourself from these sites, rather than take it out on your guests. The room had a big nasty black hair in the sink when we arrived and the wall covering in the bathroom and wall beside the bed had obvious reminders of previous guests. I still havent figured out why Kimptons don't automatically provide coffee makers in the room. When I roll out of bed, I much prefer making coffee in my robe than having to get dressed, find the room key, wait for the elevator, juggle a couple of cups of coffee, sugar, stir sticks, etc, back to the elevator, etc Bed was a bit lumpy/springy. On the plus side we did like the room design and the wine in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi brently55! I sent you a message but it probably fell into some electronic abyss...But I would love to get the opportunity to discuss why you left feeling a little disappointed. Your enjoyment is always our number one priority, and it looks like we missed the mark this time around. You can reach me Jenne.Neptune@AlexisHotel.com. Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon!
Boyne City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Alexis as part of the 12th man during Superbowl weekend. We were warmly greeted by the staff and enjoyed the extra touches of Skittles and Seattle memorabilia as well as chocolates and wine (for my birthday)with a personal note celebrating our arrival. We were looking for a luxury hotel. The Alexis fit the bill - mostly. There were a few chinks in the armor but they were mostly cosmetic in nature and so nit-picky that I don't want to mention them so as not to detract from the lovely experience. Suffice it to say that if you want a PERFECT luxury experience you may opt for the Four Seasons. If a few MINOR chinks in the armor are acceptable then the great value is really at the Alexis.

The hotel appears to be an historic building and as such, has the character of an older building. That's part of the charm. The room was completely adequate - comfy bed, nice wet/dry bar, good amount of space, nice sized bathroom with tub/shower unit, good ventilation, good temperature control, eclectic but pleasing furnishings; good-sized flat screen TV. The lighting was a little on the dim side; plenty of mirrors and closet space as well. There isn't much of a view from the 2nd floor where we were but we weren't there for the view. The hotel doesn't have that many floors but there may be a good view somewhere if you were into that sort of thing. The location was GREAT! Walking distance to everything downtown and if you want a cab the staff is there to help. The service was really outstanding.

Unfortunately the restaurant/bar was under renovation during our stay but the Library Bistro has been temporarily converted to accommodate the dinner and lounge crowd. It was an interesting atmosphere with lots of actual books all around. The menu looked like it had enough offerings for all palates (we only enjoyed appetizers, and they were all tasty - especially the mushroom hazelnut pate). We were able to fit in the wine reception (nice touch) one evening. There was also a coffee and cocoa bar available.

We were not traveling with our pets, but there was a cute black board welcoming all of the pets by name - although we never saw any.

Overall I could recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in a great location with wonderful service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stay in Seattle a lot, and have my "go to" hotel. It was unavailable and I decided on the Alexis as a backup. All I can say is wow. I'd stayed once before and it was "nice" but this is the kind of stay that makes you switch hotels. As in, my only complaint is that now I need to rebook all my other upcoming Seattle stays to be at the Alexis. Great job. Friendly and helpful staff, nailed all the little touches that make staying in hotels fun, even when its a very regular occurrence.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner overlooking the Sound. Nice view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Well I hope this means that we are now your "go to" Seattle hotel?!? I feel that's a good deal that your only complaint is to rebook your other stays...cause we have a whole reservation department that can help with that problem! :) Well I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and we look forward to many more stays with you. Thanks for such a great review, and see you soon!

Been to Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!