“Our stay in Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Essex
“Our stay in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited the city for half-term with my wife had a great time, great location, great room, very comfortable, staff always friendly could not have been more helpful. Great location for city about 10-15 mins walk which was great. Would recommend, great job Alexis!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks for the great review! Glad to see that you had a great time here in Seattle and at our hotel. We look forward to your next adventure with us!

1,164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am of the mind like the poster Hoddevik. Surprised at how unimpressive this hotel was. Staff was indifferent towards customers (except for Tracy at the front desk). Felt as though asking for ice was a huge bother based on the response from the bellman. Amenity was very unimpressive. Lost my phone and staff wouldn't help try and locate it. Just poor staff all the way around. Room was OK; view was great. Service at the bar was non-existent. Had do not disturb sign on the door; it was ignored. The lobby is lovely, the room is nice, but the staff's attitude of "I don't want to be bothered by you" was somewhat disconcerting.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and view of the sound
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unique hotel experience - I invite you to reach out to me personally jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com so that we might regain your trust in the Alexis.
Huntsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I was really disappointed when I tried to book a joining suites for a girls weekend for R&R and was given less than timely assistance. The final email I sent where I stated I wanted to book 2 suites was never answered.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Blaine, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

With the many great reviews of the Alexis I was surprised when I stayed here recently.

The hotel is nicely decorated but the room was unimpressive. Even though it was November it was very warm when we got there in the evening, I turned down the thermostat and we left for dinner. Returning several hours later it was still too warm ... it took until about 2 a.m. to cool down.

The floor above us squeaked when people walked around, the television stations were fuzzy with static. Sitting by the window I noticed the edges of the carpet by things like the bedposts and furnishings were dirty. The bathroom floor in front of the toilet was grungy, which is pretty gross.

The employees seemed very nice and personable, and if had been staying more than 1 night I would have talked to the front desk, and perhaps we could have changed rooms or something, but for such a short stay didn't bother (we left early in the morning.)

No major problems, just expected nicer standards.

Oh, parking is $42 plus taxes per day which seems crazy. We parked a block away overnight and paid $6 for indoor parking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to read about the temperature and the overall condition of the room. Can you please email me @ jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com and let me know what room this happened in? We want to ensure your next stay is perfect! I look forward to hearing back from you.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great location. Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent eating and drinking establishments on the premises. Yoga mat, umbrella and slipper socks in addition to standard wardrobe extras. Visually engaging art work throughout. Let them know in advance if you don't like sleeping with feather bedding.

Stayed November 2013
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Aren't the room amenities great! It's nice when you can wake up in the morning and roll out the yoga mat and have a relaxing work out? I'm happy to see that even the artwork caught your eye. And yes, very good note, we can take out our feather bedding. Just in case we have some guests with certain allergies. That is never a problem! Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to write this review. We hope to have you back again soon!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

First trip to the great Northwest and relied on a daughters suggestion that we look into the Kimpton group of hotels knowing our penchant for smallish hotels in convenient locations for touring with charm and excellent service. It is with genuine pleasure I can report that the Alexis far surpassed our expectations. We were in an executive suite so can only comment on that one very lovely and spacious room. But even if all rooms aren't as special, the front desk staff was exceptional. They were well informed, helpful, friendly, attentive and seemed to enjoy their work. A real pleasure and a class act.

Room Tip: Executive suite is all I know and can surely recommend
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
What a sweet message! Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy that your first PNW trip was something to remember! We like to make sure that our guests feel like they are at home, in every way possible. It's our goal to meet expectations and to create memorable moments for all to share! Thank you for being a part of that with us, and we look forward to your, hopefully, many more great Northwest trips to come.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is tied with the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas as being the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Super location! Ladies, although it is close to mall and market, wear comfortable shoes or boots, for there is a lot of inclines getting to these areas. We walked to the piers, the Pike Market Place, and the shopping areas of Nordstrom and Macy's among many stand alone stores. We did not need a taxi or public transportation until we left to go back to the airport.

The hotel itself is very accommodating. My husband and I arrived hours before check- in and they were able to hold our luggage as we toured the city. The room was magnificent! Comfortable king size bed, beautifully furnished room with ample room- a desk area and a lounge area all in one room! High ceilings with impressive ceiling to floor drapery. We took full advantage of the jacuzzi each night after a lot of walking. The entire hotel room would be a great backdrop for taking modeling pictures. I wish I would have thought of that before now, lol.
Plenty of hot water in the tub, no water leaks. They even provide Aveda bath salts. If there was one complaint, a small one at that, it would be the hairdryer provided is loud, loud, loud. It is definitely not a deal breaker, but would recommend bringing your own. There was ample space in the bathroom. Huge drawers, big countertop. If I had a bathroom like this at home, my husband and I won't need two separate bathrooms. This is a great place to take someone to sweep them off their feet! Highly recommended and when I come back to Seattle I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room looking over the ferris wheel. It was beautiful. It changed colors at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We have been know for having a really convenient location, thanks for noticing too! And I an super glad to see that we compare to another hotel that you rave about. This is fantastic! And yes, those jacuzzi tubs are really something. And what a perfect way to wind down the day. Thank you for taking time to write this review! I'm sorry about the hair dryer...but we do have others that can be sent up. For next time just call the front desk and we can get you taken care of right away! We look forward to having you stay again with us. Till next time.

Been to Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!