“Beautiful, huge rooms with an excellent location but not perfect.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Daily $25 Dining Credit
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
/las /vegas
“Beautiful, huge rooms with an excellent location but not perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with our executive room at first. It was incredibly big and beautiful! After spending the first night, my feelings changed a little. The room was not very soundproof and the guest above me woke up at 3:30am and his constant footsteps kept me awake. There is also a problem with city noise. I reported the problem to the front desk and they did offer another room but I was on a long road trip and had too much stuff to move. Another problem that I had was with the air conditioning. It did not cool. I reported this problem and a technician was sent to look at it but the problem remained. Once again, the front desk offered to move me but I decided to accept a fan instead. The living room and dining room areas are quite large yet the bathroom is nothing special with a shower/tub combo. I would have preferred less space in the living room area and a bigger, nicer bathroom. The restaurants at the hotel are very pretty but the food is just average at best. Another area that needs improvement is the gym. Extremely small room with very limited equipment. Overall, I would say it's a very pretty property with an excellent location but not free of problems. The staff was very friendly. I would consider staying there again if the price were right. I just tried to book again and it was well over $500!

• Stayed May 2013
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Sounds like we could really improve your stay with just a few simple things, and I hope we'll get another chance to wow you--a quiet room on the top floor should help with noise, and we have some great suites with the best (and largest) bathrooms you could imagine!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Lake Mary, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel set in the heart of downtown Seattle. Every part of the hotel that we encountered was luxurious and immaculate. The room was beautiful and ours had a fireplace and comfortable couch in a sitting room with a library of books perfect to read by the fire on a rainy evening. The room also had quite a few thoughtful touches such as extra pillows, towels, and other necessities hidden away. I was most impressed by the staff. The front desk staff almost seemed disappointed if you passed by without requesting anything. They were so friendly and helpful. The valets were also wonderful and did a great job of helping with travel directions and asking other questions. I've never stayed at a hotel where we were made to feel so special and appreciated as a guest. I plan to look for Kimpton hotels on my travels around the country because this hotel made such a great impression on me.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a deluxe room because I was a member of the Kimpton Rewards club.
Green Features: I loved how there was a recycling bin right in the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
"The front desk staff almost seemed disappointed if you passed by without requesting anything." Haha, that might just be true! We are here to take care of you, and each request is an opportunity to make you feel at home in our city.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just stayed one night but we had an excellent experience. Even though we arrived early and our room wasn't ready, the front desk staff went out of their way to make things right. We never complained but they apologized for the wait and upgraded us ... the really was no need so I take that as going above and beyond. Hotel is centrally located, downtown close to everything we needed. Wine hour hostess (sorry I forgotten the name!) was very friendly and chatted with us about things to do and see in Seattle whilst there. Thank you, Kimpton!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad you took advantage of wine hour to get the local scoop! Seattle has so many unique areas, and each member of the staff can point you towards their favorites.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My trip to Seattle in February was a complete surprise. My husband had planned the trip for my birthday and Valentine's day. All I knew was it was a two day trip and that he would pack my bag for me. We boarded the train to Portland and arrived in Seattle that same night and he suggested we stay at this hotel as we were walking through the city. Of course, he made reservations, and we were warmly greeted and very taken care of. During the planning phase, my husband told them that I loved tea and explained the reason for our visit, and asked if there was anything they could do to make it special. They know how to do special things for their guests--we were upgraded to they honeymoon suite (HUGE jacuzzi, champagne, and strawberries) complete with a little electric teapot just for me. (It was a nice touch to have complimentary tea in the lobby each morning as well. The room was gorgeous and really clean. I'm super picky (and freaked out) by hotels, but this one was perfect. This may be petty, but they actually had full size (and pretty darn nice) shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the shower rather than the dinky ones every other hotel gets. We had a nice view too--we could see the water and the ferris wheel even though our room faced the office building next door. We even checked out the little "book" bar within the hotel--AWESOME atmosphere and cool cocktails. We would love to stay at this hotel again when we return to Seattle and would stay at other Kimpton's just because of this experience. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was fantastic. We went in the middle of the week, so naturally, it wasn't bo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are always excited to learn a little bit about our guests and customize your stay. Share your story with the team so we can make it a memorable visit and make sure your hotel experience has everything you need, including tea : )
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice hotel - nice large room well furnished and modern. Facing the river so didn’t encounter any noise at all. Fairly central to most things although there’s not a whole load of touristy things to do in downtown Seattle – you would need a car to explore the parks etc outside the city. Got a nice room on the fifth floor – very spacious. Staff are all friendly and we stayed here for 3 nights. Had drinks in the bar which was nice – cosy kind of atmosphere. Didn’t eat in the hotel and there are many places for breakfast in the nearby pike market. We got the light rail link in from the airport – its maybe a 5-10 minute walk from the nearest stop to the hotel so it’s fine. Free wifi worked perfectly throughout. If I was returning to Seattle I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
You don't have to have a car to explore the city--just swing by the desk and we'll get you set up with easy, quick, and cheap public transportation routes to just about anywhere you could be going. Greenlake? Catch the 48! West Seattle? Water taxi! UDistrict? Route 73 and you're there!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great staff (especially Keith and Lisa) perfect place to stay for our Alaska cruise. Have to try the blackend Manhattan with a bowl of the best mac and cheese I've ever had. Can't beat the location location location at a great price.

• Stayed May 2013
Agreed--it's just the best mac'n'cheese around!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

In our view this is one of the finest suites hotels in America. We've never had a bad experience here. The quality of service and the friendliness of staff is exceptional, and the rooms are (invariably) tasteful, spacious and sensitively designed. Kimpton's has gone out of its way with this hotel to create an outstanding place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are proud to be a Kimpton, and to have such kind guests like yourself. Come back soon!

Been to Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!