“Champagne room on an (import) beer budget!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Champagne room on an (import) beer budget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

First, I love Kimpton hotels. I have never had anything less than a terrific experience. We stayed at the Alexis over Thanksgiving weekend with our extended family and had a great time. The decor was exceptional, the staff friendly and helpful and the location in the middle of downtown was super convenient. We ate breakfast in the hotel at the Library Bistro which was comfortable and filling. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you sign up for Kimpton rewards; even if you don't think you'll ever stay at anoth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Glad to hear you have had terrific stays at all our Kimpton properties! Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you on your next trip to Seattle!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been planning on staying at the Alexis for a while, but my plans kept falling through. Finally I made it for my birthday weekend. I reserved the a standard King room through the Kimpton website. I am also a Kimpton InTouch member. (I signed up a while back, and I wholly suggest that you do so before making your reservation.) Doing the online reservation was very easy and I got a deal by paying in advance. When I got to the hotel, the valet (valet is on the side of the building, not the front) was swift to attend to us and we were helped with our bags to the front reception. At the reception we were promptly greeted and the person came across as genuine and sweet. We were informed that we were upgraded to a king suite room for my birthday! We were then shown to our room and had our bags taken up. There was a bottle of sparkling white wine from St. Michelle (a local winery) and truffle chocolates waiting for us from Keith. So wonderful, and makes me really appreciate being a member of kimpton, unlike some other hotel memberships that lack those personal touches. The room was fairly big. There was a t.v lounge room that had the honor bar/fridge (Kimpton InTouch members get a $10.00 credit), a large bathroom that is designed well, a large closet off to the left, then it opens to the bedroom that has a dresser, two nightstands, a desk, two chairs and a t.v. I asked for a quiet room so our room was off to the side of the busy street and it made a huge difference. The bed was very comfortable and when making the reservation I asked for extra pillows and there were four there waiting for me.
The hotel is well located, but right on the edge for me. If you go towards pioneer square you need to be more aware of the homeless people especially at night. We went for a walk after dinner and turned back around after a short while due to how many people were on the street begging for money, to the left is pike market after a couple of blocks and the SAM on the right. Go straight forward and you are in the shopping area. If you go down you are right there by the pier.
For the less impressive part: The cost for daily valet is high ($40/ni), the maid service never replenished the toiletries (we didn't bother calling down for someone to just bring us a small bar of soap or lotion to our room), maid service threw away my Sunday paper and I barely got to read part of it.
The good far outweighs the bad, and in all actuality, we didn't really need a car until our last day. Next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and they will take care of it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you were finally able to stay with us, and chose us to celebrate your birthday! I do want to apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Thanks again for staying with us, and I hope we get the chance to show you’re our full potential on your next visit!
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Alexis is a wonderful hotel. We've spent 2 nights here; 2 to go---friendly, cheery, helpful staff. We booked the "Save our Sanity" deal and upon arrival were told that we were upgraded. It's a very spacious room with huge windows and the hotel's location is great. I highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
So glad to hear you chose to “save your sanity” with us and that our staff were able to take great care of you! Thank you for the review, and see you next time you are in Seattle!
Lakeside, MT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at the Alexis and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was very nice, they have a wine hour each day in the lobby and they gladly allow dogs! Great location, friendly staff, a hotel that I would recommend without hesitation.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We love our four legged friends, and isn’t wine hour the best! I say it’s the best hour of my day! Thank you for recommending us and we will see you on your next trip to Seattle!
spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had asked for a king room but was upgraded to a huge suite with two beds. One of the more luzurious rooms I have ever stayed in. Nothing to complain about here. Superb service, great beds and bath, excellent amenities and a $10 credit on the in-room snack bar. Location is in the heart of Seattle just a block from the waterfront and a few blocks from shopping and Pike Place market.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our “sumptuous rooms”! Glad our staff was able to take such great care of you, and that you were able to enjoy your time in the city. We hope to see you on your next trip to Seattle!
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I spend the weekend at the Alexis after Marriott lost our reservation and was unable to provide us with a room. The Alexis was able to hook us up with a beautiful King room on the top floor (4th). The service of the staff was impeccable from the front desk to the valet. The hotel's decor is beautiful throughout the lobby and in the rooms. The bed was very comfortable with down comforter and both foam and down pillows. There was plenty of closet space, big bathroom and even a bit of mood lighting in the room :) Great location – very close to the Fish Market, Ferris Wheel Pier and Ferry. Great restaurant and bar on premise with awesome food, drinks and staff. Will definitely stay here again without hesitation – I'm glad Marriott lost our reservation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the Marriott lost your reservation! Thank you for all the kind remarks about our staff and property. We hope to see you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I consider myself well traveled and was disappointed with this hotel considering that it is classified as a boutique hotel and #5 on Trip Advisor. Yes, yes - the staff are friendly but that's expected from any establishment. I would describe the decor of the rooms as odd and lacking attention to detail. The steam room is tired and the leopard robes tacky. Linens are less than luxurious.

Sorry Alexis but I can't understand what all the fuss is about. Your hotel is average and underwhelming.

• Stayed November 2012
I am genuinely sorry to hear that your stay did not reflect the pride we take in caring for our property. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. We would love another chance to show you the kind of service we work so hard to provide! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Been to Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!