“Great views on SLU” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Electric Boat Company

The Electric Boat Company
2046 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 102, Seattle, WA 98109 (Downtown)
(206) 223-7476
Improve this listing
Seattle, Washington
21 attraction reviews
“Great views on SLU”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I came here as part of my work's group bonding experience. There were about 35 of us total, with four boats rented. It's really cool that you can bring your own food and drink, and take a leisurely ride on the lake. The electric boats themselves are incredibly slow, so don't expect a speed boat! We took part in the scavenger hunt, which was really cool. I haven't lived in Seattle for long, so a lot of the questions I didn't know, but some of the things you need to hunt are actually things you find around the lake. The boats are comfy, spacious, and most importantly are covered.

Overall this was a unique experience that was a lot of fun as a group outing. It was nice to see all of the sights from the lake, and see the unique house boats up close. I highly recommend.

Visited August 2013

Northern Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Very fun and relaxing way to enjoy Lake Union!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff were helpful and polite. Make sure to make a reservation ahead of time as these are very popular. The boats are slow and steady and are equipped with a party table and bench seating. They have a roof and the windows can be closed for cooler weather. Keep an eye peeled for landing seaplanes!

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Most unique attraction!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

the waterway is shared by kayakers, paddle boarders, sailboats and an array of boats (powerboats - yachts). Plus, the waterway is also home to a float plane airport. yes, you'll see float planes take off and land around you. The scenery can't be beat. You'll enjoy a vast collection of house boats, including the infamous one from Sleepless in Seattle. You can dock and dine at seaside restaurants too! The owner and staff at Electric Boat Company are wonderful too!

Visited June 2013
Port Townsend, Washington
10 attraction reviews
“Great time- relaxing and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

First of all, I want to say we did use a Groupon and had absolutely no difficulties reserving or using this company. I did reserve several weeks ahead.

We spent a lovely two hours out with family in the sunshine on opening day of boating season.
One of the nice features of these boats are the silent electric motors which make conversation and visiting pleasant. There is none of the engine noise one usually has on a small boat.

The staff was pleasant, professional, and made us feel like special guests.

They provide a map, basic tips on driving the boat, and sent us off in a clean comfortable boat.

I would love to go again!

Visited May 2013
“Liar's!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Tried to redeem my Groupon, was told there was no openings and that I would be put on a "wait list" in case of a cancelation. I called back 10 minutes later on a hunch DIDN'T mention my groupon and Magically there was a spot open of course I couldn't book the spot because I was using a fictitious name. So again I called the next weekend and SAME RESULT! The Groupon expires at the end of May conveniently for them. They certainly lost customers for life and I will bad mouth them every chance I get!