“Awesome location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
OKC
“Awesome location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at The Belltown Inn over a weekend. When we first got to our room, we noticed it was really an updated older hotel. The room was small, but it had room for everything we had. And the decor was really cute. The only complaint I would have about the room would be that it was consistently hot, even after we turned off the thermostat. However, it was remedied by opening the window, which turned out to be even better because the sound of the rain was quite soothing. The best part of our stay, though, was the front desk. They were SSOOOO nice. We chatted them up one night and they were quite friendly. (Girlfriend takes over computer..) Here is what I would want to know before booking the hotel room: (1) It's super clean. (2) The room is small, but it has a little kitchenette with mini-fridge + microwave and a TV, so it was fine. Perfect for a couple... a little small for a family. A lot small for a family :) (3) The hotel is near EVERYTHING. We walked to Pike Place Market two of the three mornings we were there, and we also walked to the Space Needle. Plus, there are all sorts of GREAT restaurants and bars within a couple of blocks. (4) The neighborhood is SLIGHTLY sketchy, but not bad. I never felt unsafe at all, but it's not a super glitzy area. (5) You have to pay for parking. This isn't surprising as it's downtown in a major city, but I felt like the hotel ad made it sound like parking is free. It's $15 per day, and worth it if you have a car. (6) They have complimentary umbrellas and bikes. (7) The staff is really nice. (8) There's no free Wi-Fi in the rooms. However, there's a section of the lobby in which you can use the internet for free. I would definitely stay here again. It was a good price and a good deal. (I take back the computer) I would too. It was pretty cool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Mishawaka, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

nice staff, great central location. stayed one night, and had a good room, clean, comfy bed, good shower. microwave, little fridge, wet bar.small flatscreen, very nice room. thoroughly fine room.
Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I just got home from a 2 night Valentines Day weekend stay at the Belltown Inn in Seattle. Before we went, we researched this hotel and I was wary of it because of the reviews that preceded mine. However, I decided to write my own to clear up what I think is right...

First off: Location. Everything is in walking distance! I absolutely love this about the Belltown Inn. Walkability to major sites, coffee shops, restaurants and shopping is big for me and this place was at the heart of it. Yes, it is located in the city core which means there will be degenerates walking down the street. But like previous reviewers have said, they are completely harmless and you will ALWAYS find people like that in cities around the world! Within our first 10 minutes walking around, we were offered magic mushrooms by someone across the street. We politely declined, had a bit of a laugh and kept going. If these people frighten you, then do not go to a city. Stay in the country.

Second: Hotel Premises. Clean and tidy is what we value as a young couple and our room was very nicely laid out despite the retro 90's decor. When we travel we don't spend a lot of time in our room of course. We need it to be clean and organized and ours was just that. Mini fridge, microwave, sink. I did not see a hot plate in case you were wondering. Super small television, but for a 2 night stay, who really cares if it's tiny? We were there to see Seattle, not watch tv all day. Comfy firm bed, despite what some people have reviewed here. Clean sheets, bathroom, shower, abundance of towels and sheets. Extra pillows in closet a plus. Beware girls: ancient hair dryer and no counter in the bathroom. Just edge of sink for toiletries. But it worked. And i am a girly girl with two make up bags!

Third: Atmosphere. Check In staff were kind and sincere, not overly friendly or fake, or rude which was nice, contrary to reviews I read here. The elevator was quick and efficient each time, did not take forever, as previously mentioned by some reviewers. Maybe they have resolved that issue. Here's what may be big for some though: noisy. Paper thin walls. On Friday and Saturday nights we heard babies crying, people getting it on (you know what i mean), and people coming back from partying being loud and obnoxious. This did not bother us as we were awake anyway, coming home from a night out ourselves. We just turned up our tv and everything settled down by 3am. Of course if you are like us, and going to be out anyway on the weekend, this kind of noise is understandable. If you are elderly or on a business trip, I would not recommend staying here on a weekend. Our room faced the inner courtyard, not the street. Also we did not hear any cars, ambulances, street noise, etc.

Four: Parking. The lot that the Belltown Inn uses for guest parking is NOT two blocks away, as complained about by some reviewers. It is across the street. Not even a 20 second walk. If you struggle with carrying a suitcase or overnight bag across a crosswalk and up to your room, you probably should not have packed so much....it is also $18 per day which isn't too bad.

All in all, it's a comfy little place in a perfect spot. Can't get any better than an 8 minute walk to Pike Place Market! Cozy for a weekend getaway but not much more than that. I would stay there again if I found a cheap deal, but next time would try a chain hotel as they have the luxury and comforts included with them such as large tv's, large bathrooms, fluffier pillows, etc.

• Stayed February 2013
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here New Years Eve based on good location between Seattle Center (midnight fireworks display) and downtown (everything else) and the reasonable cost. The room was clean and comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Since we were there for a holiday, bus noise the next morning was not an issue but you may want to ask for a room away from 3rd Ave if you're staying on a weekday and want to sleep in.

Charge for WiFi.

Room Tip: Rooms away from 3rd Ave should be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My name is Mary...On the weekend of December 15-17th I stayed at the Belltown Inn with my daughter and 2 of her friends...It has taken me a long time to write this but I have to say that it was THE BEST STAY I HAVE HAD AT A HOTEL IN YEARS...the closeness of everything was soooo amazing...we parked her car when we got there and didn't get back in it until it was time to leave...the view of the Space Needle from the rooftop was awesome...room was very clean and they even gave us extra popcorn ...I plan on coming back and will definitely plan my trip around the availability of the room we stayed in...Thank You Belltown Inn, made my year

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what view you have ... can see Space Needle from rooftop...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at Belltown Inn for 1 night on New Years Eve. We liked it because it is so close to Pike Place Market and other attractions. The room was clean, warm, and perfect because we just wanted a bed to sleep on. We knew that we would spend very little time in our room so the Inn was perfect for us for the night. There aren't many amenities but the location is worth the price!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor by the street, good thing i had ear plugs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Redlands, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We had a couple of days to visit Seattle for the first time. I was looking for something that wasn't fancy or expensive but would give us easy access to Seattle's attractions. The Belltown Inn provided what we wanted and more than we had hoped for. The location was great - easily accessed from SeaTac and within walking distance to almost all of Seattle's tourist attractions (Pioneer Town and the stadiums are a little far to walk but public transportation is excellent and inexpensive). The staff was friendly and helpful, giving us suggestions that were always spot on and handling a minor problem quickly and happily. The whole place was very clean and comfortable (none of the odd, slightly off smells I've experienced in much more expensive places). Good food is abundant within a few blocks (well, the breakfasts we had were just okay). There aren't a lot of the typical amenities, but we weren't looking for a spa or a place to do business, and they do have bikes. The business center gave us free access to the internet and to print our boarding passes for the return trip. However, the rooms ARE small. The desk could have been repositioned to make the room more functional. Even one child would have made it too crowded. The bathroom was also very small with little counter space and the blowdryer was inadequate (we saw later that you can get a blowdryer from the desk - I'd try it). But we weren't looking for luxury, we were looking for inexpensive, clean and comfortable and that is what we got. Some reviewers have complained about the neighborhood, which might be called funky and kind of hip. It's a city folks! We had no hassles from anyone and no panhandlers, though we did see a few people sleeping in building doorways. It's not perfect, but we will stay at the Belltown Inn again.

Room Tip: Inside courtyard room was pretty quiet - we had a corner, so only one neighbor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belltown Inn? Share your experiences!