“Forget That It's Part of a Chain--Always Great” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille-Seattle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 3,488 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University
Description: Whether you're seeking a relaxed setting for lunch, a gracious atmosphere for dinner, or a festive and elegant venue for your most special occasions, The Capital Grille will provide a dining experience you won't soon forget. Local, seasonal ingredients, the freshest seafood Seattle has to offer, and hand cut dry aged steaks masterfully prepared, all served in the sophisticated environment of the historic Cobb Building.Join us, won't you?
Oak Park, IL
“Forget That It's Part of a Chain--Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think I will call this past weekend my "weekend of the Capital Grille" for reasons that will become clear.

I was in Seattle for business, but met up with a cousin for lunch during my trip. As she was reluctant to navigate too many of the downtown Seattle hills, we walked from the Sheraton to the point at which a steep descent begins--and there, at the corner, stands the Capital Grille, so we decided to dine there.

We had a terrific lunch. The tables aren't too close together, allowing for conversation; the service is friendly and appropriately attentive (starting with the people at the front door); the food is of high quality and consistently wonderful. I had the lobster salad; my cousin had the multi-course special lunch with soup and an entree of scallops. We both ordered dessert: I had the berries with vanilla cream (delicious), and she had a chocolate mousse-style pie. I'm not a fan of big chains, but somehow this one manages to be consistently excellent every time.

I will also write a review of the Capital Grille near O'Hare Airport in Chicago, as that is where my husband and I dined when I flew home from Seattle the next day!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“OMG !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

this past week my Boyfriend and I wanted to get a good steak while we were down in Seattle so we decided to wander on down to Capital Grille.We must have gotten there at the best time because we were able to get a small table by the Jimmy Hendrix Portrait .they started us off with some bread and omg !!! the first bread we had sweet onions on top of it and it was just Delicious .Then we started off with a calamari and let me just say if you plan on having a steak do not order this as it is so very filling on it's own and the portion is just huge.I had the Fillet Oscar and my bf had the porterhouse steak we also ordered a side of creamed spinach and a side of mashed potatoes.The steaks were grilled to perfection and were so very flavorful and tender the sides were just perfect for this meal although we were unable to finish the sides as they give you so much(sides cost extra$$).By the time were were done dinner we were far too stuffed to even consider desert so we decided to grab the bill and walk back to our hotel . I highly recommend this place specially if you are coming with a spouse .

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a bite before a show at the 5th Ave. The place was busy, but we got a table right away. Despite getting sat quickly, service was slow and harried...as if my wife were more interloper than customer. Table was very small, ensuring libary of various oversized menus could not be managed or enjoyed comfortably. Ordered a split of nice wine only to be told it wasn't available until December...really? Stayed with appies and salads. Cobb salad and side lobster mac and cheese were both very Treated ourselves to coconut cream pie for desert...we were really looking foreward to it having enjoyed it befor...it was awful. All in all, won't go back here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Always the same, but always very good !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

In front of the Fairmont, we had a beautiful diner with friends. At Capital Grill, you are not hoping for something special. Just the same quality all over the US. And it is always the case.

Visited October 2012
Gosford,Australia
“Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were in Seattle in September I can honestly say that our experience was absolutely wonderful you get the feeling you are in a 5 star setting with a very reasonable price.the steak was cooked to perfection the service was exceptional all I can say is you will not be disappointed.the decor is very soothing and a picture please try I am sure you will enjoy the atmosphere and the food.

• Visited September 2012