“Great place to visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pike Place Market

Pike Place Market
Between Pike and Pine sts. at First Ave., Seattle, WA 98101 (Downtown)
206-682-7453

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year.
St Louis
41 attraction reviews
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We started our visit early in the morning and watched the shops set up. We were able to experience amazing food with short lines and first row views of the famous fish throwing. The only negative is the amount of "bums" hanging out and smoking pot.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“A Culinary Adventure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had done my homework and knew we needed to hit this place before we left Seattle. There are all kinds of booths with different vendors, people playing guitars and singing here and there, the Gum Wall, which was just too funny. I mean, how many people put their gum on that wall. Mind boggling! Hint: don't eat before you go! I wish we hadn't and just stopped at different vendors and snacked as we walked around! It's a big mistake to go full when you could try a multitude of ethnic foods. We did buy a bunch of fresh fish, but for more on that, you'll have to see my review of City Fish Company! It's worth the stop, give yourself at least 2 hours, that's all we spent because we had to drive to Vancouver that day, and we got alot in, but not everything by far! We picked up some Ghost Pepper sauce that was $10 a bottle, but since we had to wait for the guy to come back, he gave us 2 bottles for $10, so know that you have bargaining power with the vendors!!

Visited February 2013
Silverdale, WA
4 attraction reviews
“Fun destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I always bring visitors to Pike Place Market if their visit is long enough to do so. So much to see, color and activities and I think it puts a smile on any visit to Seattle. Love all the fresh produce and flowers and the Great Wind UP!

Visited October 2012
Hoover
20 attraction reviews
“Great Place to Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited the Market for the first time in January. It was during the week so it wasn't quite as busy as it likely is on the weekends. It was fun to walk around and see the wide variety of fish, flowers, vegetables and craft type items. Vendors are extremely friendly and knowledgable. Don't forget to go downstairs and see some of the shops below.

Visited January 2013
Bountiful, Utah, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was expecting an upscale market. I should have read more about it before I went then maybe I wouldn't have been so disappointed. It was very dirty and run down. The shops were all the same and full of junk. The flowers were pretty but not priced at discount. It was smelly. The bathrooms were horrible. I will not ever be going back here.

Visited October 2012