“A Culinary Adventure!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pike Place Market

Pike Place Market
Between Pike and Pine sts. at First Ave., Seattle, WA 98101 (Downtown)
206-682-7453
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year.
Houston, Texas
20 attraction reviews
“A Culinary Adventure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had done my homework and knew we needed to hit this place before we left Seattle. There are all kinds of booths with different vendors, people playing guitars and singing here and there, the Gum Wall, which was just too funny. I mean, how many people put their gum on that wall. Mind boggling! Hint: don't eat before you go! I wish we hadn't and just stopped at different vendors and snacked as we walked around! It's a big mistake to go full when you could try a multitude of ethnic foods. We did buy a bunch of fresh fish, but for more on that, you'll have to see my review of City Fish Company! It's worth the stop, give yourself at least 2 hours, that's all we spent because we had to drive to Vancouver that day, and we got alot in, but not everything by far! We picked up some Ghost Pepper sauce that was $10 a bottle, but since we had to wait for the guy to come back, he gave us 2 bottles for $10, so know that you have bargaining power with the vendors!!

Visited February 2013

Silverdale, WA
4 attraction reviews
“Fun destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I always bring visitors to Pike Place Market if their visit is long enough to do so. So much to see, color and activities and I think it puts a smile on any visit to Seattle. Love all the fresh produce and flowers and the Great Wind UP!

Visited October 2012
Hoover
22 attraction reviews
“Great Place to Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I visited the Market for the first time in January. It was during the week so it wasn't quite as busy as it likely is on the weekends. It was fun to walk around and see the wide variety of fish, flowers, vegetables and craft type items. Vendors are extremely friendly and knowledgable. Don't forget to go downstairs and see some of the shops below.

Visited January 2013
Bountiful, Utah, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was expecting an upscale market. I should have read more about it before I went then maybe I wouldn't have been so disappointed. It was very dirty and run down. The shops were all the same and full of junk. The flowers were pretty but not priced at discount. It was smelly. The bathrooms were horrible. I will not ever be going back here.

Visited October 2012
Spanish Fork, Utah
17 attraction reviews
“Favorite place in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you don't go to Pike Place Market while you're in Seattle, then you really haven't been to Seattle.

I like to go in the morning, when vendors are setting up and breakfast is being served. By the time I'm done eating breakfast, the vendors have their wares out and I'm ready to shop and eat my way through the market.

Stop by the original Starbucks, but be prepared to wait as it's a popular place. Get a mug or gift card there, because they have styles that are available only at that store.

Catch a performance by a street performer. Watch out for flying fish.

Visited February 2013