“Not worth it.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pike Place Market

Pike Place Market
Between Pike and Pine sts. at First Ave., Seattle, WA 98101 (Downtown)
206-682-7453
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year.
Bountiful, Utah, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was expecting an upscale market. I should have read more about it before I went then maybe I wouldn't have been so disappointed. It was very dirty and run down. The shops were all the same and full of junk. The flowers were pretty but not priced at discount. It was smelly. The bathrooms were horrible. I will not ever be going back here.

Visited October 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Spanish Fork, Utah
17 attraction reviews
“Favorite place in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you don't go to Pike Place Market while you're in Seattle, then you really haven't been to Seattle.

I like to go in the morning, when vendors are setting up and breakfast is being served. By the time I'm done eating breakfast, the vendors have their wares out and I'm ready to shop and eat my way through the market.

Stop by the original Starbucks, but be prepared to wait as it's a popular place. Get a mug or gift card there, because they have styles that are available only at that store.

Catch a performance by a street performer. Watch out for flying fish.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver
8 attraction reviews
“Very cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been to Granville island in vancouver and this is smaller and a little harder to navigate but the feel is similar. The location is great. Don't forget to pop across the street to the original Starbucks.

Visited March 2012
Boise, Idaho
22 attraction reviews
“Never stop loving this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Good food, nice people and lots to see, do and taste. Weird wacky such a great place. I go there every time I can.

Visited December 2012
Greer, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
“Always a good show, full of interesting people and great smells and sounds!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I go to Pike Place Market nearly every time I visit Seattle. I love seeing what the vendors are selling and I usually buy something tasty to take home. Pike Fish Market and the Brewery are my favorites, but there are many other fine vendors in the market.

Visited January 2013