“Central Location and Quiet Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

The Roosevelt A Coast Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1531 7th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Ranked #39 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Cincinnati, OH
“Central Location and Quiet Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Roosevelt was a great night's stay for my first night in Seattle! The key benefit is it's location: close to public transportation (Link Light Rail, bus station and monorail) - no need for a car. It's also located near shopping, restaurants and tourist attractions. The hotel is a renovated older building, with all the updates needed for an overnight. The room was an efficient use of space with comfortable bedding and essentials for the bathroom. The basic continental breakfast was a nice start to the morning. I also utilized the baggage check while exploring the area before my next destination and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, a great stay in downtown Seattle and I would return.

Room Tip: When making my reservation I requested a higher floor room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt A Coast Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Roosevelt Hotel! We are pleased you found our location, guest rooms, breakfast and helpful staff ideal! We appreciate you choosing our hotel and can't wait to see you again!

709 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed only one night but this hotel was in the thick of things yet quaint and quiet. It is directly across from a large shopping complex and only steps from several good restaurants. It was also about $50 per night cheaper than everything else we looked at and seemed much nicer than a 3.5 star.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We came to Seattle because our room mate was going through a transplant at one of the local mega hospitals. Tired and having been up for over 20 hours, my other half and myself booked a room here.

We lucked out and the lady checking us in was very nice as well. We ended up getting a room on the 16th floor overlooking Pike Street. We could even see the Pike Place Market sign from our room. Everything was very clean, very nice looking and also very comfortable.

The only bad thing about the entire visit was the shower. The first morning we got into the shower, a few minutes in we ended up getting sprayed with a burst of scalding hot water. This repeated on a near regular basis for the entire length of the shower.

Other than that, it was a very nice stay and I would come here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manassas, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here on business. Parking in the garage is $29 a day. The employees were nice and helpful. My room was clean and was larger than your typical hotel room. There were several yellow spots on the ceiling in the bathroom. Some were even spongy. (water damage) The workout room was small and seemed over crowded with 4 people in it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Roosevelt Hotel! We appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing them with our staff to improve our hotel upon your next visit! Thank you for your review!
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We travel to Seattle every year and we tried many hotels. This year we stayed in Roosevelt for a week.

Location is great. Room was large, good furnitured bud it looked quite old. Bathroom was big and we had jacuzzi. But we missed breakfast (some problems with their restaurant).

I think we could have nice stay, but...

I had problem with their system of cleaning. Everyday they gave us new set of cosmetics, even we barely used it. I wondered whether they do this every day in every room - what a terrible waste! And day before we left I was half through packing so I had some stuff on the floor around my luggage. And they throw away all empty bags (I need them to wrap some fragile things) and empty bottles from the table. They throw away my favourite reusable bottle... I know where garbage bin is and If I want something to throw away, I put it there, thank you.

Instead of throwing everything away they should focus on real cleaning. We had stains on the wall in bathroom. I know that wall is not usually cleaned but I can tell you that big brown stains especially around toilet don't look good at all. And on refrigerator I could capture fingerprints from previous guest.

And the staff? They didn't even say hello and when we said hello, they didn't even bother to reply. They just looked at us like we don't belong there. At check-out nobody asked how we liked it here.

So my conclusion? Next year we plan to spend a month in Seattle. And I assure you not in Roosevelt... I don't mind old furniture, I can live without hair dryer, I know worse stains from students housing but the behavior? From my experience worse hotel and great people are better than great hotel with worse people...
They acting like they don't want any guests. There you go...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt A Coast Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. We truly apologize for the items our housekeeping team mistook for items you were throwing away! We are also very disappointed to read your sentiments about our staff as they are not common. We hope you will visit us again in the future for a much more typical and friendly stay at The Roosevelt Hotel. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Fisrt time staying here for a visit with my wife. The room was a bit small but it was consistent with other reviews. The hotel was older but the rooms were great. Check-in was a breeze. Their website mentioned a robe and slippers, the robe was there, slippers were not (later found out slippers are included in larger rooms). No problem though, asked at front desk and they gave us a pair. A contenental breakfast was available in the lobby. The pillows were a bit flat but the bed was comfortable.
The service was great and a special thanks to Peter at the front desk for his attention to detail and hospitality.

We had originally reserved a car but the cost of parking it was higher than the daily car rental (35.00 + valet tip per day). We opted instead to take the light rail ($2.75 one way / ~30 minutes) from the airport which dropped us off 1 block from hotel (station was under Nordstroms). The light rail was safe and there was lots of police presence. A few days later, I took the light rail back to the airport to pick-up a rental car. Saved about $130.00 in rental/parking/hassle. The Pike Market and Space Needle was about six blocks. Walking was a breeze.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay! We're thrilled to read you enjoyed your visit and apologize you were not able to easily find your robe and slippers! We hope you will contact a member of our staff during your next visit to assist with any concerns immediately! Thank you for your comments about our service and location. We hope you will stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter until your next visit!
Mission, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Hotwire so you never know what you are going to get but the reviews were good so we took the plunge!
Arrived and had to wait 15 mins as there was only one attendant at the desk- was not awesome as we were pretty tired and had many parcels with us. The rooms were adequate at best- very small, even though it was just two of us. I really appreciate the old character of the building but from a functional perspective it was not as ideal as it could have been.

Breakfast was not spectacular but included- we opted to walk to Starbucks accross the street for coffee as what they had was not desirable.

The location was fantastic however- in the shipping hub and only 4 blocks from the pike market. We paid $30 for 24 hours of parking (nothing too surprising) but had we not got such a good deal on Hotwire and paid full price for our room for a Friday night we would have not been impressed.

Probably won't go back, would rather pay a but more and get more. Loved Seattle!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We are pleased to read you enjoyed our location and your time in Seattle. Thank you for your comments, they are important as they help us improve for future guests and your next visit! Thank you for choosing The Roosevelt Hotel!

Been to The Roosevelt A Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!