“The Roosevelt is one of my new Seattle favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cars Stay Free package!
Ranked #39 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Tacoma,WA
“The Roosevelt is one of my new Seattle favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

So we stayed here thanks to a Groupon getaway. Pretty much the same as one of the hotels stay and dine packages I think. I was pretty excited after seeing the great reviews on here. The Roosevelt delivered. First of all this place has the best location out of any of the Seattle Hotels I have stayed at. We did quite a bit and everything was within 2 blocks. It was great! We used the Valet with no issues. I will note most valets at least offer to help with bags and such which these ones didn’t. Not an issue for me, as I usually just get my own anyway. Check in was very friendly. We arrived prior to check in but was glad that a room was available. The check in staff even gave me a choice of several floors which I thought was a nice touch. We took the highest floor available.

We had a deluxe King Junior suite. Not a great view, but we were up high so that was nice. Overall, I was very impressed with the room. Large living area with sofa and desk, bed was comfortable, and a flat screen TV that rotates towards living area or the bed. The only downside to this hotel and their rooms are the bathrooms. Although I don’t book a room based on bathroom, I’m not going to lie, I was not impressed. Very small, the shower had a hard wide spray (not adjustable). I’m a tall guy so I am used to not having a spacious shower. Don’t look up at the vent above the shower, could be dust and stuff there from the 1980’s. It was gross looking. Anyway, as I stated, I don’t book on the bathroom, but for you picky travelers, I just wanted to note it. I am guessing had we upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite it would have been bigger. The room also had a small coffee pot and coffee and a separate sink area which is nice. This room is great, especially if you are going to spend any time in there. Many Seattle hotel rooms, you would get cabin fever due to small rooms, well, not the case here.

We had lunch at the attached Bar & restaurant called Vons. It was incredible. They had great food and a great beer and liquor selection. I was impressed and Vons is a must do in Seattle now. We used the dining credit for Il Fornaio which is right across the street in the mall. It was good and I will write separate reviews on the dining. Checkout was easy and quick and didn’t have to wait too long to pick up the car. As a side note, I did not experience slow elevators as other stated. Keep in mind, this is an old historic hotel and there are only two elevators, so not much can be done about that. Get a low floor if you are that picky about it. I was really impressed overall and the Roosevelt is one of our new favorite Seattle Hotels. It has great location, spacious room, friendly staff, and worked out great for us. I do a decent amount of traveling and also do some travel blogging. I can’t wait to share our experience with everyone. I hope they keep up with some of the specials such as Groupon and the Stay and Dine. Great opportunity for new fans like us!

One side note: hey Brandon, I would love to see the Roosevelt on Facebook and Twitter. I didn’t see anything except West coast hotels on Facebook. I also really like the emails you get ahead of time. No need to confirm when they remind you of the upcoming stay as well as a thank you email after you leave. Just a nice touch.

Room Tip: Go for the high up floor and hope for a view!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Poulsbo, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We like the Roosevelt for its great location. Very close to Paramount Theater...steps from shopping and good eateries. Bed was very comfortable and price point for rooms was good.

On the low score side is really poor water pressure, dated room finishings, and no mini bar or hotel consssion stand for sundries and/or snacks&water.

• Stayed February 2012
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
We’re happy you find our location in downtown Seattle convenient. Thank you for choosing to stay at The Roosevelt Hotel! Please share the room number of the guestroom you stayed in so we can address your comments.
San jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Roosevelt in as many years. We stayed there initially bcause it was one of the hotels who offered special rates to those attending the Northwest Flower & Garden Show. When we stayed last year my opinion was that it was just an ok place to stay. The room was quite small, but very clean. This year we booked there again for the flower show. When we arrived, we were quite surprised at the room. It had obviously been re-done recently. It was a mini-suite of sorts, with a sitting area with a sofa, chair, table & also a desk.The large flat screen television was set up to swivel towards either the sitting or sleeping rooms. Internet was free, and was easy to access. We had a king size bed, even though we had only booked a queen. The bathroom was well stocked with all essentials, although it was a bit small. One of the best things about this hotel is where it is located. It is just across & down 1/2 a block from the convention center. It is within easy walking distance from shopping, dining & the always entertaining Pike Place Market. Parking is a little on the steep side, but that is the case in every parking lot in the city. There is also a restaurant/bar "Vons" connected to the hotel & the food there is very good & well priced. We will choose this hotel over the larger, pricier big names anytime we visit Seattle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty to The Roosevelt! We’re extremely pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel fit the bill for us. Once parked, it's an easy walk (or dash through the rain) to stores, restaurants, theatres. We were here to meet friends for dinner and shop, but I'd stay here again to attend something at the Paramount Theatre, down the street. Our queen room was small but nicely updated with comfy bed, nice lighting and a tiny, very clean bathroom. It also had a working thermostat, which is a big plus in my books! The only downside was the cost of parking ($36 for a little over 24 hours), but for a room in the city I guess that's to be expected. Overall a nice stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
We’re glad you found our location convenient and rooms comfortable! Next time, try one of our packages, such as ‘Downtown. Stay. Park.’ which includes valet parking. Thanks for choosing to stay at The Roosevelt!
Toronto Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

A very well maintained and friendly hotel. The room was large, the bathroom small, but not a problem. My room had a sitting area, large screen TV, coffee maker and robe and slippers. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet at night - altogether it was a great stay. The location is perfect for shopping, walking to the SAM and the market. Buses are free in a downtown area. I also had a restaurant voucher for IL Fornaio (in Pacific Place Mall, across the street) and had a lovely lunch there. I would return to both the hotel and this restaurant

Room Tip: I had a corner suite so it was bright - there are blackout curtains though. Some street noise on the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review of our hotel, we appreciate you choosing to stay at The Roosevelt during your time in Seattle!
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our stay was part of a "night on the town" package that included valet parking and a voucher towards a meal at nearby restaurants and as such represented good value - the hotel frequently has such offers on their website.

Access is easy and the valet parking convenient. Check-in was very smooth and professional.

For an older, downtown, hotel our room wasn't a bad size with separate sitting area apart from the bed space. Decor was generally in good order and both the bed and linens were of high quality. The room was very quiet even though we were only steps from the elevator, and there was no street noise at all.

Slight niggles: some nooks and crannies suggested that cleaning hadn't been quite as thorough as one might hope - dust on top of a few less commonly seen horizontal surfaces. The tea/coffee service was incomplete with several choices of sugar and sweetener but no creamer.

The bar was packed to the gills on a Saturday evening and we had no chance to try their martini selection. The food vouchers did not include the hotels own restaurant, so we had breakfast elsewhere and had no chance to try the kitchen.

All in all a pleasant and comfortable stay, with a particular nod to helpful and professional desk staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less street noise
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
We’re happy you enjoyed your Downtown.Stay.Dine. package and our desk staff! Please share the room number you stayed in so we can address your comments. We’ll be sure to share your positive experience with the front desk, thank you for reviewing our hotel!
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We had a king room, not much deluxe about it. It was small, as expected, but comfortable. Nice central location for walking just about anywhere downtown. We found a a great little tapas place a few blocks away across the freeway. Room was clean, bed very comfortable, room pretty quiet. We would stay there again, but would spring for a larger room if for the two of us. Room is spacious for one. Tub not very big, but quite deep. Only complaint is that the handles on the sink are difficult to use if your hands are slippery; there is nothing to grab on to, just a little "c" shape that your finger fits into.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review The Roosevelt. We appreciate your time and hope to see you again during your next trip to Seattle!

Been to The Roosevelt Hotel? Share your experiences!