“Hotel Max is where its at” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Max
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   620 Stewart Street, Seattle, WA 98101 (Belltown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% on Trip Advisor!
Ranked #36 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
St. Croix
“Hotel Max is where its at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Fantastic service at this little Hotel. Within walking distance of everywhere we needed to go. Parking easy. Nice upgrades, super comfy beds, free micro brew happy hour a major plus! Will go back again!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sedro Wooley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Needed a hotel close to convention center for a conference. Good value. Great staff, such a fun decor. Small bathroom but we knew that going in. More important to have comfortable beds (yes!), great service (yes!), valet parking that lasted the full day for our conference (yes!).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

great valet
great restaurant
great style
great everything

we will totally be staying here again - it was a great little getaway!!!!!!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location, super friendly staff and reasonably priced. Rooms a bit small and the views left some to be desired but an excellent value overall. Free microbrews in the lobby every day? Absolutely. Very hip

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here while on business, and I was not impressed. The hotel markets itself as a hip hotel. However, that zip only exists in the lobby.

The rooms are small for the price, with even smaller bathrooms. They have stand up showers which were great for practicing my yoga. I mean, I'm only 5ft 4in, and I had to be creative while trying to wash my hair. In fact when I tried to shave my legs, well, let's just say I learned how flexible I can be in the shower.

For the cost, there are better options.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hello there Amy!
Thank so much for staying with us on your recent business trip to Seattle. Furthermore, thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. While we loved hearing your comments about our newly redesigned lobby we were disheartened to hear that you didn't enjoy your overall stay. We know our rooms and bathrooms are smaller than the more traditional "cookie-cutter" hotels you can find in the city. It's one of the elements that makes us who we are. Secondly, we believe we do a good job being upfront and honest about this. We've named our room categories Mini, Classic and Max as well as updating the description to note a split shower and bathroom. Ultimately, I'm sorry you didn't see these changes when booking as I feel you might have helped in making your travel decisions a little easier.
Again, thanks for giving us a chance we wish you safe and adventurous travels in the future.
Cheers,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel Max was very cool, a unique stay! Whilst the rooms are small, especially the bathrooms, Hotel Max makes up for that with it's quirky little touches, such as the record player and records in the room as well as the free Local Craft Beer tasting each night. Beds were also super comfortable.

Staff were nice and efficient. Location is also good, it's an easy 5 minute walk from the main train station which connects through to the airport train (which gets kudos for being very cheap!)

All considered, it was a great price as well. Glad they didn't go the route of charging an extra premium for the "artsy" side of thing!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Hey there MelbsTravelGal!
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your story with TripAdvisor. We loved hearing from you and truly appreciate your feedback in regards to our quirky little touches. We couldn't agree more and think that these thoughtfully curated amenities are what make the Max different and special.
Also, glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary craft beer hour and found our team to be friendly and efficient.
Again, thanks for staying with us and we believe art and music should be enjoyed, loved by all and free of charge.
See you soon!
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Max for a business trip for 5 nights. My initial room didn't quite match what I made my reservation for, but it was a minimal difference. It was just too small, even for just one person. So I was able to change the next morning, upgrading (at a price) to a larger room which was much more comfortable for me. The staff are hipsters, very friendly and polite. I emailed in advance of my arrival, trying to glean a ride from the airport to the hotel. The staff member who answered, very promptly, mentioned the light rail or a taxi. I found, through another source, a ride-share van (Shuttle Express) that was moderate in price and convenient. FYI. The housekeeper did a great job one morning, no job another morning (the room tag seemed to have flipped around on my door handle so she/he probably thought I didn't want any when I did) and a so-so job the day before I left--forgot washcloths, bath mat and a coffee mug. For a downtown gig, it would be good to tighten this up. If you're okay with tight quarters, like the boutique style in a hotel, and can hang with lots of street noise, the Hotel Max is for you. I liked it but didn't love it so I don't know if I'll return.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Hey there 562LizD562!
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent business trip to Seattle and for taking a moment to share your story. While I'm elated to hear that we were able to find you a suitable room for your extended stay and that you found our Front Desk team friendly and polite you are completely correct about the lapses in Housekeeping service. This is unacceptable and I take full responsibility for the oversight. Additionally, I thank you for bringing these inconsistencies to light as it only helps us improve upon the product and service provided. Please know that I've located your reservation details and am having our Executive Housekeeper investigate and speak with the different Housekeepers that were responsible for your quarters. Rest assured that this will not happen again.
Again, thank you so much for choosing the Max and for providing us with some constructive criticism. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back and if you do decide to stay with us again please don't hesitate to reach out to me as I would be happy to oversee your reservation.
Cheers,
kevin.scott@hotelmaxseattle.com

Been to Hotel Max? Share your experiences!