“Nice hotel, but rooms lack the W feeling” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #60 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice hotel, but rooms lack the W feeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was a little nervous about this hotel after reading some other reviewers comments about the service, but we had no problems with it. In fact, everyone we encountered was super nice and helpful.

This hotel is nice, clean and in a great location (a couple blocks from the train station and bus stops). My only complaint would be that the decor of the rooms felt a lot more like a Sheraton than a W. It just lacked the style I expect from a W. The lounge definitely has the W feel, just not the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
tomlim, General Manager at W Seattle, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback. We certainly appreciate your insights and will be sure to share them with the appropriate people. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back!

tl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great hotel. Clean and comfortable room and beds. Great Bliss products. Wonderful location right near Pikes Market and all other things downtown. I would recommend the hotel to a friend and stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for providing feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the hotel clean and that you enjoyed the Bliss amenities. If your travels bring you back to Seattle we hope to have the opportunity to once again welcome you!

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Loved the Hotel, loved the room ... the lounge in the foyer was so nice to have a drink and the sushi at the Restaurant was devine ... a fantastic experience overall in a great location.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the bar and the sushi and the overall experience. We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We love it here. So much, in fact, that we just had our 10th stay. We wouldn't have known it if the friendly man at the desk hadn't congratulated us upon check-in. He even gave us two complimentary drink coupons to mark the occasion—classy move. This set the tone for the rest of our weekend, which was equally lovely. W never disappoints.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
tomlim, General Manager at W Seattle, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. And congratulations on your 10th stay with us! We are delighted to hear that the Talent recognized this and made your visit even more special. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I arrived early and was able to check-in early. The hotel recognized my SPG status and offered the appropriate amenities for the duration of my stay. Reception staff were professional and quick – I was off to my room in less than five minutes after walking in the hotel.

My first impression of the room was it was underwhelming. I’ve never stayed at a W Hotel before but thought there would be more pizzazz in the room. With the exception of a few W Hotel branding nick-nacks, the room could have been any other hotel in Seattle, or the world for that matter. The rooms did not have blackout shades, only blinds. The rooms should be refurbished as some of the furniture was tired looking. And, the hotel should consider upgrading the TVs in the room too. Aside from that – the room was clean, the bathroom, while small, was adequate (the water pressure could be stronger though, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom amenities were Bliss. Beware of the Smartwater in the bathroom that has a “DRINK UP” tag, it’s actually $4!

Some of the facilities I visited at the hotel were the bar/lobby area for light fare, the gym, and business center. I wasn’t too keen on the selection of the bar fare in the lobby, but the food I ordered was tasty (being that this is a hotel, the menu was priced competitively). Gym was open at midnight, so probably is available 24-hours a day with your room key. The business center was closed when I needed to print my boarding pass, but the Reception Desk handled it for me instead.

Every time I had a request, staff was prompt responding (after I got ahold of someone). Sometimes the phones went unanswered so I had to try a few times to get assistance. The bar/lobby lounge attendants are attentive.

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Seattle. You’re close to shopping, restaurants, and Pike’s Public Market. The Seattle Public Library is next door too. There’s coffee shops all over the place – what do you expect, it’s Seattle!—Starbucks is across the street. The hotel offers coffee in the morning in the lobby (I didn’t find any coffee-making appliances in my room).

Last thoughts –the W Hotel is a solid place to stay, although the rooms are a bit plain. There’s probably a charge for wired/wireless internet but I don’t know how much. If you want to save a little bit of money coming into the city from SEA-TAC airport, take the SoundTransit light rail. It’s $2.75 per person, one-way. Get off at University Street station (second to last stop) and the hotel is a block away – très convenient!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was in Seattle for my best friends wedding and staying at The W for a week. I usually always stay at W or Starwoods hotels as I am an SPG member.

Upon arrival, I had requested a very early check-in as we were arriving from Asia and had just had a very long 18 hour flight. We had a super quick check-in and even at 8am our room was ready and they were kind enough to upgrade us, this was really great as we were exhausted!

The room was spacious and clean and of course with my favorite Bliss products :). This is for sure one of the W's older properties but it still has the same modern look, fantastic service, and great amenities that we are used to. We were always greeted by extremely friendly staff and had amazing room service for breakfast daily.

I was also in charge of planning a last minute pre-dinner cocktail hour for the bride-to-be on her Bachelorette night. I had amazing help from the W bar staff and the entire bridal party enjoyed some bubbly before heading out, can't thank the staff enough for helping me make this happen!

My only down side was I feel the parking at USD$55 per day is really expensive. We drove a lot so we did need a car and were at the mercy of having to park at The W and this was a bummer that it was super expensive. Maybe lower that as our entire week of parking really did add up.

Other than that, another great W stay and I will be staying again in their NYC hotel in May :).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate your early arrival and room upgrade and that you and your group had an amazing time! We will be sure to share your feedback with our Talent. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to Seattle that we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again.

bakersfield, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel by far exceeded my expectation!!! First thing... location... Its in the heart of downtown seattle near pikes market, the football/baseball stadiums, lots of shopping, and everything else downtown, no need to rent a car... We took the light link rail from the airport directly to the hotel and it dropped us off 1 block away from the hotel.. Awesome!!
As for the hotel itself, customer service was outstanding!!! (Huge shout out to Bryant the conseirge, and bigger shout out to Molly the manager of Trace lounge/restnt, she did everything she could to make our stay great, she sent up strawberries and champagne, which was a nice surprise to an already fabulous trip... The staff were efficient, knew seattle very well, were accommodating, and extremely friendly. Being from California, it was nice to see such warm friendly people.... The hotel and the rooms were extremely clean and modern, especially the bathroom. My husband and I were enjoying our 2nd mini honeymoon and had never been to seattle and the staff made our stay so memorable... If you are considering going to seattle, which you should, definitely stay here, you will not regret it!! :0)

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor, in a corner suite, and it was quiet the whole 4 days we were there, and...