“A Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Special Offer
Please Your Palate Promo!
Ranked #9 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Kelowna, Canada
“A Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

It was our first stay here and with the special rate promotion that was being held in conjunction with the Flower & Garden show, we decided to give it a try. We had a corner room with a king and it was more spacious than the other rooms. The beds were super comfy and the pillow selections were a nice touch along with the nightly turn down service. Although we were very close to the elevator, it was very quiet. A pleasant surprise was the "Happy Wine Hour" in the lobby. The 1st evening was hosted by a rep. from the winery who poured very small samples but had a wine story to tell when asked. The following 2 evenings were hosted by Lane, from the front desk, and were a lot of fun along with other guests that we met there. The morning coffee service was appreciated especially having real cups to drink from and being able to snuggle up to the lobby fireplace to read the many free newspapers. The location was great as we walked everywhere including the Key Arena (a good hike) and the Convention Centre. We did not try the restaurant but heard others say it was good. Staff are very attentive and welcoming you back each time you return. A very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

Stayed here for business on recommendation of a local. Outstanding service, clean rooms, and a great location. Not to mention the reading room with the fireplace was great on a cold, snowy day!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Port Townsend
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Vintage Park one night while she attended the Flower and Garden show. This our favorite hotel in Seattle. The first thing I always notice is how friendly and attentive the staff is. The rooms are small (it is an old hotel) but nicely decorated. The beds are comfortable and pillows great.

The Vintage Park is located in the center of the downtown near the Washington State Convention Center and Pacific Place. Their on-site restaurant, Tulio, is always good. We went their for breakfast and again, friendly and helpful staff.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We are long time repeat guests of the Vintage Park, but I think some things about the hotel are falling off. The good things first - the location is perfect. The hotel is charming. The corner king bedroom is spacious. Room rates are good during off season (winter).

However, on my last visit, a few things have finally caused me to decide that the next time I'll try the Fairmont, even though it is a bit more expensive. Staff - front desk is friendly, but the valet/bell guys, food servers and people pouring the wine during wine hour did not seem to enjoy their jobs (or the guests), which leads me to wonder how the hotel management treats its staff.

The wine hour at 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm is a nice idea but it is too crowded for such a small lobby. When we got there at 5:30 pm, the person pouring the wine was running out of glasses, seemed frustrated, and didn't tell us a word about the wine, just asked us if we wanted "red or white" and offered us a tiny pour - no more than I would get if I were tasting wine in Napa. The next day, we got there at 5:25 pm and again there were no glasses with no indication they were going to get more. We took a pass on the free wine hour and just went over to Purple Cafe and Wine Bar for a delightful flight of wines. Even though we had to pay for the flight of wine, it was less hassle and much more relaxing than the free wine hour at the Vintage Park.

The temperature control in our room was not working the first night. At first we thought it was just stuck on 70 degrees. It was not until the middle of the night with a stuffy sleep that we realized the AC wasn't working at all. We called the front desk the next day and they did send someone up to fix it, but we still thought the temp control was very difficult to operate (and we aren't idiots).

The bed, for the first time, felt like it was slightly sagging. It is time for VP to replace some beds. The comforter is very lightweight and kind of flimsy and feels like a sheet. I like a little more weight when I sleep - and extra blanket would be nice, but they do not provide any in the closet.

The bathrooms are exceptionally tiny. Two people cannot be there at the same time. This has always been the case and yes, I knew this and even came back several times a year. This time, combined with all the other issues, made me say, enough is enough.

The drawer space is miniscule. There are not enough hangers in the closet. For two people, there just isn't enough, and you end up having to keep many items in your luggage. Again, this has always been the case, but enough is enough.

Here is another issue that I have noticed before, and I don't know why a high end hotel can't fix this. This issue however, has gotten worse, in my opinion. Vintage Park provides a coffee service early in the morning. That is very good and we like it. However, I prefer my drink coffee with half n half and the pitcher of half n half is ALWAYS empty by 7:00 am or so. No effort is ever made to refill it, even when asked. I asked for it to be refilled on my last stay and my request was ignored.

The overnight parking fee is high - currently $34. Factor that into your room rate. The Fairmont charges a lower fee.

This has been a great hotel, but I really think some things about it have fallen off. There is less effort now than a few years ago to really cater to the guests. We are returning to Seattle in a couple of months, but I will try the Fairmont for a change.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Clean, fun rooms combined with fun staff, wine tastings at happy hour and perfect location. Walking distance to all downtown core venues.
Dog friendliness was super fun!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

The Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle WA is one of the best hotels in the entire city. My husband and I are extremely fond of Dogs and Wine which are two things that the hotel is does very well. Even if you are not particularly fond of dogs or wine, this would still be a fantastic place to stay because the staff takes care of each and every guest just the way YOU want to be treated. The decore gives you a feeling of elegance and the comforts of home.We have stayed here numerous times over the years and it never dissapoints. Walk to Pikes Place Market, Seattle Art Museum and many other great downtown venues and events.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

After my bad experience at the Edgewater in Seattle I was still a bit shock and was hopping to have a better welcome to this hotel
I arrive around 6 30 PM after a whole day meeting and ready to Leave to San Francisco early morning as soon as I get in I was treated as royalty, The Check in a breeze and the wonderful lady’s at the Front desk could not make me more welcome, They ask me how was my trip so far and I explain briefly how I was hurt by the rude service I received at the Edgewater the night before
She told me let me I was on the 9 Floor but she offer me the 11 floor there was a cocktail reception in the lobby to all guest.
I was so Exhausted I just decide to get to the Room and get ready for Dinner
When I open the Door She add upgrade me to the best suite ever, huge living room fire place, fantastic view on Seattle Convention Center working studio, Crazy Bathroom with Jacuzzi... Great bed with Baldaquin other fire place flat TV and all
I just get back down to Thank-her for the fantastic upgrade.

I try to get to the Downtown core to buy her a great box of Chocolate but Seattle is not very alive on a monday night in the Downtown core
I did not find any restaurant thickeling my fancy so I get back to the Hotel where I get to the Italian theme restaurant
The service was so outstanding the foods more then acceptable, beet salad on Goat cheese, lambs and chocolate dessert, I send two of the chocolate dessert to the front desk as a Thank-You note
There is no Coffee make in the room but a coffee & tea station is instal in the lobby in the morning
I order a city car to get to the Airport and this was so easy

Thank-You to all at the Vintage hotel to make my stay so wonderful

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!