“Nice weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
“Nice weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Vintage Park Hotel rememberance day long weekend. The room was an average hotel room a little worn but clean and on the upside very spacious. It was quiet we had a good view. The evening wine reception in the lobby was a super nice added touch. My only complaint is there is no in room coffee maker, they do have fresh brewed coffee in the lobby but you have to leave your room for it. That is the only downside and the cost of parking but that is a result of the city and not really a reflection of the hotel. Also, the staff were great.

• Stayed November 2013
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
In Seattle, we understand the importance of coffee in the morning. Just let a front desk agent know at check in that you'd like a coffee maker, and it will be in the room before you know it! And you're right about downtown parking, have you checked out the LINK Light Rail yet? We love it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Costa Mesa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Of all the places I’ve stayed in Seattle, Hotel Vintage Park is my favorite in terms of quality for the money. I’ve been here often enough that I recognize the front desk staff (and vice versa) and enjoy conversing about what’s going on in the city at the time. I like the environmentally friendly policy (no need to clean everything every day), and the staff is accepting of my requests not to have my room made up during my stay (usually 3 or 4 nights). For three years running I even managed to book the exact room I requested. If the concierge is not in the lobby, any of the staff are happy to help check bus routes or museum hours for me on-line. [Disclosure: I am a Kimpton In Touch member]

Following are some notes for your consideration:
* Low number rooms are nearest to the elevator.
* The west (5th) and south (Spring) sides of the hotel face streets; 5th typically has more traffic.
* The “fitness” center is pretty small.
* The hotel is across the street from the library, and two blocks away from the 5th Avenue Theatre. I’m an avid (and fast) walker, so the University transit tunnel, Benaroya Hall and SAM are within easy range. Slightly longer to Pike’s Place Market. The walk to the Frye Art Museum is uphill and on the west side of I-5 (15 mins). Seattle Center takes me about 25 mins. I have even walked to the sports complex, which I’d estimate at 25 mins.
* Tulio, on the lobby floor, is an awesome restaurant, and I enjoy having breakfast there.
* Free wine and munchies are served in the evenings; this can be fun.
* My only complaint is that the hotel charges for internet time (per 15 mins) in the business center. It’s a low blow to me because I do not own a smart phone or a laptop (go ahead, laugh!) since I never travel on business, and many other hotels I stay at do not charge for this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
I'm happy to hear that the Vintage Park is your home away from home! And of course we love our Kimpton In Touch Members, but our fantastic desk team is full of good suggestions for all our guests, members or not : ) Cheers, Jim L, we'll see you soon!
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed over a weekend. The room was clean and comfortable. However, it was dark and had minimal lighting. This made it impossible to do any reading.

At check-in, they had lost any record of our reservation. Several staff got involved for an extended period of time before they agreed to provide a room. This was strange since I had a printed copy of my confirmation and had received an email only a few days earlier from the conceirge indicating that they were looking forward to our arrival.

The hotel is a few blocks uphill from most of the common tourist stops. It required a little more walking that we expected. However, it was not exhausting. There were relatively few restaurants in the immediate vicinity, but the famous library was nearby.

The doormen were extremely helpful, and this was important because the entrance driveway is essentially one-way in without an exit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the honest review--we need to hear about the hiccups in order to assure a smoother stay next time. I am personally following up with our reservations team to find out why we didn't see your arrival so that this doesn't happen again. You'll also be happy to hear we are working on new lighting for all the rooms to ensure a brighter visit in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for anniversary. Let them know and there were flowers, chocolates, and a bottle of champagne on ice when we walked in. Room and staff great and perhaps, the best room service meal we have ever had.

Stayed October 2013
Luigi, I couldn't agree more--the Vintage Park is just a good place to be! Congratulations again on your anniversary, and we look forward to celebrating with you again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at Vintage Park in 2012 and returned in 2013. The first time we stayed because they not only welcomed our dogs, but provided cozy beds, dog cookies, etc. The second time we stayed, Oct/Nov 2013, we weren't able to bring our dogs, but still had a fantastic stay. We love Tulio, the restaurant. We were only able to have breakfast this time, but have had wonderful dinners in the past. We love the lobby, the friendly staff, and the beautiful rooms. The decor is not what I would do at home, but it is pretty, fun, warm, and welcoming.

Room Tip: Corner King was very spacious and had great views of the library. We love to watch the city life bel...
Green Features: Love that they let us opt not to have sheets changed/washed. We don't need that every day, and we used our $5 voucher to eat in the restaurant.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so happy to hear we've made a Vintage Park fan. And next time you visit, you might just find the decor something you wish you had at home! We look forward to seeing you again!
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Last minute trip, and my first 3 choices for hotels were all booked up. This is a boutique hotel, so I thought I'd give it a try. The king premier room which was on special for $266 before tax/ $322 after tax per night, was on ground level behind the kitchen with a view of the alley. If by 'boutique' them mean really small and dark, it was.

There is no pool. The robes they provide have a leopard print, probably to stop anyone from wanting to steal them. Valet parking was another $39 per night.

And the desk staff were hopeless. Its been a while since I had good Mexican food, and even though I had researched a few places, I asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation. When I asked her, she looked blank, then said there was a burrito lunch place a few block down that might be open, but she couldn't remember the name. I had found the 'La Carta de Oaxaca' on Ballard Ave on trip advisor in a few seconds, and concierge was clueless, worse wasting my time with a bad recommendation. (BTW, La Carta de Oaxaca food was excellent!!)

This is not my kind of hotel. There was nothing to recommend it.

Room Tip: See the room first before you settle in.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to review. Our team, the front desk and concierge included, take a lot of pride in caring for our guests and hotel, and I'm sorry to hear that did not come across during your visit. We'd love another chance to show you what has kept guests coming back to the Vintage Park for years.
boise, id
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have never been disappointed with any of the Kimpton hotels, as always, they are very comfortable. I stayed two nights, very comfortable bed. No street noise, it is located right in the center of town which makes it easy to shop or sightsee.The wine reception is always nice and I have to applaud Laura for being so generous with the wine and she was very helpful with restaurant information. I do wish they had a little more variety of appetizers, the crackers were pretty boring.I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We love making wishes come true at Kimpton, so we're crafting a whole new menu of wine hour appetizers for the holidays! Email our concierge Lara at concierge@vintagepark.com before your next visit, and she'll make sure we have your favorite snack on the table. Cheers!

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!