“A New Favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“A New Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We loved the Vintage Park Hotel! We stayed here for two nights before a cruise in September. The location of the hotel was perfect, and the room we had was small but beautifully furnished and very comfortable.

We ate in the adjoining restaurant, Tulio, for dinner and breakfast and thought both meals were very good. We also enjoyed the hotel's "happy hour" where a local winemaker was featured.

Room Tip: Our room faces an alley/wall, but it was very quiet and we didn't mind not having a view. I did...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are so happy to welcome you to the Vintage Park family! This is our home away from home, and it's a pleasure to share that with you : )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Hotel Vintage Park. Loved it! Staff was great and responsive. Room was very comfortable. It was a treat that the hotel restaurant was really good - had breakfast twice & a wonderful dinner.

Room Tip: Room 1106 was great...nice sitting area; really comfortable bed :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I agree--our staff is great : ) But it's easy when our guests are so much fun to have visit! Thanks so much for the review, Bill B.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

A frequent traveler, remembered Tulio from a previous trip, good check in, valet, check out, room on 3rd floor with a view of the trash bins and maintenance area, but: wine tasting ambiance and experience crowded, slow and impersonal with standing only in your staked out spot; needed a cab...not available...had to walk to a busier hotel location for a cab queue; wanted a nightcap at 11pm...not available...advised to go somewhere else...so,we did across the street to the Fairmont Four Seasons Olympic Hotel. Like I said, just OK. Will probably stay somewhere else, more mid town next time. But I will patronize Tulio again...a nice white tablecloth dining experience with good food and service.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It looks like we fell a bit short of your expectations this stay, and we'd love a chance to make it up to you. Please email me at amanda.parsons@vintagepark.com and let me know just how we can craft your perfect Seattle getaway. I'll even stake you out a spot at wine hour ; )
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Vintage Park although a member of a group of hotels has a character and charm all of its own. We found every member of the staff we came into contact with both in person and on the telephone very friendly and courteous. Our room was very spacious with a separate seating area. Room service was very efficient and the food well prepared and presented. We also had a rather nice .inexpensive, by US standards, Chardonnay.
After nearly 22 hours travelling the Vintage Park provided the calming atmosphere we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for joining our Kimpton family, David E--hope to find you relaxing at the Vintage Park next time you're in the U.S.!
Newport, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found the Hotel Vintage Park staff to be extremely professional, friendly and on the ball. They responded quickly to everything we needed. Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted and made to feel welcome. We're a same-sex couple and felt totally welcome. We also had our 8 year old son, and our puppy with us, and they had a great time too. The room was pretty small, so just be prepared to not have a ton of space. But it was a nice room, and nice people!

Green Features: We need rooms to be chemical free, and they were! The windows don't open, so we couldn't get any fresh air into the room. But still, the room was very clean, and the products they used were truly environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
At Kimpton, we pride ourselves on being unique--as individuals, and a company--which makes us grateful to have such diverse guests to share our Vintage Park home with! Hope to see you and your family again soon.
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent 3 nights recently at Hotel Vintage Park. Checking in and out was the fastest process I've ever had which was nice. Our room was more spacious that I had prepared myself for which was a nice perk to unwind in after a day of walking those hilly streets. I'm glad we had an umbrella in our closet since it rained the entire time we were visiting. The yoga mat was a perk since I was able to stretch those achy legs and back from all the walking.

The wine tasting in the early evening was such a nice perk as well. We were able to mingle with other guests and enjoy local wines. We did have to laugh it off that the Oregon wine distributor had a very light hand with my pours and a very heavy hand with my husbands pours, every time.....

We did ask to have a goldfish for the weekend and he was a hit to watch. He didn't like too much movement or noise near his bowl and would kick up water and rocks out of the bowl when we did get too close - we assumed it was a He :)

We've never stayed at a Kimpton property before and will next time there's one in the city were visiting! Being free Loyalty members we enjoyed free Wifi as well.

Tulio was tasty, and the service was great.
Lara our concierge gave us great brunch and dinner recommendations as well.
Wish we were still in Seattle!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The Vintage Park has everything you keep for a Seattle escape--whether you venture up and down the hills with umbrella in hand, or simply stay with us for wine, dinner, and a good book by the fire. We wish you were still here too...so hurry back : )
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've stayed here a few times during my trips up to Seattle. Quiet and clean, but I got the room right above the kitchen and facing the busier road and on the second floor. I was trying to be understanding but when I was woken by crashing sounds below me which kept me awake for over an hour, this just was not what I expected. Of course I got an apology and was told they would be asked to quiet down, but to no relief. Mind you, there wasn't a telephone next to my bed so I had to go across the room. Yeah maybe a bit too whiney, but for real, I was truly awake at that point. Then of course the early morning traffic woke me pretty early as well. When I went to check out, they offered to pay for my parking. I was up here on business, did that really help me out? I don't think so. Probably will be my last choice to stay if my selections are available.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get room 204
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
As a Kimpton we offer many things to make traveling comfortable, and a good night of sleep is top priority. I do hope you'll give us another chance to show you a restful, quiet night despite the busy city surrounding us. Please email me at amanda.parsons@vintagepark.com as I would love to have you back at our friends and family rate...in a room away from the street, of course!

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!