“great kimpton property” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“great kimpton property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Kimptons are a nice botiquey kind of place. The rooms are lovely and in some cases sumptuous and the staff is discrete and helpful be it booking a taxi, a table or tix to events. The location in downtown Seattle is great and they have parking

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are so proud to be a Kimpton, and to live up to the name : )

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Fredericksburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Another great stay at. The Vintage Park.. Great staff and beautiful room.. Accommodating staff. I love staying here and other Kimpton properties.. Don't hesitate to give yourself a treat when in the Seattle area..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It's always the perfect time to treat yourself to a stay at the Vintage Park. Curl up in front of the fireplace with one of our many books, a glass of Washington wine, and dessert from Tulio, and you'll see why so many call the us their home away from home.
Woodway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I thought I had reservations at another hotel and realized I didn't. I called for a room at the last possible minute and they were able to accomodate me. Very friendly staff. Clean room, comfortable bed, nice sheets and lots of great pillows! Would not hesitate to call them in advance the next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm happy you could join us at the Vintage Park, and hope we'll be your go-to Seattle hotel in the future!
Potomac, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

A definite "will not think twice" about staying here on my next Seattle trip. This is a no brainier. I will however, bring higher wattage light bulbs to enable me to brighten up the room at night (the bathroom had excellent lighting) and an extension cord with more outlets. Hotel Vintage Park is centrally located within easy walking distance to bus stops, restaurants, Pike Market, theater,etc. And the rate is excellent!!

. AC functions well when it works. It did break down one evening, but was repaired the next day.

. Our spacious 'deluxe Q,Q' room , number 1012 (360 sq. ft. With a sofa sleeper) is located in a quiet corner. The large windows (do not open) facing west allow plenty of sunlight into the room. The view is of the library and court of appeals.

. We brought flowers from Pike Market, placed them into the ice bucket, a makeshift vase, and very much enjoyed our stay!!

(My brother stayed at the Seattle Grand Hyatt on a high floor in a corner suite. Although his suite had floor to ceiling windows facing in two directions, the views were of adjacent buildings and construction sites. His suite had a large bathroom, but a very small bedroom...and he complained throughout his stay because the air conditioning automatically turned off at night so he couldn't sleep!! )

. Daily housekeeping at Vintage Park should not be taken for granted. Due to the 'choose to conserve' program, housekeeping does not seem prepared to clean rooms except after checkout. When I requested our room be cleaned after a few days stay, the housekeeper looked stressed. But to her credit, after the initial shock of adding an additional room to her schedule, she was very sweet and pleasant. In the future, I will give housekeeping a 'heads up' the night before.

My Biggest gripe:

I was sadden by the unfortunate, lone fish swimming in a tiny bowl in the lobby. I am not a fish psychologist, but suspect that it needs enrichment. I was told that it will soon be upgraded to larger accommodations. Let's hope so, and perhaps management will consider giving it a friend or two.

Fish update: Six days later, the poor fish is still alone in a small bowl.

Cleanliness: very clean, however having been programmed by OSHA's Infection Control classes, I am definitely a Germaphobe and recommend that the computer keyboard in the business center be cleaned. Woodwork in rooms can use more attention, but this is true for most hotels.

If searching for promotions, check the final numbers to determine the best discount. I found that a promotion for valet parking was less desirable than a discount on dining (even if all dining discounts are not used) after seeing that the room rates differed with each,

Daily (AAA special) vouchers for dining at Tulio can not be combined, while 'choose to conserve' can be combined.

Seattle's public transportation is so fantastic that renting a car is completely unnecessary. Even if needing to use cabs occasionally , it is still a bargain compared to the expensive parking. A Trip Advisor reviewer wrote that free street parking is available after 8 pm. I was not able to find any free street parking.

Room Tip: I recommend the room we stayed in, room 1012. The room is large, tucked in a quiet corner, away fro...
Green Features: Actively environmentally friendly. Recycle containers are available in the guest rooms and the guests are given incentive to reuse textiles via their 'Choose to Conserve' program.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Our guests are so fun they even write creative reviews? We are LOVIN' IT, too! Everyone has their own style when they travel, and the Vintage Park team will make sure it's right for you--just let them know what you need! Housekeeping everyday? A vase for your Pike Place flowers? We've got it!
Fish update: Goldie just keeps growing and growing, so she has gone to live with one of our team members, where she'll have a much bigger tank : ) Please come meet our new (and very little) Director of Aquatic Relations soon!
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband, I and another couple stayed at this hotel for PAX August 28-Sept 3rd, loved every night there. The room was quite spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. They also used my absolute favorite kind of pillows. I was slightly worried because this hotel was quite fancy and I thought as gamers we may be looked down on, but all of that was squashed the first night we were there.

We went to the evening wine tasting the second night we were there, and found the hostess very nice and welcoming to us and our friends. We happily sat and conversed while we had Chocolate Shoppe wines and talked about the city. Towards the end I had the courage to go ask about the rumored goldfish we could have for our room. It turned out to be true, and within 10 minutes there was someone at our door with our new temporary roommate. Another few minutes later we found out that because we liked the wine so much, the hostess gave us two free bottles of it to keep in our room because they had extra from the tasting! What a wonderful surprise, and much appreciated!

We really have no complaints about this hotel at all, everything was wonderful and we were treated so kindly. Any request we had (pillows, towels, blanket) were very timely recieved. We split the breakfast vouchers between the four of us, and we all had great things to say about the continental. It was very filling, and the fruit portion was so fresh and fantastic and generous, I could easily pay for that quality again.

My husband and I have to do some personal shoutouts to specifically Russell and I believe her name was Beelyn, who worked the front desk on PM's. I actually got very sick during our trip, and wanted nothing more then a hot cup of tea, or even just hot water to put honey in. When they saw my condition, they very eagerly asked if there was anything they could do to make it better. Russell himself brought a cup of tea up to our room for me, along with extra honey and extra tea bags. That was so very appreciated, and made things alot better. This was done two days in a row (along with rushing a room service order of soup to us, during shift change.), and I very much so question if I would have been able to travel home if I wasn't able to relax so peacefully at the hotel without worry for those days.

The only question we had was in regards to their housekeeping service, in which case they were in our room fixing it multiple times a day (I think the most we counted was 4 on one day), even with the Do Not Disturb sign up in the morning, they were at our door at 9 am. It wasn't a big enough problem that we were removing a star, but we thought it was weird for sure. Even needing to feed the fish, I'm not sure why it was necessary to be in our room so much.

Either way, I really can't wait to stay at this hotel again, knowing what a good experience we had. We will also wholly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor in a Premium King, no noise complaints, the only things we ever heard fro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I'll be sharing your review with the entire Vintage Park team, so thank YOU for sharing it here. We want our guests to be as unique as we are...which means we'd never look down on a gamer (you'd be surprised how many of us wish we'd been at PAX!). And another thank you for your housekeeping question...I'll be following up with our team to be sure that your next visit has a few less visits from us : )
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Never stayed here before, loved the location, really convenient. The value for quality of room product was spot on. Loved it. Rooms were comfortable, slept great, clean and well maintained, but when I moved the chair, I did find some rubbish underneath. Not a deal breaker, but the housekeeper should have caught it. Valet was quick, friendly and informative, as well as the front desk staff. Everyone was great, and offered great customer service. Will definitely stay here again on one of my many Seattle trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Looks like we might just be your new home away from home! If you aren't already a member of our Kimpton In Touch loyalty program, be sure you sign up before your next visit so you'll be eligible for a complimentary upgrade, $10 off the minibar, free internet, and a great way to save your hotel preferences so we'll have the perfect room waiting for you : )
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Vintage Park for the most part. Our room was small and the bathroom was way too small for our needs but we made it work. The hotel décor is vintage as stated in the hotel name and I am sure that if you are in to vintage you will enjoy that theme. We had a free night through a gift certificate that we were given and we stayed an additional night. The view from our room was terrible which was disappointing. Every other time we have stayed in Seattle, our view has always been beautiful. There is not a coffee pot in the room which was also disappointing. Having said that, the hotel stocks good size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion which I thought was great. Also, the service when we arrived and departed was very good. The Valet attendants took our luggage for us since our flight did not leave until late afternoon so that we could go enjoy Seattle before we left for the airport. They were very friendly and attentive. We very much appreciated their hospitality. Thank you Matt and Steve! You guys are great!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors with a good view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I agree--Matt and Steve are AWESOME, and I'll be sure to share this review with them. We want you to have a stay that's specialized just for you--so please let us know your preferences! High floor? More counter space? Coffee maker in the room? Just let the team know what makes a hotel room perfect for you, and we'll do our best to make it happen! Thanks for staying with us boisefit, hope to see you again!

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!