“Lovely, comfy place, very friendly staff, the Restaurant was great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel

You added Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101   |
Special Offer
Please Your Palate Promo!
Ranked #8 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Lovely, comfy place, very friendly staff, the Restaurant was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for two night during a business trip. Great location. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomadating. I was carrying large banker boxes to my meeting and they offered a pull cart for the walk. Definitely above and beyond. The arranged a FedEx pick up for the return of the boxes to my office.

The rooms were clean thought a bit older. The free wifi for InTouch members is always appreciated and the desk allowed for a computer and paperwork. The extra outlets on the lamps are always a nice touch too. The bed was comfortable and clean. The couch and coffee table made the room seem more spacious and allowed for in room dining easily.

The bathroom was small and outdated but nothing you couldn't live with. The only real complaint is that the shower would not get hot enough, it was just warm not hot.

The restaurant, Tulio's was great. The breaskfast was quick and delish. The Gnocchi was AMAZING. Wine list was nice and not too pricey.

The valet parking was a bit steep. The umbrellas in each room was very welcome in the Seattle spring. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: King Premier was worth the few extra bucks if you like in room dining and a little more room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear Christine,
The King Premier rooms are some of my favorites too! Thank you for staying with us! It sounds like we made your business trip just a little more enjoyable.
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy Tulio! If you haven't heard, Tulio was named one of the best italian restaurants in the country by Travel + Leisure. We can't help but brag about Chef Walter! I agree, the gnocchi is amazing!
I hope you will be back to see us again soon - with or without the bankers boxes!
Safe travels, wherever they take you!
~Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Not a 4 star more like a 3.5 star but still a really good hotel. It's an older hotel that’s for sure, but the rooms were decent but the bathroom was quite small. We had to upgrade our hotel room to get 2 queens which cost an additional $25 a night but for the deal I paid it was still worth it. The parking was $39+tax, but we didn't park at their lot. We parked across the street at the Library which was much cheaper they had overnight secured parking. I would definitely recommend parking there instead of the hotel. Not sure if they have any rooms away from the street. You can hear the traffic in the morning. Kids, Don't forget to look in the treasure box! ;) that was a great surprise for the little ones.

Room Tip: Kids, Don't forget to look in the treasure box! ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback. It's important for us to hear all the details of your experience.
I have good news! We just replaced the windows in the entire hotel. The street noise you heard is a distant and we're pretty excited about that.
Parking in downtown Seattle is expensive. Our prices are comparable to most other locations and hotels. The most important thing to remember when parking with us is you have 24/7 in and out privileges. Most stand alone garages charge each time you access your vehicle.
A few other options include our FREE parking package when booking through TripAdvisor. The lightrail to and from the airport is a great eco-friendly option as well.
I hope you will be back to visit very soon! Summer in Seattle is amazing!
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Arrived in Seattle from Australia after a 24 hr delay when the airline misplaced my Passport to find that, even although I had informed the hotel of my late arrival, they had cancelled my booking and so i was left homeless. This is in a city that has just had an influx of 8.000 delegates for the conference I was attending.
They did manage to find a room at another hotel for 2 nights and said to come back as they could accommodate me for the rest of the week. Duly, I reported to check-in after 2 days to be told that they did not have a booking for at all and there were no rooms. Once again I had to scratch around to find accommodation.
I am really disappointed at the service from Vintage Park they are so disorganised. Thanks goodness the conference is moving to Orlando next year!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took my husband to Seattle for a surprise birthday weekend. The front desk clerk was very friendly and gave us some great recommendations on restaurants and breweries. 3 Starbucks within 3 blocks :) It is a little bit of a walk to Pikes and 5th ave shopping but just a couple blocks. They have a complimentary wine tasting in the evening in the sitting room off the lobby. We had drinks at the Tulio which were amazing. When we mentioned to the desk clerk that we were there for my husbands birthday, they sent up complimentary beer and pistachio's and a birthday card! Above and beyond customer service. Beautiful updated rooms. They have thought of everything and if you forget something, they have it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Happy Birthday! Thank you for celebrating your husband's birthday with us!
It sounds like you had the ideal Seattle experience - coffee, the market and Tulio!
Hopefully you'll be coming back for many more celebrations.
Thank you for the kind words about our team. We think they're pretty extraordinary too. I'll definitely pass along your praise!
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

True to their name, the Vintage Park Kimpton, serves up a cozy wine hour each day. The winemaker from Walla Walla actually poured his own wines! Worth hurrying back for each day! The Tulio's Restaurant has a gracious staff that made each day start with a smile at breakfast. We did the breakfast package and had a $25 credit to use each day in the restaurant which helped. A corner room gave us more space--clean. Within one block of Avenue Theater and easy walking distance to the Convention Center (there is a short cut by the theater below ground to get to the Convention Center in case of rain), Pike's Market, and a multitude of other restaurants. Try-- Brooklyn Seafood, Steak and Oyster House for their Happy Hour and Blue Water Taco Grill for a quick, fresh bite of Mexican food. Downsides: only 2 towels given each day, fitness room small (3 cardio machines and space for 1 person to use the free weights) but it is 24 hours, pillows way too big and we asked for feather ones but still too fluffy and thick.

Room Tip: High Corner room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great note on the location and how easy it is to connect to the city! We are very lucky to be in the center of it all and the easy walk to the market, shopping and convention center. I'm also not sure if you heard the news, but Tulio was just named by Travel + Leisure Magazine one of the best italian restaurants in the country. We think Chef Walter is pretty amazing too! Keep checking our web site for the best package offerings.
Thanks again for the great review!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travelled to Seattle for a small holiday expecting to stay at a beautiful vintage style hotel with amazing customer service. I stopped and got my car cleaned and shined up! Read to road trip!!!
Vintage park gave me a ok stay. The room was upgraded but put me on the 2nd floor. FYI, main level with street noise.. Traffic to drunkin idiots at 3 am could be heard. It's also right beside the restaurant in the hotel so there's always extra tables and crap in the hall ways. I asked front desk to move me to my standard room for the second night off the Main Street. They told me they had no idea if they could as they didn't know who was checking in and out the following day. Total [--]. I just let it go as I'm not one to bug people to get what I want. The following day I tried to book a in room massage. They confirmed for 5:30. I went back to my room at 4 and found my room had not been cleaned or tidied up by house cleaning. As I left to go for a smoke before my service she was in the hallway and asked if I wanted my room cleaned (in the same tone as a child asking if the HAVE to do something they really don't want to) I just told her to forget it. I just felt like an inconvenience between her and front desk. When I returned to my room I received a call stating that I was not able to get a massage as no one was available. This was after the confirmation with the outside company they contract to do these services. The next morning at check out they deliver my car... You pay $50.00 a night for parking. I would expect heated covered area... Right ? It's just a little less than half of what you pay for a room. So they return my car, it's been sitting on the roof in the rain. My car has a small leak and sure enough it leaked. ( didn't expect to have to ask them to keep my car out of the rain)
It came back to me dirty, bird poop on it and water in the trunk. For $100.00. That's the kind of car services received.
I wrote vintage park and told them my story. They were apologetic. However they placed blame on me saying some things were right out my fault. HORRIBLE customer service. My compensation for a complete let down of a weekend. $50.00 reimbursement to my credit card. I'm still waiting for it btw.
Don't stay at the vintage. For the money spent you can stay at the red lion or the westin or one of the w hotels ( may an extra 40 a night) but I bet they won't ruin your weekend and then treat you like your a joke.

• Stayed April 2013
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a boutique hotel. Our room was a corner room and HUGE with a bunch of windows. We had a huge bed with nice comfortable bedding (SO important) and a hide a bed.
Staff was nice.
I had a great stay. The location is fair but a bit farther from Pike Place than I prefer. Nonetheless I definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
We think the King Corner rooms are pretty spectacular too! The extra space and the downtown views are fantastic. There are many attractions right in our neighborhood, the Westlake Center, Seattle Monorail, 5th Avenue Theatre and the Waterfront. Be sure to come back and stay longer so you don't miss a thing!
Thank you for the great note! Safe travels wherever they take you next!
~Amanda

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!