“Staff are beyond compare” 5 of 5 stars

Save Up To 20%
Ranked #12 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Staff are beyond compare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Vintage Park for the better part of the last three months due to a work detail. The accommodations are wonderful -- quality, charming, with a hint of luxury. Best of all is the staff -- wonderful service from the valets, the front desk as well as in Tulio. I have to single out Brian and Gelilia, who are the the friendliest, most helpful hospitality professionals I have ever encountered. Thanks, guys!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Amanda P, General Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Brian and Gelila are fantastic! Thank you for giving them a shout out!
We think it's our team that makes us a special place to be. Thank you for making us your home away from home and for the great note.
See you very soon!

924 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed for a week at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Vintage Park is an older style hotel but very clean and comfortable. My room was well-appointed and the bed was heavenly. Room size was quite small, but adequate for me as I was travelling alone. The in-room fridge was handy for storing snacks.

Staff were friendly and helpful and I enjoyed the option of tea/coffee in the morning and a glass of wine in the evening (included in the tariff). I was often not back in time for the wine reception - however, I was given a voucher to redeem at a later time.

The hotel is in a great location - close to the station (on the Sea-Tac line) and a few blocks from major department stores. There are plenty of good restaurants close by and the waterfront is justa short walk away.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great note on the location and how easy it is to connect to the city! We are very lucky to be in the center of it all and the easy walk to the market, shopping and monorail. So sorry you missed the wine hour - we do what we can to add a little extra something - sometimes it's live music or trivia.
Thank you for the great comments about our team. We think they are fabulous too!
We hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'm a huge Kimpton fan and Hotel Vintage Park did not disappoint. All the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and just all-around pleasant. The room was spacious, very clean and well decorated. Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great note about your stay! We think our team is pretty fantastic! Hope you'll be back to visit again soon! If you need a good reason, summer is right around the corner and there is nothing better than sunny Seattle!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The reviews are right - this is a charming hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle. I won't give you any details about my stay since many other travelers have done so already. I will just add that the service is fast, the staff was nice and accommodating and the food good.

I happened to get a very small room. I wasn't happy with the choice - the room was so small it the lounge chair blocked my desk chair, and there was no counter space in the bathroom - but did not complain since I was only there at night. I did get a glimpse into the suites and they were beautiful.

This is a Kimpton, which is great. Had tea on my way out in the morning, and loved being able to eat from the minibar the night I arrived. If I visit Seattle again, I will definitely consider this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your note! To be honest, one night is never long enough! We hope you'll be back to see us again soon for a bit longer.
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of spending a few nights at the Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle. The hotel exudes charm from the moment you walk in the door. The check in process was quick and the staff very friendly. I had never heard of the Kimpton brand, and after I had reserved my room I was sent an email asking me to join the Kimpton InTouch program for free. I filled out the form, which let me say if I liked high or low floors, types of rooms, etc. Upon check in I received a $10 "raid the mini bar" coupon just for being a member. So the free membership paid off immediately.

After checking in we made our way to the room. The elevators were old and quaint. Not old and scary, but actually in great shape. This boutique hotel has done a wonderful job of refurbishing what appears to be a fairly old building. Each room has a Washington winery name above the door, as well as some literature about the winery in the room. It's a nice touch. There is also wine to be purchased in the room if you wish. The room was beautiful. When we entered the room it seemed rather large. There was a couch and coffee table as well as a television (flat screen) and a desk next to the television stand. Underneath the television were some dresser drawers and the mini bar. There were also snacks and wine on a corner stand between the couch and the television. There was a closet that appeared small, but held all of our clothes easily. The bed was king sized and very comfortable. Night stands were on either side of it. There were large windows looking out towards the Seattle Library (which is a very interesting building). We were on the 7th floor so we rarely noticed any traffic noise even with the street right below. The bathroom was nice. A shower/tub combination and a very long sink and vanity. It was not huge, but it was nice. The room was very clean and smelled nice and it seems the maids are very thorough. I had zero issues with any part of the stay.

Every evening there is a wine tasting in the lobby. We were always out and about so we never had the chance to partake, but it seems like it would be a nice way to spend a little time. The lobby has a fireplace and some couches, so we did get to drink some wine and enjoy the ambiance on our own one night.

There is a restaurant right off of the lobby as well. It is Tulio, and it is supposed to be wonderful Italian. Again, I never got the opportunity to eat there. I did get to walk through a couple of times and was always greeted warmly by the host and it looks like a great place to eat. I wish I had the chance to try it. There is a small bar in Tulio as well, and I did get to drink some wine there, Again, top notch service and very friendly people.

I rode Link in from SeaTac so I didn't have a car. It is a short walk from the University Station and in fact a short walk to most of the great Seattle attractions like Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, the Westlake shopping area, etc. They offer parking at the hotel, but since I didn't utilize it I can't comment on price, etc.

Check out was flawless and the whole experience was wonderful. I felt welcome and valued as a guest. I will add that when I was looking for a room I found that they were offering a 24 hour "Spring into Spring" sale on rooms. I don't know how often they offer these deals, but it was 50% off normal rates, so on top of it being in a great location and a wonderful hotel, it was also very reasonable.

Room Tip: My room was on the 7th floor facing south. The views were beautiful and the traffic noise was almost...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to meet you! Welcome to the Kimpton family! We have almost 60 hotels across the US and each one has a special story. The common theme is our friendly team. We think they're extraordinary and so glad you thought so too! You mentioned our special 24 hour offer, always check our web site for the best rates. We try to make it easy for you to find a reason to visit!
Thanks for the great note, come back soon!
Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I had Amtrak credits to spend, so we took Amtrak's Coast Starlight from LA to Seattle and then stayed at Kimpton's Vintage Park (VP) to celebrate my wife's birthday. Without any hesitation, I can say our 2-night stay was perfect. Every staff member that we dealt with was superb and intensely focused on meeting our needs. We always ask for a quiet room away from elevators and vending, and VP listened. Our room was on the top floor at the end of a hall--very quiet! Our one full day in Seattle was my wife's birthday. We were surprised by a call from the concierge asking if it was OK to bring up a bottle of wine for the occassion--very nice surprise! We had dinner reservations at Tulio's Restaurant, which is in the hotel lobby. Our online research indicated that Tulio's was one of the premier restaurants in Seattle--we were not disappointed. Every aspect of our dining experience, from our greeting to our table service to the food and drink to our dessert, was perfect. The sweet potato gnocci was great, and the foccacia with melted cheese was to die for. And then, we had our mains, which also cleared the bar set by the appetizers. We will definitely look for Kimpton properties in our future travels. And, when we return to Seattle, there is no doubt that we will again visit Vintage Park.

Room Tip: Can only say that room 1114 was nice. It was cozy and at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy Birthday! Thank you for celebrating with us and for telling us everything was perfect! WOW! We couldn't be more proud of our team and so happy you noticed. Thank you! I agree, the sweet potato gnocchi is amazing! We're thrilled you have discovered Kimpton. We have almost 60 hotels in our collection. You'll find the same friendly people in our Kimpton family across the country.
Thank you for the great note! We're already hoping you'll come back for the next big celebration!
Cheers!
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have a wonderful stay at Vintage Park. We walked in and were immediately pleased with the warm welcoming decor. Brian assisted us and went above and beyond. Our two daughters even got free popcorn and a movie courtesy of the hotel. They felt very special and said it was their favorite hotel ever. We got helpful tips about where to go for tourist attractions and what food places to try. I have absolutely nothing but positive to say about this hotel. We will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
It's wonderful to hear you have found a new favorite hotel! We think Brian and the team are pretty fabulous too! So glad everyone was helpful in making sure you had the true Seattle experience. Our team is armed with many local tips to make sure you don't have a tourist experience, but get a chance to live like a local.
Thanks for the great note, come back soon!
~Amanda

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!