“Business Trip to Seattle” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive: Free Parking!
Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Greenbrae, California
“Business Trip to Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hotel Vintage Park was very convenient to downtown shopping. It's walking distant to the pier and great restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The valet at the hotel was very professional. The hotel lobby was comfortable like your living room. I enjoyed the complimentary wine reception in the evening. The room was very comfortable and clean. Great service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
I am glad you had such a wonderful experience while staying with us at the Vintage Park. Thank you for taking the time to post a review for other travelers to see. I am glad you got to enjoy our daily hosted wine hour. We try to get a different Washington winery to come and pour for us every night so you can have a different wine each night of staying with us. Have a wonderful holiday season, looking forward to your future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We usually stay here three days at a time whenever we come down from Vancouver, Canada. It's a fantastic location downtown, right across the street from the beautiful downtown library (a must-see), and a short walk to Pike Place Market, Macy's, Target, Westlake Center, grocery stores, etc. etc. In the other direction, you can walk 15 minutes to the International District and check out Uwajamiya supermarket. A 5 minute cab ride from the train station and 5 minutes from the freeway, if driving down!

The hotel itself is incredibly welcoming. The front desk staff greet you warmly when you enter the hotel, and the living area space with the fireplace looks inviting (there is a wine tasting every evening!) The entire atmosphere of the hotel is cozy and warm. Only on this recent trip, did we finally try the hotel's restaurant, Tulio (to be honest, we were out exploring during dinner most of the time and just ate while out). There is a great new eco-friendly program where, if you do not need housekeeping services, you can get a voucher towards room service or the restaurant, which gave us the incentive to try it. The brunch was delicious and service was very friendly. I can see dinner being very intimate in this restaurant too, following the ambiance of the hotel.

We love the king-sized plush beds with down duvets (a treat away from home) and the room is very comfortable and clean. The WiFi is great. We usually felt the noise level was fine for being downtown... We usually face Spring Street, near the library, and never found it a problem. Wtih the curtains drawn, the room is super dark and you can have an excellent sleep-in.

Also, our one-year old son came along this past trip and the hotel went an extra step in making us and baby in tow feel accommodated and welcome. We had a great time!

The ratings section mention a swimming pool; I don't think there is one..., so I did not comment. And while a kid-friendly hotel, I didn't think any hotels offer any 'kids activities'? However, the surrounding area has a lot for kids to do... There's a musicals theatre down the street and the aforementioned library.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to get a higher floor to avoid any street level noise and also a nicer view?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about our downtown property. We do have a great location right in the heart of Seattle, and it is nice to be on the top of the hill and of course the entire team knows the short cuts around town if you need it. I do hope you have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to seeing you back at the Vintage Park soon.
Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here from Monday through Friday last week. From the arrival to departure there is really nothing I can complain about. So I hope not to bore anyone with this review but there is not much in the way of drama to spice it up. First impression was the valet who greeted me nicely and helped with my bags. Check in was easy and the desk agent was friendly and helpful in directing me to a local place to eat as it was getting late. The room was on the 11th floor and was of decent size and comfort. The furnishings were a little drab and dark but everything was clean and comfortable. The temperature was a bit warm in the room but opening the window helped cool it down. The A/C was a bit weak. Not sure how that would work if it was summer. The morning coffee service was good and the valet guys always had my car waiting for me. The real difference in this property was the staff. I only encountered friendly and helpful people every time I had a question or need. That's the reason for the excellent rating for this property. There is only so much you can do with an older building so the staff more than make up for any deficiencies. The best part of the day is their nightly wine reception. Unfortunately I only made it to one but when I came back a bit late the front desk was nice enough to save me a full glass of wine for me to take to my room. Now that's service! I'll be back.

Dear LocoTravelers,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. Sounds like you experienced all the wonderful things that set us apart from the other hotels surrounding us. Wine hour is one of my favorite things, being able to come and mingle with our guests who have traveled from all different parts of the world. Hope to see you again soon!
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. They had a complimentary wine reception in the lobby when I checked in, and although I didn't attend it seemed to be very popular. Become a Kimpton member! I did, and received a $10 "raid the mini bar" coupon when I checked in. They have lots of goodies you could use this coupon on, like cliff bars, candy, popcorn, alcohol of course, but also things like bath salts! Nice little perk. Continental breakfast was included in the rate that I booked, and when the description was "muffin, fruit, and juice or coffee" I thought about skipping it. But, I'm glad I didn't. It was served in the restaurant, and was excellent - it was as gourmet as a muffin and fruit could be from the presentation to the quality. The room was elegantly appointed, with a comfortable bed, sitting area, and it was much more spacious than I had envisioned for a "boutique" property. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion was provided in larger pump-style bottles for multiple uses, which I loved. Cuts down on so much waste! And the quality of those toiletries was very nice. I wish I had time to use the in-room spa services, which looked fabulous. My only complaints would be that the luggage rack was an old wooden version and a bit rickety/dated, and the bathrobes that were provided needed to be laundered. I found someone else's toothpaste smear on mine after I put it on, and it thoroughly grossed me out. Also, the ceiling above the tub could use a good scrub. But overall, I would stay here again and would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a better view and less street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Sounds like overall you had a wonderful experience at our boutique hotel in downtown Seattle! I am glad you enjoy the larger bottles for the shampoo and conditioner. We do pride ourselves at Kimpton as being "green", and this is just one way we can help. We hope you can stay with us in the near future when traveling west of the mountains. Happy holidays!
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the Vintage Park on a recent business trip to Seattle. Not only is it in a great downtown location near the convention center, shopping and Pike's Place, it is also a very, very cozy and comfortable. A quiet refuge from a busy day. Has a fantastic restaurant (Tulio's - better for dinner than breakfast, though) and a great, spice-infused bourbon and cider alternative during the nightly wine hour. I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher level floors are always quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wow!!! What a great review, thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel. You are more than welcome to move in any time and live here with us in our great city. Sounds like you also got to sample one of our winter beverages with the infused bourbon and cider. Thank you again for all the kind remarks. Hope to see you soon!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Best Downtown location, cozy turn of the century atmosphere, Washington vineyards themed rooms, wine reception each evening, great people, best Italian restaurant in downtown and best of all PET Friendly. Really! And all this for a very reasonable price. Wow, Seattle - touchdown... Again!

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton InTouch frequent guest program(you may get an upgrade).
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response. I am glad that you had such a great trip and loved the hotel. Please come back soon!! Happy Holidays!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A welcoming and friendly hotel in an excellent location in the city centre, I was able to walk to the sports stadiums, the needle and Pike Place market as well as the crab pot restaurant as seen in man vs food and the excellent pink door restaurant which was recommended by the locals.

My room was spacious and comfortable, really couldn't find any fault although it was pricier than I would have gone for if I was paying myself.

I mentioned there are great places to eat nearby but the hotel restaurant was also worth a look and i had several good breakfasts there.

I didn't get a chance to participate but there was a complimentary wine tasting evening too which i imagine would have been like the rest of the hotel, elegant without being pretentious or fussy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for other travelers to see who are visiting Seattle. Sounds like you took advantage of our great downtown location that is within walking distance of all the popular places. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!