“Felt like home for the week” 5 of 5 stars

Save Up To 20%
Ranked #12 of 95 hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Pismo Beach, California
“Felt like home for the week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here from Monday through Friday last week. From the arrival to departure there is really nothing I can complain about. So I hope not to bore anyone with this review but there is not much in the way of drama to spice it up. First impression was the valet who greeted me nicely and helped with my bags. Check in was easy and the desk agent was friendly and helpful in directing me to a local place to eat as it was getting late. The room was on the 11th floor and was of decent size and comfort. The furnishings were a little drab and dark but everything was clean and comfortable. The temperature was a bit warm in the room but opening the window helped cool it down. The A/C was a bit weak. Not sure how that would work if it was summer. The morning coffee service was good and the valet guys always had my car waiting for me. The real difference in this property was the staff. I only encountered friendly and helpful people every time I had a question or need. That's the reason for the excellent rating for this property. There is only so much you can do with an older building so the staff more than make up for any deficiencies. The best part of the day is their nightly wine reception. Unfortunately I only made it to one but when I came back a bit late the front desk was nice enough to save me a full glass of wine for me to take to my room. Now that's service! I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear LocoTravelers,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. Sounds like you experienced all the wonderful things that set us apart from the other hotels surrounding us. Wine hour is one of my favorite things, being able to come and mingle with our guests who have traveled from all different parts of the world. Hope to see you again soon!

920 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. They had a complimentary wine reception in the lobby when I checked in, and although I didn't attend it seemed to be very popular. Become a Kimpton member! I did, and received a $10 "raid the mini bar" coupon when I checked in. They have lots of goodies you could use this coupon on, like cliff bars, candy, popcorn, alcohol of course, but also things like bath salts! Nice little perk. Continental breakfast was included in the rate that I booked, and when the description was "muffin, fruit, and juice or coffee" I thought about skipping it. But, I'm glad I didn't. It was served in the restaurant, and was excellent - it was as gourmet as a muffin and fruit could be from the presentation to the quality. The room was elegantly appointed, with a comfortable bed, sitting area, and it was much more spacious than I had envisioned for a "boutique" property. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion was provided in larger pump-style bottles for multiple uses, which I loved. Cuts down on so much waste! And the quality of those toiletries was very nice. I wish I had time to use the in-room spa services, which looked fabulous. My only complaints would be that the luggage rack was an old wooden version and a bit rickety/dated, and the bathrobes that were provided needed to be laundered. I found someone else's toothpaste smear on mine after I put it on, and it thoroughly grossed me out. Also, the ceiling above the tub could use a good scrub. But overall, I would stay here again and would recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a better view and less street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jenn G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Sounds like overall you had a wonderful experience at our boutique hotel in downtown Seattle! I am glad you enjoy the larger bottles for the shampoo and conditioner. We do pride ourselves at Kimpton as being "green", and this is just one way we can help. We hope you can stay with us in the near future when traveling west of the mountains. Happy holidays!
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the Vintage Park on a recent business trip to Seattle. Not only is it in a great downtown location near the convention center, shopping and Pike's Place, it is also a very, very cozy and comfortable. A quiet refuge from a busy day. Has a fantastic restaurant (Tulio's - better for dinner than breakfast, though) and a great, spice-infused bourbon and cider alternative during the nightly wine hour. I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher level floors are always quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wow!!! What a great review, thank you so much for posting a review on our hotel. You are more than welcome to move in any time and live here with us in our great city. Sounds like you also got to sample one of our winter beverages with the infused bourbon and cider. Thank you again for all the kind remarks. Hope to see you soon!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Best Downtown location, cozy turn of the century atmosphere, Washington vineyards themed rooms, wine reception each evening, great people, best Italian restaurant in downtown and best of all PET Friendly. Really! And all this for a very reasonable price. Wow, Seattle - touchdown... Again!

Room Tip: Join the Kimpton InTouch frequent guest program(you may get an upgrade).
Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response. I am glad that you had such a great trip and loved the hotel. Please come back soon!! Happy Holidays!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

A welcoming and friendly hotel in an excellent location in the city centre, I was able to walk to the sports stadiums, the needle and Pike Place market as well as the crab pot restaurant as seen in man vs food and the excellent pink door restaurant which was recommended by the locals.

My room was spacious and comfortable, really couldn't find any fault although it was pricier than I would have gone for if I was paying myself.

I mentioned there are great places to eat nearby but the hotel restaurant was also worth a look and i had several good breakfasts there.

I didn't get a chance to participate but there was a complimentary wine tasting evening too which i imagine would have been like the rest of the hotel, elegant without being pretentious or fussy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for other travelers to see who are visiting Seattle. Sounds like you took advantage of our great downtown location that is within walking distance of all the popular places. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Salem, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My friend and I were in Seattle for the Jingle Bell Run and were greeted in our room by a bottle of wine, box of chocolates and a hand written note from Amber, the concierge. What a great surprise!! Amber also helped us get tickets to the musical "Elf."
Newspaper in the morning and fresh hot coffee in the lobby was a great way to start our full packed day of sightseeing Seattle!

Room Tip: King Premier room is a great way to go. Plenty of space to relax and elegant decor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time while visiting downtown Seattle. Love to hear when people stay with us while going to 5th Avenue. Hope you enjoyed Elf!! Please come and see us anytime a new show opens up at 5th Avenue!!
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I always enjoy Kimpton Hotels. Never had a problem at one. Here's the rundown:

THE GOOD:

-Location - very close to all major shopping in downtown Seattle, the Public Library, and walkable to places like Pike Place Market, Century Field, Safeco, etc. Or a 5 minute cab ride will get you to any of those places or to Capitol Hill, etc.

-Bed was very comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) and came with 3 densities of pillows to choose from;

-Free wine hour from 5pm-6pm daily;

-Friendly staff - always willing to give directions and held open the door, etc;

-The hotel was clean and well kept and felt modern despite it's age;

-You get a $5 restaurant / room service credit for waiving housekeeping;

-In-room safe;

-In-room minibar;

-Wi-Fi is free if you sign up for Kimpton InTouch membership.

THE BAD:

-$39 for valet parking - OUCH;

The rest is mostly little stuff, but it's what separates good from great:

-There were wine glasses on the minibar but no hi-ball glasses - how am I supposed to drink the whiskey/vodka/gin/etc?? Didn't like having to call down for it.

-One towel was stained;

-Kleenex was cheap / scratchy;

-No free water.

OTHER:

-There is a full length mirror running the wall beside the bed. We thought it was fun but some people might find it tacky (See attached photo).

-Didn't use the pool (is there one?) or the restaurant so I don't know how they are.

-Got the room for $78 (weekday) on Priceline by bidding for a 4 star hotel in downtown/Pike Place. I've Pricelined in Seattle 3 times and twice they gave me a Kimpton hotel at a rate much lower than the rack rate.

Room Tip: We had room 807 and it has no view - the back is a parking lot / gross buildings.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I love that you did the entire run down of the hotel. Sounds like you were able to experience a lot of what sets us apart from other hotels in the area. Hope to see you again soon!!

Been to Hotel Vintage - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!