“Superior Service-Always!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Superior Service-Always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is my second stay at University Inn. While initial impetus was proximity to U District, it was the welcome and warmth that brought me back. Thank you! The minute I walked in the door, weary from long day of flights, your staff made me feel better. You have chosen the cream of the crop in hotel service.
Also, the shuttle to downtown is great. Your staff helped me locate area churches and worship times. The breakfast bar was well stocked, and routinely cleaned (both of your staff in this area, were also pleasant and professional). My room was clean. Glasses were restocked regularly. Coffee always available in lobby, as well as steaming hot water and assortment of teas.
Bottom line - the room was lovely, the heat worked well, the umbrella was appreciated, and your extraordinarily pleasant staff rival the best hotels at which I've stayed internationally!
Julie R.

• Stayed December 2012
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Wow! What a nice review; thank you! I’m pleased to see that our superior service has brought you back for a second time. Thanks again and we hope to see your return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stay here everytime I'm in Seattle. Here are the descriptors:
-Clean
-Courteous (best staff)
-Warm (feels like home)
-Friendly (did I say best staff?)
-Great Location (Go Dogs!!)
-Comfortable (sleep like a baby!)
-Excellent Breakfast (everytime I've been there)
-Reasonable (I've paid more for much less)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! I completely agree; we have the best staff. I will be sure to share your kind words with the entire team. I’m please that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights with my 2 year old son whilst my husband traveled east. This is a great place and I'm glad we found it with the help of Tripadvisor. It is clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful (naturally, with some more friendly than others). The continental breakfast was fantastic. Would definitely stay here again. Whilst there is a free shuttle, this was hourly and only to a limited number of destinations. Hence, I found it was easler just to catch public transport which was within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us at University Inn. I'm so glad you found our staff friendly and our complimentary breakfast fantastic! Being in the heart of the University District, we are very close to several bus lines to destinations around the city and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of it. We hope to see you again the next time you are visiting Seattle.
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was impressed. Stayed here for one night because I had to be at University of Washington for a language proficiency test. It is very close to the campus--will take you less than 5 minutes walk. It's also super accessible by public transportation--I took the bus from King Street Station. Our room was very spacious, clean, bright, and modern. We had a queen room on the fourth floor on the south end of the hotel I think. It was nice to relax there. The free breakfast in the morning was nothing special, but I did appreciate free tea, coffee, and pineapple cupcakes when we checked in. It's also nice that check out is 12 PM. The staff was really pleasant. I would definitely stay again if I'm visiting Seattle!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad you were able to relax during your stay. I hope you did well on your language proficiency test. Thanks again! We look forward to see you again the next time you visit Seattle.
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Going to Seattle to visit the city this is the place to stay University Inn. It is located on Roosevelt Way. Clean, friendly, reasonable price, and helpful staff. A shuttle to the city, FREE. Everything about the University Inn is well worth the stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thanks for writing a nice review about University Inn. I think your title says it all. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Boston, Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were there to visit the UW Campus and you can walk right over from hotel and if you want to head downtown they have a free shuttle that runs on the hour and will drop you at various locations downtown. The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly. When I was there it was not overly crowed and they gave me a room upgrade without me asking! It has a nice free breakfast and free wifi There is nothing fancy about this place but if you want a hotel close to campus that is fairly priced, clean, and with a nice staff this is a sure bet.

Room Tip: The free shuttle fills up so make sure you book space on it ahead of time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review! I’m glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary upgrade and utilize our complimentary local area shuttle. I hope you had a great time visiting UW. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had a great first impression of University Inn, where I stayed for one night. I called to ask about transportation from the airport and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful with directions. She described exactly how to get from Sea-Tac to the Westlake Center where the complementary hotel shuttle will pick up guests. I had no problems getting to the hotel. Indeed, everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

I was assigned to a room on the fourth floor in the north wing. There are two separate wings, which are only connected on the ground floor, so be sure to get on the correct elevator. The north wing is older, but the property is lovingly cared for. Everything was clean and comfortable, just not spanking new. My room had a great balcony overlooking the parking lot.

My one issue was that the complementary wireless internet connection was not working well in my room, which admittedly was in the furthest corner of the hotel. I was also using a very old laptop. I didn’t mind working in the breakfast area downstairs, where it worked fine. There is also a computer with a printer for use in the lobby.

Breakfast consisted of the usual continental breakfast offerings. There are delicious mini pineapple cupcakes offered as snacks between 4-7pm.

In short, I had a pleasant stay at this retro chic hotel in the University district. It was convenient for my purposes in town. The UW campus shuttle stops across the street, and the main drag offers many dining options. However, someone I met on the bus told that the Watertown hotel one block away, also managed by Pineapple Hospitality, is much nicer, so it might sense to compare the rates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review! Its always nice to hear that our staff is friendly and helpful. I sincerely apologize for the wireless internet connection issues in your room. Please know that we are currently in the process of upgrading our entire wireless internet infrastructure which will rectify the issue. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to your return to Pineapple Hospitality hotel in the future.

Been to University Inn - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!